Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camaro bodies now on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats cool

Good find! I had no idea they would be on e-bay but that is pretty cool! anyone know when the hardtops are coming out
      KENNY DAVIS HOTRODS

Frank?

Looking forward to your opinion!
      I noticed throughout the write-up that he referred to the bodies as "STYLED AFTER THE 1969 CONVERTIBLE CAMARO", numerous times. I guess they can't say these "ARE" 69 Camaro bodies.

Country Flag: United States
      Classic Industries sells them. Page 467 in their camaro catalog.

Now I wanna know when the Cuda bodies start. That's what I want!!!

As was discussed previously on this board, the quality wasn't very good on these. Anyone know if the quality has improved?

I don't know, for $11k and a 6-8 week waiting period, I'll cut and weld myself for much less...
      -Jim...

1970 Mustang Mach 1, Global West tubulars, roller bearing everything, del-a-lums, 355 Windsor Tremec TKO 600, lots more on the way
      A few other cool toys too

Not only that, we (y'all) ran their sales guy off! Now we will never know the real story behind these bodies!

Let the VIN shenanigans begin!!!
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
      Let the VIN shenanigans begin!!!
      [movie]I'll pistol whip the next person that says shenanigans.[/movie] Sorry, I had to. That move is just too funny.

i think these are a good price and would buy on if they had one in a chevelle conv .i have a ebay bought 66 chevelle conv. that a guy from ohio sold as a "good driver almost a rust free car " " with a new conv top and good seats " the car should have been described as free rust , new top installed with a desk stapler and seats covered in black duct tape !
      i think this is a good product for the 50 thousand rusted camaros left in back yards and salvage yards .

Quote Originally Posted by 69rs
      Not only that, we (y'all) ran their sales guy off! Now we will never know the real story behind these bodies!
      I will take the credit for that. I did not try to run him off, just tried to get him to answer simple, straight forward questions. I still wish he would answer them. What really blows my mind is the fact that with a target audience here, they(he) refuses to answer the hard questions, like vin issues, fit and finish...
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

I love the concept of reproducing muscle car bodies ala 32 ford, shelby cobra and 27 t-bucket, but 11k (plus shipping) seems a bit steep. Guess I'd wait for economies of scale to kick in.
      Drowning in projects!

I am not sure if anyone else saw the booth at Hot August Nights this year, but Dynacorn is offering the 67 Hard tops for 12-15K.

-Jeremie

I did not try to run him off, just tried to get him to answer simple, straight forward questions
      I know, Bill! I was funnin! I was a little put out with the way he did, too! I think that he could have sold some around here if he had been more forthcoming with information.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzostyle
      I am not sure if anyone else saw the booth at Hot August Nights this year, but Dynacorn is offering the 67 Hard tops for 12-15K.

-Jeremie
      Are you serious I want pics!!!

I found this while searching for pics of a hard top version.

http://www.corbettsauto.com/1969_cam...body_parts.htm

I'll quote this from the website.

Since it has been announced, the idea of the “New Camaro Body” has divided the industry. There are those that hate the idea and those that have embraced it. The main idea that seems to be causing the problem is the legality of transferring the necessary trim tag and VIN information to the new firewall and cowl panel. Many people are under the false impression that this is illegal. IT IS NOT. Please referred to the federal code which states in black and white that it can be done if it “is reasonably necessary for the repair” now of course you will need to clear this with your local DMV. Of course this is only relevant if you own a 1967, 1968, or 1969 Chevy Camaro with a title.

Jim, I have not seen a production piece. I notice they do not mention the mandatory crating charge I so disputed. And I also see now they allow your own shipping arrangements, which would be me, picking my bodies up at the factory, uncrated!
      The price is not a issue. I actually think it is a great deal if the quality is good. We could not hand you a repaired rusted shell for any less. The VIN issue that scares some is pretty easy in all states but California and their smog requirements. Quite simply it will have to be a home built title. Pretty easy.
      It is their inability to answer straight forward questions, the sneaky way of fishing for information and opinions, and the obvious attempt to keep buyers away from the factory, that turn me sore. Combine those things with the quality we all saw at SEMA and recently on the Power Tour, and it makes one want to step back.

the add i seen for them on ebay said you had to buy them thru an authorized chevy dealer ..i read aloyt about them in magazines like the dynacorn ones ..they said that if chevy would not get involved they could not call them camaros..but i hear the dynacorn bodies are suppose to be really good quality..ill still do the hours of body work on mine to keep it real..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

These are the Dynacorn bodies, I guess BC CLASSIC AND PERFORMANCE is a dealer for them.

[movie]I'll pistol whip the next person that says shenanigans.[/movie]
      Mac: Hey Farva. Whats the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
      Farva: You mean Shenanigans?

funniest movie EVAAR!!!1

/threadjack.

Where was this booth at Hot August nights???? I didnt see it!
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com