Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: TriStar Engines

Country Flag: United States

TriStar Engines

I just wanted to brag on my buddies at TriStar Engines up in Wisconsin. I got screwed on a motor from Patriot Performance right before they went under and these guys really stepped up to the plate to help me out. They hooked me up with a fully assembled and dynoed 406 making an honest 550 hp and just as much torque. They used all brand new parts including a brand new dart SHP block, dart aluminum heads, dart intake, tuned quickfuel carb, msd ignition, howards cam, scorpian roller rockers, and a lot of other high end components. They are the nicest, most helpful people I have dealt with on my 2nd rebuild of my daily driven 69 Camaro. Definitely one of the best buys out there if you want a great bang for your buck brand new engine! So if you're looking for a new motor for your car, holler at Ben up TriStar and have him send you one of their Prostar engines. You won't be disappointed!

Sorry guys. I guess this thread deserves to be in the feedback section. My bad.

why the 406 over the 427?
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Because the price jumps a grand to give you an estimated 10 hp. I can put a nitrous kit on this one and get 150hp for less than that.

look at the torque curve differences... its not only about peak numbers more about the whole curve..... but for the 1K i would go 427... all day.. just one mans opinion.

67 Camaro In progress

To be honest the 406 was over my budget especially considering the fact that Patriot performance just stole $4500 from me. I was just glad to get what I got. Plus this thing is way more motor than I really needed. It's a monster! No doubt I would loved to have been able to say 427 instead but I don't have anything but good things to say about this 406.

A+ it actually got me thinking about boing back to Gen 1 SBC.... considering my goals its about 1/2 the price of the LS..

67 Camaro In progress

Ive been looking at their web site and emailing Mr. Steine. Got my eye on a Dart 540 short block.
      Dante'

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com