Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by williecutlass View Post
      The torque arm setup seam to work well on the gnx's. Just thought with a little upgrade like the watts link would make it better.
      That is the exact set-up I'm planning for my next project car. A modified GNX suspension - rear cover, torque arm, and modified cross brace, but without the panhard bar, and with a watts link.

Just because.

John at SC&C
      Savitske Classic and Custom
      NEW # 610-381-6100

'87 Buick Regal Turbo T - Since New
      Lots of SC&C, Fays2 Watts Link
      Boze Pro Touring wheels,
      Baer 13" Pro+ & SS4+
      Shaved door handles
      Custom S/S Exhaust

I never new the G-bodies had torque arm kits..figured they just had the same spin-off offerings as our Abodies
      not sure if sperical ends johnny/roto/delsphers bind abodies enough to lift tires, but its been proven with pics that they do on G-bodies
      gnxray? is his name
      which that beeing said DSE kit and even speedtech use swivvel link rear arms to prevent this
      not sure how ridetech does, one of the few kits I dont know much about

I def would go with a fay2 watts vs panhard bar if doing a 3-link
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

Gbodys bind with johnny joints,roto joints etc.?do you have a link to gnxrays pics?
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelletiger View Post
      Gbodys bind with johnny joints,roto joints etc.?do you have a link to gnxrays pics?
      I was wrong on the username
      its Boosted6 of GNS performance

He posted this on the v8buick board.
      Pretty sure he talked about it or someone else mentioned similar situation on here too

Name:  montebind.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  39.8 KB

I wanna see a G-body with the curry johnnyjoint bushings in axle ear with dual rotos on upper/rotos and see if this still happens..and ofcourse swaybars with ridetechs posilinks to improve the bars articulation

Kind of curious if this is actually the spherical ends on arms not having enough motion or if said swaybar is causing the arms to bind in return lifting the tire in corner
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

Rack & pinion for g-body will be a challenge for a track car (i.e., not a drag car). The only vendor that I'm aware of is TRZ and I'm told their unit is for drag racing as the ratio is VERY slow. Would not work for autocrossing or similar event. So, you will be on your own designing, fabrication, and installation. If you are up to that, great! Keep me posted! Sounds exciting. I was looking to go where you are headed but ended up purchasing a Lee 600 box and DSE steering shaft.
      Conrad
      Original owner '84 Grand National. CAS V1 (big) front-mount intercooler, Comp roller hyd cam, Champion Al intake/heads, T66 turbo, 3.5" custom cat-back exhaust, RideTech TruTurn front & DSE rear swaybars/ctrl arms, Ridetech 3-way coilovers, Baer 6P 14/13. FAST w/TouchScreen & GM Flex Fuel sensor, 120 lb injectors, Ricks SS tank, Aeromotive Eliminator pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      I was wrong on the username
      its Boosted6 of GNS performance

He posted this on the v8buick board.
      Pretty sure he talked about it or someone else mentioned similar situation on here too

Name:  montebind.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  39.8 KB

I wanna see a G-body with the curry johnnyjoint bushings in axle ear with dual rotos on upper/rotos and see if this still happens..and ofcourse swaybars with ridetechs posilinks to improve the bars articulation

Kind of curious if this is actually the spherical ends on arms not having enough motion or if said swaybar is causing the arms to bind in return lifting the tire in corner
      I find it interesting that lifting the inside tire is attributed solely to Currectracs or roto-joint style rear arms. I've dealt with stock arms, UMI arms and Currectracs and the swivel joint arms will droop a rear end to any limit. There are no "limits" to rotation of the arms for suspension travel. Detroit Speed arms have rubber bushings, which do not rotate but deflect/twist to allow suspension travel. The swivel link takes care of axial twist only. Rubber does bind at its travel limits by design. My experience has been the UMI and Currectrac arms with a swivel joint on one end and poly on the other. You can put a jack under either side with the springs out and put significant inclination on the rear end with minimal effort.

There are some pretty hardcore autocrossers out there with Currectracs (Norm Peterson has them on his S197 Mustang IIRC), and I haven't seen him complain of lifting inside rear tires on a course.

Typically, wheel lifts are indicative of high roll rates and a stiff chassis (look at the front end of a road racing 911). SicMonte (shown in the picture above) has a roll bar in the car, which would stiffen the back half of the chassis. Scot's (boosted6's) car by comparison has no interior roll bar, and may even have stock rubber body bushings. Chassis flex alone could easily make up the difference shown, along with a difference in rear sway bar stiffness.

Here's a picture from ridetech's site of what looks to be a stock suspension A-body going around a corner. Even the junk stock control arms keeps both tires on the ground!

Name:  right turn.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  316.7 KB
      Luke
      '63 Chevy II wagon - project

Hey that's me!! My rear suspension currently consists of Curr Trac upper and lower arms, stock rubber housing bushings, Spohn Pro Touring bar, and ridetech coilovers.

My car seems to always lift up the rear tire....even with the bar adjusted to full soft.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com