Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Evolution Performance Driving School coming to Northern California ...

Evolution Driving Schools at Marina with special guest instructor Sam Strano
      Feb 2-3 is the weekend at Marina Airport, Marina, CA (near the Monterey Peninsula about 120 miles south of San Francisco). Saturday will be a Challenge school and the Test 'n Tune day is on Sunday. Here is a link to the course descriptions:

http://evoschool.com/index.php?page=schedule

SCCA Solo Multi-National Champion, Shelly Monfort is hosting and coordinating with east coast EVOLUTION High Performance Driving School instructor and seven time SCCA National Champion, Sam Strano (also winner of this year's SCCA Solo Driver of Eminence award). This will be Sammy's first time ever racing or teaching in California, and it's a rare opportunity to get his fantastic instruction in both driving and car tweaking (if/where needed).

Sam has been teaching with the Evolution Driving School for 15 years. He is making the long trek out here (by car) from Pennsylvania to offer his coaching and help specifically for intermediate to advanced drivers (we all know that even the best drivers can benefit from critique and suggestions.) Saturday focuses more on driving in competition - under pressure - and Sunday focuses more on a combination of driving and car adjusting/general tweaking. I can personally attest to Sam's driving instruction expertise - he's amazing with helping drivers at any skill level go faster.
      It looks like we will have the Marina site available, and the cost per lap for the Test N Tune - over 30 laps, if you want - is cheaper per run than many regular autocross events! There is a good chance that Sam will be one of the course designers for the SCCA Solo Nationals this year (no confirmation quite yet) and you will have a good opportunity to get some of his thoughts and advice on courses, visual tricks, etc.
      The Challenge school requires a prior EVO class, or instructor approval on a case-by-case basis. The Test and Tune is open to all.

If you have never taken an EVOLUTION school and would like a fantastic immersion weekend for autocross in-depth knowledge and experience, there are EVO Phase One and Phase Two classes two weeks later at Marina on Feb 16-17, which I would highly recommend for beginning to intermediate drivers. This will be an intense weekend of top notch instruction and personal driving goal-setting for your racing season. These classes are also posted on the Evolution web site. If you haven't taken EVO Phase One and Two but have autocross competition experience, contact Evolution to request exemption from this requirement. It may be granted on a case-by-case basis.

Feb 2-3 is coming up fast! Don't wait till the last minute to sign up.

You can take any one single or combination of class days. This will be a great tune up for the upcoming GoodGuys and Pro-Touring style events, and local autocrosses! The Monterey Peninsula is an excellent vacation locale and there’s a lot of non-car things to do for family so bring 'em. There are excellent local motels for anyone who is coming from a distance for a weekend of classes as well. This will likely be the only time multi-National Champion Sam Strano will be out west for any type of one-on-one instruction.

Hope to see you there.

Last edited by mpozzi; 01-09-2013 at 06:42 AM.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

They are also in Champaign, IL April 27th and 28th for phase 1 and 2 classes. I'm going.

All the fast kids say this is the best money a person will ever spend trying to go fast.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Thats what I hear also Donny, wait....?...I think Mary told me that....., OK I am in! I do need to learn how to drive with my eyes open! sounds like a great time, both the Challenge and Dial in classes sound fantastic, cant wait to see everyone there

and bump to the top

Thanks for the nudge, Rodney. You'll learn so much from these two days and won't believe how alien-like Sam Strano is behind the wheel. The guy's amazing ...

A bunch of us are getting together for dinner Saturday evening and you guys are in for that too. Not sure if it will be here at the house or somewhere local. Need to check with Shelly.

Mary P.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com