Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Wiring? Speartech, AAW,Gmpp,Isis

I spent the last evening reading comments on wiring. I am building 69 camaro ls3,t56, I have smoothed the firewall comletely and have some ideas in mind for the wiring would just like pros and cons from the forum members.
      AAW I see they offer a hot rod 22 kit, think this would be a good choice for all my body electrical. Headlights, taillights interior.
      Ron Francis (keeps flashing on my computer) how does this compare to AAW?
      Speartech? Is this a custom version vehicle specific for cars needs? What price compared to Gmpp setup with drive by wire throttle o2 sensors and ecm?
      Gmpp and Speartech are engine management Inj, coils, alternator, starter, fuel pump,
      Isis I recently saw a saying that said If you cannot explain it you do not understand it well enough! It looks expensive I think it runs everything by grounding the items instead of having constant power?
      I am leaning toward AAW and running the 22 pin setup, Most people mount the fuse panel behind factory stereo location or in the trunk?
      Thanks for the help
      Last edited by snappytravis; 01-07-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling

for your 69 camaro I would recommend the AAW classic update kit Part# 500686 a little more money than some but 10 times easier and has all kinds of options built in for our PT cars

If your car is stockish, other than drivetrain, then the classic update is the way to go.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

My most recent build was the Tommy Camaro. I considered both the AAW Classic Update, and a custom ISIS setup. I went back and forth, and eventually chose the AAW system. It's an amazing kit, and comes with nearly everything you'll need. The car has power windows, locks, deck lid, stereo, a/c, lots of gauges, late model EFI, upgraded lights, push button start, device charging ports, etc. It all works great.

But.

If I had to do it again, I'd use ISIS. Why? The car has 17 relays in it. Using ISIS, I wouldn't have had any. Plus I would have had all the circuits I needed, with all kinds of upgradeability and custom programming, built-in security, and a lot less 12-14g wires.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      My most recent build was the Tommy Camaro. I considered both the AAW Classic Update, and a custom ISIS setup. I went back and forth, and eventually chose the AAW system. It's an amazing kit, and comes with nearly everything you'll need. The car has power windows, locks, deck lid, stereo, a/c, lots of gauges, late model EFI, upgraded lights, push button start, device charging ports, etc. It all works great.

But.

If I had to do it again, I'd use ISIS. Why? The car has 17 relays in it. Using ISIS, I wouldn't have had any. Plus I would have had all the circuits I needed, with all kinds of upgradeability and custom programming, built-in security, and a lot less 12-14g wires.
      Is the Isis setup that much more time or difficult to install, I am thinking of power windows, push button start and It will have ac, I wired a streetrod years back with a painless setup, I believe that would be comparable to the aaw?
      Thanks for the input guys
      Travis

Right. The AAW is like the Painless.

ISIS is best considered like a BCM (Body Control Module). All the switches are wired to the control module (with 28g wire), and all the loads are connected to the power modules. The control module talks to the power module via CAN-BUS. Now you've got complete digital control, and some analog control.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

We've used, sold & installed both the AAW Hwy series harnesses and the Classic Update harnesses. The Hwy. 22 kit is more of a universal/custom install compared to the Classic Update. If you are fairly stock/original, but maybe adding electric fans, or electric fuel pump, stereo, A/C or similar the Classic update will be able to handle it, while still being designed for your application. As was stated, the Classic Update comes complete with pretty much everything you need except the crimping pliers. Besides being color coded, the wires are labelled down the length of the wire.

Walt

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com