Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Absolutely awesome and different build you have here. Can't wait to see the finished product. As a kid my father had all kinds of cool cars Porche 356's, Old Pontiac's and Chevrolet's, a V8 Datsun Truck, a few really cool VW Bug's, but my favorite car from then was a black and white P1800S that we had for several years. It was my father's daily driver and I sooo enjoyed riding in it. Just had a really cool vibe, and different.

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I had been thinking the car will need more downforce than it was going to get from the factory design but I did not want to ruin the look of the car. When I was driving home from work one afternoon I pull up next to a Chrysler Crossfire and I knew that was it. I purchased the guts of a Crossfire off eBay for under $150. I told my body guy what I wanted done and he looked at me like I was crazy. He now thinks it is one of the coolest parts of the build. ��

It only takes about 3 seconds to fully lift and is really a pretty stout piece. I plan on using a Lingenfelter switch that is tied into the VSS. It will also have a switch for manual override. Here is a video of it working.
      https://youtu.be/KCKkLgiAfoo
      Thank you and keep up the great work!
      '69 Charger TT Viper project - SOLD
      '65 Mustang Shelby clone project "almost done"

You should consider running the Holley Dominator. It has a ton of user definable inputs and outputs, so you can easily implement the automatic wing....and whatever else you imagine!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have been thinking about a different fuel injection setup but felt it may be a waste of money actually. I was also concerned that is may not integrate well with my Twist Machine paddle shifter. That likely won't be a big deal since I think I only need a TPS output for it.

Would a Holley system give me ability to control fans and items like that?

The Dominator has built in trans control with paddle shift and will not only offer binary fan control, but also pwm fan control. Its the cat's meow...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks Andrew! It sure would clean up my wiring. I will look into it and other options like Fast more.

Unfortunately I don't have much progress to report. The shop still hasn't started working on the suspension install. I do have a couple other updates on items I am starting to acquire. I ordered a new set of front wheels and tires for track days. I will have new Boze Performance wheels 18" x 11" fitted with 315/30 BFG Rival S rubber. I will keep my existing 18" x 9" wheels and 275 tires for street use.

I have also decided on moving over to a different engine management system. I have narrowed it down to a Haltech 2500 setup or a Holley Dominator. The reason I will be using one of these is for DBW capabilities and I will also be using the traction control software they use. This car is pretty short and narrow. I am looking for a little piece of mind that traction control has to offer. Easier setup and tuning is a plus. I will wait to buy that for when the car is closer to paint.

The new front tires are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country Flag: Norway
      Just came across this after having seen some of your vids on YouTube. Absolutely amazing. I love both your design choices and craftsmanship. And that prancing moose in the grill!! Looking forward to follow the progress.

Where in the world are you?

silentdmotorshow.com

You have an amazing build, going to be a stunner when finished!

Thanks guys! I am up in Washington State near Portland, Oregon.

I got some good news yesterday. The guys over at Rhom Innovations have started the install of my front suspension. I hope to have some updated pictures to show soon.

Installation of the front clip has started. So far the fit has been terrific. It actually looks better in there than I imagined thanks to the guys at Rhom Innovations and Ron Sutton Race Technologies. This thing is going to be incredible on the track and street!

Installation of the front clip has started. So far the fit has been terrific. It actually looks better in there than I imagined thanks to the guys at Rhom Innovations and Ron Sutton Race Technologies. This thing is going to be incredible on the track and street!
      It is going to have some front grip for sure !!! This is similar geometry to my clients that have been winning a bunch of autocross event lately.

Country Flag: UK
      Hi

Fantastic build guys.
      I've just joined after reading all of this, and am now the owner of a 1970 coupe myself (in the UK).
      I'm looking do something similar to this car for myself, but not so much on the mechanicals just yet. The car I've bought has just had an engine rebuild, so am gonna focus on the cosmetics and bodywork...

Have you decided on the colour scheme you're going for, and the interior?

Thanks. The paint is going to be a charcoal color from an Aston Martin and the interior will be red. Not a bright red but a deeper color like today's modern cars.

I had been thinking the car will need more downforce than it was going to get from the factory design but I did not want to ruin the look of the car. When I was driving home from work one afternoon I pull up next to a Chrysler Crossfire and I knew that was it. I purchased the guts of a Crossfire off eBay for under $150. I told my body guy what I wanted done and he looked at me like I was crazy. He now thinks it is one of the coolest parts of the build. ��

It only takes about 3 seconds to fully lift and is really a pretty stout piece. I plan on using a Lingenfelter switch that is tied into the VSS. It will also have a switch for manual override. Here is a video of it working.
      https://youtu.be/KCKkLgiAfoo
      That is SO cool!! Original ideas like this is really what makes a build stand out. You are going to have one truly unique ride when it's done!

Thanks Centerforce! I loved your van in optima Alley at SEMA by the way. Way too cool!!!

Not much to update right now. The fabricator working on my car caught his had in an engine fan and tore it up pretty bad. They have finished mocking up the front suspension and are ready to weld it into place.

On a side not I have decided to go with a Haltech engine management system. I will be utilizing their traction control setup as a plus.

Ron Sutton has also talked me into a fire suppression system as well as a data logger. I am looking into those now and should have a sense of direction on those by the end of the week. I am currently leaning toward an Aim data logging setup. I like the software a little more than Racepak and it is also the cost is a bit lower.

My new wider Boze Wheels should be here this week. Thanks Zak you guys are fantastic!

My car is still having the suspension work done. They are getting some work done but not enough to be worthy of pictures yet. I will update the thread when things are more interesting.

I have decided to step up the power levels with the car. I have picked up a set of the new AFR Mongoose LS3 heads, a Fast 102 intake and Yella Terra roller rockers. From what I have seen on other builds this should be right at 600 hp. Plenty to scoot me around. �� I am also adding an Improved Racing oil pan baffle setup. From what I have read oil starvation at high speed and high G's kill LS engines. The baffle and Accusump should really help with this.

I have also started working with Chris over at The Roadster Shop with some renderings. I want to get a better view of colors, mirror options and smaller details. He is pretty close the finishing up the front rendering and will also do a 3/4 view of the rear. It is looking pretty good I think. I will post more pictures when he has them available for me. This was a sneak peek!

Nice rendering. This is a really creative build. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I met a guy that does design work at The Roadster Shop and he is helping me with some final decisions. He took the photos of my car and did a fantastic rendering of the end result. This will allow me to change the color or details before it is finalized. It will look killer when done!

I want to get some input on my mirror selection though. I have 3 choices I am mulling over right now.
      1 is the classic chrome bullet
      2 is a 2nd generation Camaro mirror that would be body color
      3 is a chrome rectangular one like the original.

What do you think?

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com