Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Call me weird but I like #3
      My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

I like 1 & 3. Leaning more towards 1 a bit.
      1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

Cars to rounded for a square mirror 1 would look great if you have chrome on the car no chrome 2 painted body color would work the best

Presuming #1 is the classic Mustang style bullet mirror, do the base and body of the mirror body color and only leave the part that swivels chrome.

It has a classic look and the body color will help it disappear a little more. Best of both worlds imo with the chrome bumper/grill but flush mount glass.
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Presuming #1 is the classic Mustang style bullet mirror, do the base and body of the mirror body color and only leave the part that swivels chrome.

It has a classic look and the body color will help it disappear a little more. Best of both worlds imo with the chrome bumper/grill but flush mount glass.
      I like that idea! Thanks for the input you guys.

Here is another version of the bullet mirrors mounted on the fender.

The fender mounted mirrors are so odd, but on the cars that had them, they really look good.

Bullet mirrors^^are a GO. T

#2 looks the best to me, suits the original car as well as the styling upgrades.

I like # 1 the best. Big no for fender mounted mirrors.
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Definitely the Bullet Mirrors. I'm not sure of the Fender Mount, but it does give it an Aston Martin DB feel

I've been repairing Volvos for over 35 years now and the one consistent thing I noticed about 1800 mirror placement is there is no consistent location for side mirrors, seems it was up to the buyer where they got mounted.

I'm in the weird camp, I guess. #1 is best, #3 is a close 2nd for me. The Camaro mirrors look too "heavy" and modern, I think, for this car. Not in love with the fender mount render. Of course, whatever you choose, I'm certain I'll love seeing and drooling over, forgetting completely what wrong thing I said about the mirrors.

I definitely like the bullet mirrors on the fenders. Second would be the bullet mirrors on the doors.

They look more period correct for the car - especially when on the fenders.

Thanks for all the help with the mirror selection. I think I will go with a Talbot (bullet) mirror on the car. I will mount them on the doors. I like the way it looks on the fender but feel it will get in the way of servicing the car and it also clutters up the look of the front a little more than I care for.

Fender mount mirrors look good but DEFINITELY get in the way when working under the hood, and they are more difficult to use what with being so far from the driver.
      Door mounted has 2 possible faults, too far forward and the vent window/window frame are in your field of view, too far back and it interferes with the vent window opening fully.

Door mounting should be a little easier in my case. I am eliminating the wing windows. Fender mount does make the blind spot smaller but I think the cons outweigh the pros.

Such a cool build. I can't wait to see more progress on it. My opinion would be option 3.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Here are a couple pictures and a short video of the chassis strengthening and the front clip installation. There is still some extra bracing and plating to do but progress is being made.
      https://youtu.be/Nimh7fquKYE

We need more space for the tires!

315s on a classic Volvo is going to be so good. We can't wait!

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com