Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New England Gathering: Update (with date)

Hey Guys,
      Sorry for the new post but thought it best to be organized. So based on the responses, I am going to go with Aug 13. It seems that everyone who could go on the 6th could do anyday, and the rest who couldnt do the 6th, could on the 13th. Did that make sense? Anyway, the 13th it is!

Now alot of different ideas were tossed around as far as what to do. Things such as the Bethel Saturday Cruise night, I have never been but supposedly is pretty big. We could do a cruise to that. Some other locations and routes were also mentioned as fun.

What I would like is some help in this area, I am from Northern CT so I dont know alot of the Southern areas.
      - First of all, the NY/NJ guys let us know how far you are willing to drive.
      -Second, the Southern CT guys, it be great to get a list of some cool places to cruise/meet and maybe some other shows going on if we want to stop in at one of them.

Anyway, the 13th...this posts agenda..the activities.

Thanks guys
      Tim
      In memory of those gone before us
      In gratitude for those who care

I'll see if I can find anything going on.
      Im going on a trip to Canada from Thursday to Sunday.
      I should come up with something by then.
      I live in E.Hampton so we'll probably come up with the same thing.
      My driveshaft will be in this weekend so my car will be ready for the 13th.

Country Flag: United States
      The only thing that I think of is marcus dairy(danbury). Could keep checking the bargin news...

Bryan

I say we just do a nice scenic cruise (Rt. 7 maybe?) with lots of twisties, some nice straights, and as few cops / people around as possible. Maybe meet up somewhere in the morning, cruise around, grab some lunch. Shoot the bull for a while, get some cool pix, cruise back to the original meeting spot and head home. Or something like that?

Well... there seems to be a bunch of guys in CT and on Long Island. I'm not sure where everyone is actually located but for the CT guys, there is a ferry from Bridgeport, CT that runs to Port Jefferson, LI, it's actually a really beautiful ride - the boat is HUGE and cars are covered - from there maybe members could meet up in the town of Port Jefferson, which is a really nice little Harbor Town and then perhaps take a ride to the Hamptons - surprise the crap out all the BMW's, Bently's and Mercedes that are all over the place. Plus, there are LOADS of nice roads out that way with some really wonderful resturants. The Ferry runs starting at like 5:30-6am so everyone should be able to meet up.

Again - just a suggestion, but I figure it would save the CT guys a long long ride and do the same for the NY'rs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAngry
      Well... there seems to be a bunch of guys in CT and on Long Island. I'm not sure where everyone is actually located but for the CT guys, there is a ferry from Bridgeport, CT that runs to Port Jefferson, LI, it's actually a really beautiful ride - the boat is HUGE and cars are covered - from there maybe members could meet up in the town of Port Jefferson, which is a really nice little Harbor Town and then perhaps take a ride to the Hamptons - surprise the crap out all the BMW's, Bently's and Mercedes that are all over the place. Plus, there are LOADS of nice roads out that way with some really wonderful resturants. The Ferry runs starting at like 5:30-6am so everyone should be able to meet up.

Again - just a suggestion, but I figure it would save the CT guys a long long ride and do the same for the NY'rs as well.

The Hamptons would be a really nice place to meet up. We could probably get an easy 40-50 mile cruise out of it, too. It's about 50 miles from my house to South Hampton, and another 50 to Montauk. Port Jeff is really nice, too, but will be come crowded towards the late morning / early afternoon, so it would have to be an early morning meet.

Rt 7 is what I was thinking of, I had forgotten the number, but Steve mentioned it as a good road. I would rather stay in CT, an early morning meet at the hamptons would result in like a 4AM departure for me!! and probably 5-6am for other parts of CT.
      I like Ralphs idea, and I think someone said Marcus Dairy as a meeting place that was close to Rt 7 in a previous post.

I will work on some maps of Rt 7, anyone know good overlooks, restaurants, ect we could do photoshoots (I am definantly snapping pictures of some of your cars, whether you like it or not!! ).

But lets see what else while I work on that.

Also how bout a head count, I will look in the old post...but I am hoping and seems like 10-15 guys would be nice.

Tim

Either way is fine by me. If it turns out to be the Hamptons there's a party at my house. Tim it's closer than you think. A 6AM or 7AM ferry will work fine.

I just wanted to throw up a quick note to everyone about this--you do not have to be driving a pro-touring car to attend this get together! I know many of us are still working on their projects and some won't be done for the event, or even this year (myself included!) don't be afraid to come out and cruise in your daily driver, late model performer, pickup truck, station wagon, scooter, skateboard, etc. Although the meet will involve a cruise, the real purpose is to hang out with fellow hot rodders with a common interest -- pro-touring! I'll be driving my '01 Camaro since the '68 won't be done.

I am right in the middle between the island and connecticut, so I am in either way. If we dont do an event at a track than bethel or marcus dairy sound good. Another great midway point is city island, i think they have a show coming up.We could make a triangle of the farthest points (participants) and pick a spot in the middle.We could always do more than one, pick a few spots.

Ralph, if you really make the effort your car could be done, dont you watch tv?, it just takes a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by vanzuuk1
      Ralph, if you really make the effort your car could be done, dont you watch tv?, it just takes a few days.

lol, very true! I guess I could rip the drivetrain out of my '01, and just throw everything into the '68, heh.

I was thinking city island would be a good meeting point, but isn't it really, REALLY crowded on the weekends? We could always meet somewhere just outside of city island, if it is. Jones beach would be another good meeting point, with plenty of areas to park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph LoGrasso
      I just wanted to throw up a quick note to everyone about this--you do not have to be driving a pro-touring car to attend this get together! I know many of us are still working on their projects and some won't be done for the event, or even this year (myself included!) don't be afraid to come out and cruise in your daily driver, late model performer, pickup truck, station wagon, scooter, skateboard, etc. Although the meet will involve a cruise, the real purpose is to hang out with fellow hot rodders with a common interest -- pro-touring! I'll be driving my '01 Camaro since the '68 won't be done.
      You forgot golfcart
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell
      You forgot golfcart

Damn! I thought I had all the bases covered!

I had a conversation with a friend who is working down in the Hamptons for the summer, and said Traffic is insane, and would be on a weekend morning too!

Now I am open to it either way, and its the NY guys that can tell us better. But traffic would ruin a cruise. So if you want to put it to a vote we can vote between a Rt7 in CT and Hamptons. But lets keep the info coming.

I did find that ferry and there is a 6 and 7am ferry. So thats not a concern, just traffic.

Tim

We can hit traffic anywhere, but long island traffic seems inevitable. Ill meet you ct guys at sycamores or the dairy, and I will always do the OBI cruise.

What's the latest on this?

I am working on getting a map right now, I was gonna post something last night but got sidetracked. I will work on it at work.

Im gonna make the call to do it in southern CT up part of RT 7 for good cruising, stop for some BS'n and lunch, and whatever else. I just think it will actually be a safer bet then Hamptons.

Tim

Could we end or start at the vintage race at limerock?, I need to check the date.

Also sycamores or the saturday night show at marcus dairy.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com