Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

where to get 1" lowering blocks and u bolts

i have 1.5" rear drop leafs on my 68 camaro now and i want it just alittle lower so i want to go woth a 1" block.. any suggestions where to get them and also what size u bolts ill need and where to get them also

When I put 1" lowering blocks on my 68, I got them from Speedway Motors. At the time, I got rid of the T-bolts and used U-bolts from Hotchkis, I believe.
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

Speedway has them for sure.

whats the difference between u bolt and t bolt? wouldnt i already have u bolts on my rear leafs stock? will i need longer ones with the blocks? i bought a set of hotchkis rear leafs used from a friend but its just the leafs was gonna use my old harware and add the blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dorion View Post
      When I put 1" lowering blocks on my 68, I got them from Speedway Motors. At the time, I got rid of the T-bolts and used U-bolts from Hotchkis, I believe.

Advance and O'Reilly....prolly Autozone too.....take your old U-bolt in and they can match it for a longer one

Jaycoy, I have a question for you, are you running the rubber isolater pad on top of the spring between the leaf spring and mount on the axle?

I am going through this same thing now. I did the Hotchkis rear leafs with a 1.5 inch drop and think it can come down a bit more.
      I bought both a 1 inch spacer and a 1.5 inch spacer from Jegs made by Afco. Afco has longer 9.5 inch u bolts.
      I have yet to try them out, but believe it will give me the result I'm looking for.
      I'm also am kicking around the idea that if the 1.5 inch block works well, should I just get the 3 inch lowering springs? I'm not a hardcore auto crosser, so the blocks will probably do, and also if the springs sag over time I guess I could just remove the block and raise the car up a bit.

as previously mentioned, you can buy the block KIT at the usually suspects.....advance, autozone, o'reilly, ect. the kit comes with u-bolts. I think I paid about $30 for my kit.
      Tom Hensley
      69 ss/rs clone
      98 ta ragtop

"attack life....it's going to kill you anyway."

i just purchased the 1.5 afco blocks and 10" u bolts.. i havent installed the leafs on my car yet.. i just got them used off a friend of mine.. so ill let u know how it turns out after i get them on

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Jaycoy, I have a question for you, are you running the rubber isolater pad on top of the spring between the leaf spring and mount on the axle?

I am going through this same thing now. I did the Hotchkis rear leafs with a 1.5 inch drop and think it can come down a bit more.
      I bought both a 1 inch spacer and a 1.5 inch spacer from Jegs made by Afco. Afco has longer 9.5 inch u bolts.
      I have yet to try them out, but believe it will give me the result I'm looking for.
      I'm also am kicking around the idea that if the 1.5 inch block works well, should I just get the 3 inch lowering springs? I'm not a hardcore auto crosser, so the blocks will probably do, and also if the springs sag over time I guess I could just remove the block and raise the car up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      do not run the isolaters if youre running lowering blocks, the isolators allow the rearend to wobble in all directions

Thanks Rod. That was my concern. It seemed like too much stuff sandwiched in there that had the possibilty to move around. I've heard that the removal of the isolater pads will transmit more noise and vibrations to the interior, but a lot of guys have chimed in and said thats not true.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com