Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

What do I need for a efi tank?

Want to get a tanks inc or similar efi tank for my 72 camaro. Besides the tank with pump. Do I need special lines or hoses from tank to my fitech efi?

I don't know all in what I will need

Thank you

LS3 1967 Camaro RS

I used 1/4 NPT to AN-6 adapter fittings at the pump. My fuel lines connect from there to a corvette ls1 style fuel filter/FPR with push on AN-6 fittings and from there to hardline on the car. I used Russell Twist-Lok hose and fittings.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Tanks inc also has line and regulator kit for efi

I'd rather not mess with my current tank. May save some coin but still have to modify it.

Rather swap the whole thing. I wasn't aware they had everything to do the swap completely..I should ju sf the call them

Thanks guys
      LS3 1967 Camaro RS

i know they are a bit pricey but i went with a Ricks/vaporworx tank, also have the fitech setup. Uses gen5 camaro fuel pump assembly, so no need for additional filter or a return line. I have one single line (techafx PTFE blackwrap hose) straight from tank to the fitech unit. I liked the fact that i have minimal connections (possible failure points), and have late model car reliability with my tank setup. Went with the II much fuel vent and called it done.

Precision. Did you get everything through Rick's?

If that's the case I'm sold on what you got. I want a one time type of deal

Thank you
      LS3 1967 Camaro RS

I'm in the market for a efi tank as well.

National Parts Depot sells a efi tank and in tank pumps.

Seems like a decent set up and being local is nice.

Or tanks inc.

My car is just a cruiser, 69 camaro 396, getting a 5 speed conversion as soon as it arrives from SST

Quote Originally Posted by 408maro View Post
      Precision. Did you get everything through Rick's?

If that's the case I'm sold on what you got. I want a one time type of deal

Thank you
      408maro,
      No, i purchased the tank from Matts Classic Bowties, even though he is in CA, he was able to get me a great price which countered our "tax" issue (cheaper than jegs or summit), he's close enough where you can go pick it up in person too and save on shipping...when time permits you can see the car and how i ran everything (pretty basic though), as i too am in San Jose....GO SHARKS!!!

Sharks got to make a comeback!!!! Man that be nice. I'll pm you my number. That be sweet
      LS3 1967 Camaro RS

I have the tanks kit and the fit and pump work great the fuel level sensor takes a long time to respond. Overall I am very happy with it.
      I use the vette regulator and filter with ptfe -6 lines.

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

Tim. Did you just need the to run a line from pump to filter to the holley efi?
      LS3 1967 Camaro RS

408maro, I also bought a vaporworx tank. Great piece and minimal connections. I usually buy stuff through MCB or other vendors. I was living in California at the time and it was cheaper directly through Rick's and he had free shipping compared to Matts. Either way you won't go wrong.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

I am going to get the tanks inc tank and also pick up the ls line kit they offer to go from the tank to efi. Pretty sure that should be good..

Thanks for all the input
      LS3 1967 Camaro RS

Subed for great into for a EFI swap in the future!!

Spectre EFI gas tanks are also an "efi" tank that has been used by many across different forums. It's basically a stock replacement tank with a built in fuel bucket and electric pump. There has been mixed reviews over the years but these gas tanks use Walbro pumps like most others. A Walbro 450 can easily be swapped in if you want a high flowing pump. Just make sure to check that the fuel pump sock is properly attached if anyone decides to purchase one. It's a common issue that the filter sock isn't attached correctly.

https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premi...rolet%3Acamaro

I went with a tanks inc tank. Great quality and pretty straight forward install. It be nice to have sender and pump pre installed but great looking product

LS3 1967 Camaro RS

Another option if you are looking for more modularity, and a bunch more quality over the TANKSINC pump setup.

1/4" NPT Ports both top and bottom. With an Aeromotive pump, the jakefab "Fuelpuck" install kit, and a TANKSINC Tank, you end up with a nice high quality setup for a great value. These bolt right into the TANKSINC tanks.

Ryan

RIck's RestoMod tank

I decided on a Rick's RestoMod tank that is already set-up for a 5th gen Camaro fuel pump module and a separate level sender. I'm not making crazy HP (400HP/400TQ) so Carl at vaporworx said I can run a return-less fuel system using an LS3 Camaro module with a 4th gen pressure bypass valve. This is a mechanical system (not pwm) and I bought all conversion parts and electrical connector from Carl. The Rick's tank comes with the fuel pump mounting ring, tank straps (no hardware), and a filler neck. One thing I'm not too keep about is the tank has no internal baffles. Maybe this won't be a problem with the LS3 fuel bucket but I'm a little concerned about fuel slosh, and fuel leaking out the filler neck under hard acceleration. Here's some pics:

Name:  Resto_tank.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  143.8 KB

Name:  LS3_Fuelpump.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  101.7 KB
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

How has it been running with that style filter/reg ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com