Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Holley EFI Users, Step Inside Please

Let me start by saying thanks to the ones who are running Holley EFI, and representing the brand. We would not be in the position we are without you. With boost, and traction control about to hit the open market, we are ready to push ahead with product development. I want input from the people running Holley EFI. What would you like to see from the brand? Any input/information you would like to share, please do. New kits, harness's, accessories, etc. Post up what you the owners want/need from the Holley EFI brand. If you're a hater, and feel the need to talk crap, please start your own thread. Thanks - Derek

I just finished the install of the Holley HP EFI kit (550-603) on my LS swap. I am very impressed with everything. I am still amazed at the adjustability of the system. I am looking forward to getting it dialed in a littlle better with the closed loop learn function. I would like to see the Holley EFI ecm work with a few aftermarker gauge sensors.

The only thing I would recommend is to add a few more warm bodies to answer the EFI tech line. I received my main harness with the wrong crank sensor connector and couldn't ever get anyone on the phone. I did eventially end up talking with Woody and he sent the right connector out that day. I think if you had a few people answering questions, i'll bet it would help you sell more EFI systems.
      Marc Battiste

1969 Camaro
      LY6/T56/12 Bolt

3rd gen hemi support would be nice

I'm actually about to buy your HP EFI system and have spent a LOT of time researching every possible thread/discussion I could find about your system on the net. I have read a lot of positive feedback on your ECU and only a few reported issues, so I look forward to using it on my new ZL 489. I can think of 2 things worth contributing to this thread. One, your BBC oval port manifold that ships with your complete setup needs an excessive amount of port work to obtain decent flow numbers and port matching. Quite a while ago this issue was brought up and a Holley rep mentioned on a thread that they were retooling to create a better manifold but I never saw anything about a new manifold being released. As a result, I'm just going to buy your ECU package and go with a different manifold(Edelbrock Victor JR EFI) and fuel rails(and injectors). That will also cause me to use Edelbrock's throttle body since I saw another person post that the HP throttle body had a clearance issue on the Eddy manifold. So enhancing that manifold design might lead to some extra sales on your complete packages. Making it slightly shorter and offerring short-style injectors might also give more of us better fitment opportunities with your complete packages also. Secondly, I noticed on another forum a discussion about a lean stumble when lightly rolling. Doug Flynn on ChevyTalk responded to a user who reported the issue on 2-16-2012 with the following:

"Yep, I have the exact same issue. Evidently, there's a firmware setting that filters out the AE vs TPS Rate of Change on very slow throttle movements for unnecessarily rich transient fueling. However, it's set too high. The next firmware update is supposed to have a user programmable parameter to resolve this issue. The situation isn't too bad on my application because I've enriched the Target Air/Fuel Ratio Table, so most of the "lean flash" (that's what I call it) is compensated for. But I hate seeing that quick lean flash when I slowly roll into the throttle too. It's frustrating because no amount of AE tuning will cure it."

I never saw a follow-up post or announcement from Holley stating this had been resolved. Maybe it has and I just couldn't find it. If not, it might be good to get that fixed asap.

That's all I've got. Seems to be a great product!
      Chris Robinson
      1969 Camaro SS/RS G-machine/resto-mod
      Project site: http://www.69camaroproject.com/

Thank you guys for the feedback. I was hoping more users on here have/had experience with our EFI. Yellow Bullet was full of ideas/suggestions. CHR2002 from what I've been told the AE issue has been addressed.

I am not yet a Holley EFI customer, but may be in the future. I was unclear whether you actually work for Holley from your post, and your comment of If you're a hater, and feel the need to talk crap, please start your own thread. isn't the most professional way to represent the brand. Simply my impression.

I do have a few questions:

Is there anyway to prevent slow starting during cold starts as mentioned here? http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...i/viewall.html

I've heard the Avenger series the the same as the HP, except it comes with the handheld controller and fuel pump. Can I plug in my laptop to an Avenger system and have it do everything the HP series would? If I don't mind (I actually prefer) using my laptop, will I save money purchasing the HP system and separate fuel pump?

I understand it can control timing. Can you explain this more? Does it simply do an electronic version of weights/springs and vac canister, or does it actually use timing as a tuning tool while running? Do I set what I want as max advance?

I already have a full -8 supply and return fuel system. Can the correct fittings be used so I can keep those fuel lines, or must I use 3/8" and 5/16" lines per the instructions? I'm using Aeroquip Socketless lines/fittings. The lines are good to 250psi but I'm not sure what the fittings can handle, considering they don't use clamps.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Planit Oahu, Hawaii if you don't belive me check shipping prices
      I am planing on using a Holley EFI system, my questions on which one I will need to use, I can't find the info I need to make the decision on your web sight. I'm new to putting to gather and tuning a full "custom" system. I will be running a 383, LT1 with EFI Connections crank and cam trigger. with a Eaton style 112 supercharger, water to air inter-coolers, and methanol injection, drive by wire, cruse, and A/C. I would like to stay with the HP, over the Dominator for cost reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      I am not yet a Holley EFI customer, but may be in the future. I was unclear whether you actually work for Holley from your post, and your comment of If you're a hater, and feel the need to talk crap, please start your own thread. isn't the most professional way to represent the brand. Simply my impression.

I do have a few questions:

Is there anyway to prevent slow starting during cold starts as mentioned here? http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...i/viewall.html

I've heard the Avenger series the the same as the HP, except it comes with the handheld controller and fuel pump. Can I plug in my laptop to an Avenger system and have it do everything the HP series would? If I don't mind (I actually prefer) using my laptop, will I save money purchasing the HP system and separate fuel pump?

I understand it can control timing. Can you explain this more? Does it simply do an electronic version of weights/springs and vac canister, or does it actually use timing as a tuning tool while running? Do I set what I want as max advance?

I already have a full -8 supply and return fuel system. Can the correct fittings be used so I can keep those fuel lines, or must I use 3/8" and 5/16" lines per the instructions? I'm using Aeroquip Socketless lines/fittings. The lines are good to 250psi but I'm not sure what the fittings can handle, considering they don't use clamps.
      I'll address your questions/concerns as I AM a Holley employee, and one of the lead EFI Technical Reps. I will agree that my bold statement may not be the most professional, however I wanted to make it very clear that this thread is not for people to bash. The purpose of this thread has a much needed purpose....We want feedback from people that use the system, and will potentially use the system in the future...

Slow start ups have been addressed, and software/firmware revisions have been made in the V2 software to improve/resolve this issue. We will be releasing this update sometime this week.

The Avenger ECU, and HP ecu are 100% the same except for the decal on the front of the ECU. If you need the fuel pump, I would suggest buying the Avenger kit (more complete than an HP Kit). It can be tuned via laptop simply by downloading the software (free @ Holley.com), and connecting to the ecu via USB cable.

The ecu has the capability to do timing control. This can be achieved by utilizing a small cap HEI distributor, crank trigger, dual sync distributor, TFI distributor etc. Using this feature, you will have full control over programming the timing table inside the software. Using a distributor that has a "vacuum advance" will not be computer controlled.

Are you considering the use of a Throttle body injection kit, or a multi-port injection? Since you have a nice fuel system, please disregard my suggestion above regarding the HP vs Avenger kit. You would save money buying the HP. As far as fittings to adapt the system, to your fuel system. I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue doing so. Multi-Port kits generally operate between 43-60 psi or rail pressure, and TBI kits operate @ 21psi, so your fuel system should be adequate.

Thanks for taking the time to post up. - Derek
      No longer working at Holley

Quote Originally Posted by FlyDoc View Post
      I am planing on using a Holley EFI system, my questions on which one I will need to use, I can't find the info I need to make the decision on your web sight. I'm new to putting to gather and tuning a full "custom" system. I will be running a 383, LT1 with EFI Connections crank and cam trigger. with a Eaton style 112 supercharger, water to air inter-coolers, and methanol injection, drive by wire, cruse, and A/C. I would like to stay with the HP, over the Dominator for cost reasons.
      It will not be possible to use the HP in your application. HP ecu's cannot control dbw throttle bodies. For the amount of inputs/outputs you will be using, I would encourage the use of the dominator ecu. You will want to build your own kit. Dominator systems are sold A la carte. If you need assistance with choosing the harness's, please send me a pm, or call in to the Tech line. 270-781-9741 Thank you, Derek

Thanks for the reply Derek.

I would be using the throttle body unit. I have too much money into my dual plane intake to invest into a single plane and then convert it to EFI. Glad to hear my current fuel system will work, with the exception of the Mallory 140 pump.

I would definitely let the Holley ECU control timing. Not sure if I'd go with crank trigger or small cap HEI. My options may be limited for an Oldsmobile engine.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

If you are running a CD ignition box, you could run the distributor listed below. At some point down the road, and decided to go Multi-Port, the dual sync distributor would allow you to run Sequential fuel control.

http://www.compperformancegroupstore..._Code=DistOlds

Derek,

Any idea on the price point of the Terminator 4bbl system? I have a FAST unit that i have yet to install, but I was checking out the tuning ability available in this unit.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      Derek,

Any idea on the price point of the Terminator 4bbl system? I have a FAST unit that i have yet to install, but I was checking out the tuning ability available in this unit.
      The pricing has not been determined for the Terminator Kits. They should be available for purchase around April 2013. If you are still in the market, hit me up around Feb. 2012 for pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@Holley View Post
      The pricing has not been determined for the Terminator Kits. They should be available for purchase around April 2013. If you are still in the market, hit me up around Feb. 2012 for pricing.
      Thanks, for the reply.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Is it or will it be Ipad compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
      Great question, or iPhone control???

With new software, can we just load our old file into new software ?will we still have slow start from old file?

I would have bought a Dominator system already if there was one made for 4.6 DOHCs. I've read alot of good things about the system from alot of sources and am impressed, but until there is something made for my engine, it's just going to kepe sitting there. Honestly that's the only reason that I haven't bought one; I think the performance and cost are spot on, I just need it to fit my engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
      It has been talked about, however it is NOT compatible at this time. I'll know more about this at the beginning of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmf5150 View Post
      With new software, can we just load our old file into new software ?will we still have slow start from old file?
      Your current tune can be loaded into the new software.. no need to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      I would have bought a Dominator system already if there was one made for 4.6 DOHCs. I've read alot of good things about the system from alot of sources and am impressed, but until there is something made for my engine, it's just going to kepe sitting there. Honestly that's the only reason that I haven't bought one; I think the performance and cost are spot on, I just need it to fit my engine!
      We have ran a coyote motor on the dyno. We know there is a demand for Mod Motor Harness's, and MPFI kits. Now that the software has been released, boost control has been released, engineers, and management can focus on building mod motor kits, and HEMI kits.
      Last edited by Derekk; 11-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com