Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by James OLC View Post
      Derek - probably a dumb question but is there a "preferable" IAC and/or TPS for use the the Dominator? We'll be using a Holley 112-576 90 mm Throttle Body and I figured it would be best to ask before assuming and buying the first ones that I find.
      Thanks
      James
      Factory LS2 TPS, and IAC should be used.

No longer working at Holley

Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks Derek - we'll start on the install of the Dominator EFI this weekend and will post some updates as we go - looking forward to it!
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

Please do keep posting as I too will be getting the newer Holley version for my Stealth Ram. Derek was great walking me through what I will need to do to upgrade from the C950 my car has to an easier, better system. I'm hoping to be at that point later this year and the help has been much appreciated Derek and I will be getting my new electronics from Holley.

Attachment 78889
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

Thanks guys. I'm here if you have questions. Keep posting pics. It helps my day move along

Here's one. I'm debugging a problem with dropping fuel pressure, but I like how I can group the data any way I want from the Datalogger! I'm finding this pretty helpful.

Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Derek,

I posted the picture above to show how I'm using the Datalogging, but I'm wondering if you, or anyone else, can educate me on something...

When I look at this data, I notice that my Injector Pulse Width is jumping up to about 16mS when I go full throttle, and it stays there throughout the run. I don't see any settings in the software which control the max Injector Pulse time, so I'm wondering where that comes from? Is there a fixed duty cycle programmed into the system?

Doing some math, at 6500 rpm, I calculate that each 2 crank revolutions (giving 1 injection and compression cycle) would take about 18.5mS. I hear 80% duty cycle as a commonly referenced value, so 80% of 18.5 would be about 14.8mS. 90% jumps to 16.6mS, which is higher than I ever see.

So can you explain how the Injector Pulse width is calculated, and how the max limit is set?

Also, is there something in the system which tries to prevent the injectors from going static-open?

Similarly, can you explain why it jumps up to the full value even at low RPM and stays there throughout a run? Is that a function of the Target AFR values?

Thanx!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

could you email me your datalog, and global folder? I need to have all your information present to accurately diagnose what's happening.
      [email protected]

Email sent. Thanx Derek!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

More basic questions Derek...

1. The LS7 uses a different sized oil pressure sensor (larger diameter and different connector) than the other LS engines... The recommended Holley 554-102 uses an 1/8" npt fitting - do you suggest tracking down a reducer? Or is there an alternative sensor? Or should we change the harness end? What do you recommend to minimize potential issues?

2. What style knock sensors are recommended? I don't recognize the harness style from any LS application.

Thanks and again - sorry for the simple questions - just trying to make we get this right.

Thanks

James
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

Quote Originally Posted by James OLC View Post
      More basic questions Derek...

1. The LS7 uses a different sized oil pressure sensor (larger diameter and different connector) than the other LS engines... The recommended Holley 554-102 uses an 1/8" npt fitting - do you suggest tracking down a reducer? Or is there an alternative sensor? Or should we change the harness end? What do you recommend to minimize potential issues?
      2. What style knock sensors are recommended? I don't recognize the harness style from any LS application.
      Thanks and again - sorry for the simple questions - just trying to make we get this right.

Thanks

James
      If possible, I suggest using the 554-102 transducer. That way one doesn't have to do a custom scaling in the software. If that can't be accomplished, I would change the connector on the harness, providing proper wiring techniques are used.
      Knock sensors are up to the end user. The software essentially allows the use of almost anything. Sensitivity, and frequency must be programmed by the tuner.

Im looking into getting the 5.7" screen p/n 553-103, but really would like a bigger screen. Is holley going to come out with a diffrent size anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by GBNL View Post
      Im looking into getting the 5.7" screen p/n 553-103, but really would like a bigger screen. Is holley going to come out with a diffrent size anytime soon?
      They are redesigning the touchscreen/dash. Will it be released soon. I doubt it. Last I heard it was pushed towards the end of the year.

pc lost my CD where may I download the new version to playwith on pc?
      never installed mine yet fyi
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      pc lost my CD where may I download the new version to playwith on pc?
      never installed mine yet fyi

http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp

Click fuel injection button on right and downloads are all listed.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Country Flag: Norway
      I have Holley HP on my daily driver truck and I am very happy with it. It is a 350csb with TPI. Having some small issues to dail in my coldstart (not able to keep it running without some throttle first 30secs) Current working on a 69 Camaro that I am planning a LS machine in. I think I will go for a Dominator ECU on this one.I really like how userfriendly Holley EFI is.

Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp

Click fuel injection button on right and downloads are all listed.
      I downloaded the new software and it's very easy to use. I would like to try out the inputs/outputs a little bit before I buy the harness kit to convert from my Accel. The software download seems to be missing this stuff. Is this something I can get to see how it works before I buy?

Country Flag: Norway
      Quote Originally Posted by woody80z28 View Post
      I downloaded the new software and it's very easy to use. I would like to try out the inputs/outputs a little bit before I buy the harness kit to convert from my Accel. The software download seems to be missing this stuff. Is this something I can get to see how it works before I buy?

Try the pin-map button on the top of the main screen. Should be there :-)

Quote Originally Posted by woody80z28 View Post
      If you are wanting to play with inputs and outputs, please add the input/output icf. If you don't know how, go to help, contents, then search for inputs individual configuration library. There are a few basic I/o listed under system parameter for iac kick, 2nd fuel pump, electric fans, etc. since you asked specifically about the I/o, I would add the icf. That way you can play with setting up a sensor or device on any voltage scale, thermistor, etc

got a question regarding gauges..i'm using the HP EFI and would like to use aftermarket gauges (specifically i don't use holley gauges) what do i need to be aware of or is this an option at all?

Are you wanting to use mechanical or electrical? If electrical, it's not suggested to splice into the sensors however it can be done for the 0-5v units. Thermistor style should not be spliced at all. Doing any of this is against holleys suggestion. If you do something wrong, good luck with the warranty process should an ecu failure occur

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com