Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Let me start by saying this is the best investment in my g-machine. it is truly easy to install and get running.
      I am getting lots of questions at the local car shows and encourge everyone to try it. also hats off to Summit Racing ofr there knolage and support during this excurtion into efi.
      i would like now to find a source for fine tuning this system.

Quote Originally Posted by mike92rs View Post
      Let me start by saying this is the best investment in my g-machine. it is truly easy to install and get running.
      I am getting lots of questions at the local car shows and encourge everyone to try it. also hats off to Summit Racing ofr there knolage and support during this excurtion into efi.
      i would like now to find a source for fine tuning this system.
      I'm surprised Summit was able to help. You must have asked basic questions. Buying through an EFI dealer would have netted better results for tips/tricks/fine tuning the system. I see you are in TX. It looks like KP Racing in the Houston area would be an authorized Holley dealer/tuner. Joe Honeycutt is one of the tuners there. Welcome to the Holley EFI community.

Self learning, is it better to get it tuned somewhere?

Don't get hung up on the self learning. It will adjust the fuel map according to wideband O2 info and the target a/f ratio. But it can't adjust timing, cold start, hot start, tip in stumbles etc. if it runs perfect and drives great, leave it alone. If there are quirks you can't figure out, take it for a tune.

i would like to see an add on to record oil temps... and a new touch screen that dims the light. set it on blue "f1 style tach" flip it on at night, and get blinded hahah. other than that i love it!
      JohnnyCichowski.com <- ls1 miata build, race results, product reviews, yada yada yada...

You can add in oil temp just pick up coolant temp sensor wire it to a input and set up the dash to display it.

My mustang was set up this way.

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

oh cool! thanks man. so now the only thing i want to a dimmer switch on the screen lol.
      JohnnyCichowski.com <- ls1 miata build, race results, product reviews, yada yada yada...

I have an 95 5.0 that I will be swapping into a earlier mustang. What part number Harness and ECU should I use. I'm not using any power adders at this time. But I may add a turbo at a later date.

thanks

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
      I have an 95 5.0 that I will be swapping into a earlier mustang. What part number Harness and ECU should I use. I'm not using any power adders at this time. But I may add a turbo at a later date.

thanks

Charles
      Alpina, if you would pm me your name, zipcode, and email address, I'll send you an estimate on what parts you need to make your vehicle run. Thanks - Derek

Country Flag: Canada

Holley EFI Users, Step Inside Please

Hi Derek.
      I have an LS2 in my 69 with a T56.
      I have the 58 tooth wheel and LS3 heads and front cover. I have the newer style DBW throttle body and stock LS3 injectors.

I currently have a stock GM computer and a brand new harness I was going to modify.
      By the time I have the computer flashed and buy credits for tuning it'll be about $450 plus lots of time modifying the harness.
      Can I buy the LS3 setup and run it without buying new injectors or throttle body?
      Does your system run a MAF sensor?

Thanks.

Keith Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by keithq69 View Post
      Hi Derek.
      I have an LS2 in my 69 with a T56.
      I have the 58 tooth wheel and LS3 heads and front cover. I have the newer style DBW throttle body and stock LS3 injectors.

I currently have a stock GM computer and a brand new harness I was going to modify.
      By the time I have the computer flashed and buy credits for tuning it'll be about $450 plus lots of time modifying the harness.
      Can I buy the LS3 setup and run it without buying new injectors or throttle body?
      Does your system run a MAF sensor?

Thanks.

Keith Quinn.
      Hello Keith. First thanks for chiming in. We have components that will control your LS3. You do not have to purchase new injectors or throttle body. The Holley Dominator will control your factory dbw. I will need to verify the gm part number on the throttle body for 100% compatibility. Shouldn't be an issue though. As for MAF, the Holley Efi does not use mass air flow to make changes. You can tune in VE, speed density, alpha-n, or a combo mode (alpha n and speed density). Send me a pm with your combination, auxiliary devices (fans, pumps, sensors, etc) zip code, and email address. I'll send you the list of parts with pricing. If you have a 4l60/80e transmission be sure to include that as well.
      Thanks- Derek

Guy's came in a little late on this but was wondering u can control your trans 4l60/70/80 etc right? THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fillpot View Post
      Guy's came in a little late on this but was wondering u can control your trans 4l60/70/80 etc right? THANKS!
      You can control it with the dominator ecu.

Hi Derek-

Great thread here, I've been researching EFI the last few months, but having hard time deciding which version, HP or Dominator. I have a '70 Chevelle with a BB 489 and TH400 as of now. Future plans include a 4L60/80 (not sure which one) and potentially a Pro Charger. Car is mainly street driven and would not see track duty more than 2-3 times per year. Am I better off running the Terminator or will I be just as good running HP and a stand alone for the transmission?

I also have dual Spal fans that are being run with T-stat control but it's somewhat clunky..Can the Dominator run the fans in lower speed (30% driven vs 100% driven) based off maintaining current temp or full power when extra cooling needed? Individual control of each fan?

Secondly I have a Air Gap intake port matched to AFR 290 heads I'm running---My initial idea is to modify my current intake to run the injectors. Unless you see significant improvement switching to the Super Victor EFI intake? If so do you know how those ports match up to the AFR's?

And lastly, can you provide part #'s needed/pricing? Thanks-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Blownchevelle68 View Post
      Hi Derek-

Great thread here, I've been researching EFI the last few months, but having hard time deciding which version, HP or Dominator. I have a '70 Chevelle with a BB 489 and TH400 as of now. Future plans include a 4L60/80 (not sure which one) and potentially a Pro Charger. Car is mainly street driven and would not see track duty more than 2-3 times per year. Am I better off running the Terminator or will I be just as good running HP and a stand alone for the transmission?

I also have dual Spal fans that are being run with T-stat control but it's somewhat clunky..Can the Dominator run the fans in lower speed (30% driven vs 100% driven) based off maintaining current temp or full power when extra cooling needed? Individual control of each fan?

Secondly I have a Air Gap intake port matched to AFR 290 heads I'm running---My initial idea is to modify my current intake to run the injectors. Unless you see significant improvement switching to the Super Victor EFI intake? If so do you know how those ports match up to the AFR's?

And lastly, can you provide part #'s needed/pricing? Thanks-Jason
      Jason, thanks for posting up. Your 3rd sentence leads me straight to a Dominator ECU. I would not put an HP in this car if you are planning to run a 4L80E transmission. It's always cleaner, and easier to tune if devices are controlled by one box. Terminator is good up to 600HP in N/A form. With a procharged BBC, you would make 600+ with low boost. The injectors will not support the power you will make. So I'd start with a Dominator ECU. Since you have already worked your manifold to match the heads, you can modify it to run multi port injectors. At that point, run a 4150 or 4500 style 4 hole throttle body. The Holley EFI software has two canned fan outputs. When activated, you can turn fans on/off independently based on coolant temp. For pricing, please send me a pm with your full name, zip code, and email address. Also please include all sensors, devices, pumps, etc that you want the ecu to get data from, or control. Thanks - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@ModernSpeed View Post
      Jason, thanks for posting up. Your 3rd sentence leads me straight to a Dominator ECU. I would not put an HP in this car if you are planning to run a 4L80E transmission. It's always cleaner, and easier to tune if devices are controlled by one box. Terminator is good up to 600HP in N/A form. With a procharged BBC, you would make 600+ with low boost. The injectors will not support the power you will make. So I'd start with a Dominator ECU. Since you have already worked your manifold to match the heads, you can modify it to run multi port injectors. At that point, run a 4150 or 4500 style 4 hole throttle body. The Holley EFI software has two canned fan outputs. When activated, you can turn fans on/off independently based on coolant temp. For pricing, please send me a pm with your full name, zip code, and email address. Also please include all sensors, devices, pumps, etc that you want the ecu to get data from, or control. Thanks - Derek
      Hey Derek, thanks again on thelping me with harness upgrades and boost modules

Do fuel pumps take up inputs, I'd guess no? i plan to run dual ZL1 fuel modules via vaporworx tank
      'how many I/os does the meth kit use? dont need, just interested
      again twin turbos here
      Got DD VHX cluster comming so when I do feel the need to upgrade to dual E-fans I'll use the gauge to control the fans, so I dont use any from ECU
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

also does the Holley EFI have an AFR Fail safe?
      otherwise I Guess this would be an awesome gauge addition
      http://www.uspmotorsports.com/AEM-Fa...FSdp7AodPVQAHQ
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      Hey Derek, thanks again on thelping me with harness upgrades and boost modules

Do fuel pumps take up inputs, I'd guess no? i plan to run dual ZL1 fuel modules via vaporworx tank
      'how many I/os does the meth kit use? dont need, just interested
      again twin turbos here
      Got DD VHX cluster comming so when I do feel the need to upgrade to dual E-fans I'll use the gauge to control the fans, so I dont use any from ECU
      If I'm correct, the ZL1 pump module should be pwm controlled. Currently there is not a manual to do this with the Holley ECU. Holley does have a PWM+ or PWM- output. Talking with Engineers last week it seems we can control these modules based on fuel pressure. However to date, noone has done this that I'm aware of. To answer your question regarding inputs - Controlling a fuel pump would be an output. If you have multiple pumps, that would be multiple outputs. I'm not familiar with the wiring/module design. Do the pumps run at the same speed, same time, or are they independent of one another? Holley Meth injection will use one input(low fluid level), one injector driver output per nozzle, and one custom output for the meth pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      also does the Holley EFI have an AFR Fail safe?
      otherwise I Guess this would be an awesome gauge addition
      http://www.uspmotorsports.com/AEM-Fa...FSdp7AodPVQAHQ

You can setup failsafes in the tunes. That's what the warning outputs can be used for.

I am putting together a dual quad setup with two used Holley TBI's and using the HP EFI ECU. I want to customize my harness and tuck away as much of the wiring as possible. I also have most of the connectors and harness from the previous owner's Commander 950 system. The TBIs have progressive secondary throttle opening, so the back two injectors will be configured to not fire at idle and light cruise. Do you have information on the connection of the 8 injectors? Specifically: Are injectors outputs A & B for the main TBI front injectors and E & F for the slave TBI front injectors?

Thanks, Gary
      '69 Camaro - 427 SBC 526hp, 593 ft-lbs, Tremec TKO, Ridetech Coilover Suspension w/TruTurn, Billet-Specialties Draft 18x9, 18x12, BFG KDW 275/335

Please open your Holley EFI tuning software. You'll find the help tab at the top of the screen. Click help->contents->wiring manual/diagrams. Scroll down until you see the TBI harness. I think you'll find your answer there. If not, let me know, and I'll get you a diagram. Thanks - Derek

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com