Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I have the same issue. I just programmed my fan 1 to come on at 195 and fan 2 to come on at 210. Chances are that when you turn the a/c on the engine temperature will be warm anyway. I just put 2900 miles on my terminator system and ran the air everyday all day with no issues.

I'm sure that would probably work, but it seems like I should be able to do this exactly the way I want. If I cannot do it in the ECU, I will wire the AC request signal into the FAN relays, but I'd really rather the ECU control it!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Derek,
      I do not plan on pushing past 550 hp. The injectors are listed as being 80Lb injectors, are they replaceable to accomodate a more adequate fuel system? If they are will the software be able to work effectively with the new injectors? I forgot to mention that this will be for a pontiac engine. I looked into the holley MPFI systems but I was never given clear information as to wether or not the MPFI system would work with the pontiac engine. I had looked into the 550-501 retrofit kit but like I said, I never got a solid response if it would work well with a blown through application.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      Derek,

I thought I understood how to make this work, but apparently I was wrong. I could use some help!

I'm trying to generate my own fan control signals. I'm doing this because I want to force the fans on when the AC is on. I use 1 input for the AC Kick function, and I'm using that signal, combined with some others, to generate an AC Compressor Enable output. That works great.

What I cannot do is combine the AC Kick input with the CTS levels to generate a fan enable. In the Configuration screen for the Outputs, I want to select the AC Kick as a switched input trigger, then use the CTS as a Sensor Input Trigger. As best I can tell, it seems to require BOTH of those to be active to generate an active output. What I want is EITHER of them to be active to generate the active output.

Is there a different way to do this which I'm missing? I cannot use the built in Basic I/O Fan controls, as those would be Linked Outputs, which also require all conditions to be met for the fans to be running. When I start my car, and it's hot outside, I want the fans running immediately to pull air across the condensor, even if the CTS isn't at the fan enable temps.

Suggestions? Preferrably one that doesn't require wiring changes? :-)

Thanx!
      Are you wanting the fans to come on anytime the A/C is enabled, regardless of the CTS settings? Are you also wanting the fans to come on at a preset temp when the A/C is not activated?
      No longer working at Holley

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@Holley View Post
      Are you wanting the fans to come on anytime the A/C is enabled, regardless of the CTS settings?
      Yes

Are you also wanting the fans to come on at a preset temp when the A/C is not activated?
      Yes

Those are exactly the 2 scenarios which I am trying to achieve...
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

I hope this helps. - Derek
      Last edited by Derekk; 06-12-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Derek,

Actually, I don't think that helps... I don't think the wiring of those 2 relays is correct. The diagram which I show below I think would solve my problem (it's logically different than yours), but my point was that I hoped to do this using the ECU, since I've already wrapped up my wiring.

Is there no way for me to tell the ECU to generate an output which is logically just an OR of either the (CTS > my selected temperature) OR the AC Kick Input? It seems that it's requiring both to be active instead of either for my output to work...

Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

No way for the ecu to handle the chore in the fashion you request.

Country Flag: Canada
      I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank Derek and Holley for taking the time to monitor this thread and provided timely tech assistance and advice directly on the forum. There aren't a lot of manufacturers who take the time to be as responsive as Derek has been - it's great to see.

I'll be switching the OneLapCamaro over to Holley's Dominator EFI as soon as we get the new engine in place and look forward to bothering Derek on a regular basis as we get things set up!
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

Quote Originally Posted by James OLC View Post
      I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank Derek and Holley for taking the time to monitor this thread and provided timely tech assistance and advice directly on the forum. There aren't a lot of manufacturers who take the time to be as responsive as Derek has been - it's great to see.

I'll be switching the OneLapCamaro over to Holley's Dominator EFI as soon as we get the new engine in place and look forward to bothering Derek on a regular basis as we get things set up!
      Thanks for the compliments, and we are striving to be a leader in EFI on many levels. Customer/Technical service is one of the largest priorities. Feel free to bother me anytime

Derek is an awesome guy for sure and passionate about what he does,something rare in this industry these days.Next time im back up your way Derek we need to meet back up again and put down some beer at the bar,hopefully it wont be snowing like the last time when me and Bob was there

Quote Originally Posted by wadem View Post
      Derek is an awesome guy for sure and passionate about what he does,something rare in this industry these days.Next time im back up your way Derek we need to meet back up again and put down some beer at the bar,hopefully it wont be snowing like the last time when me and Bob was there
      For sure we need to throw down a little beer. Not sure what Bob has said about me, but I try to do everything to the best of my ability. A customers car is treated as my own. If you want 1/2 As&ed work, I don't have time to work for you, or assist. That simple. The efi components are delicate, and require professional installations. You guys been racing any? I've been seeing pics of the shop stuffed full of cars lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      Derek,

Actually, I don't think that helps... I don't think the wiring of those 2 relays is correct. The diagram which I show below I think would solve my problem (it's logically different than yours), but my point was that I hoped to do this using the ECU, since I've already wrapped up my wiring.

Is there no way for me to tell the ECU to generate an output which is logically just an OR of either the (CTS > my selected temperature) OR the AC Kick Input? It seems that it's requiring both to be active instead of either for my output to work...

Both diagrams achieve the same thing. I personally prefer Derek's because you are using the NO and NC contacts of relay #2. If one relay fails, you'd still have fan from a/c or temp. If you lose a relay in yours, neither input works. Just my .02.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

For sure we need to throw down a little beer. Not sure what Bob has said about me, but I try to do everything to the best of my ability. A customers car is treated as my own. If you want 1/2 As&ed work, I don't have time to work for you, or assist. That simple. The efi components are delicate, and require professional installations. You guys been racing any? I've been seeing pics of the shop stuffed full of cars lol.
      Bob honestly says nothing but good about you,i know if you ever move to Ga you dont have to look for employment,lol.And yes the shop is very busy right now both with tuning and installs.keep up the good work man and keep me posted on this EFI system as i am kinda interested in getting one for my car.

As far as racing goes we have been down making some updates to bobs car but are planning on running bowling green nmca i think,and im going to try to come up for ls fest and possibly drag week to watch in september

Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      Both diagrams achieve the same thing. I personally prefer Derek's because you are using the NO and NC contacts of relay #2. If one relay fails, you'd still have fan from a/c or temp. If you lose a relay in yours, neither input works. Just my .02.
      I went back through it again, and I now see how Derek's works, and I agree with you. I missed something the first time, and couldn't come up with why it would work. I think I was looking at the second relay (controlled by the ECU) backwards.

I rewired mine last night, and I finally have it all working now. Phew!

Now for some tuning! I'm sure I'll have more questions in that area soon... And I'll agree with the others' sentiments. It's always appreciated with companies get out and offer support in an environment like this!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

So this is my set up the Stealth EFI, This 383 is built around 500 HP 500+ tq. It will be able to keep up as advertised?
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Wade, If I ever get full custody of my step son, we will probably be moving south. Just can't do it at this time. When you are ready for the Terminator EFI, call me. I'll see what we can do.

Kevin, you should be fine with the system. Let me know if you have any issues.

Country Flag: Canada
      Derek - probably a dumb question but is there a "preferable" IAC and/or TPS for use the the Dominator? We'll be using a Holley 112-576 90 mm Throttle Body and I figured it would be best to ask before assuming and buying the first ones that I find.
      Thanks
      James
      James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

I discovered today the Datalog functionality of the Holley HP EFI. I hate to admit my ignorance, but until today, I have been using the 'Strip Chart' to watch the live logging, but I couldn't figure out how to save anything. So I finally decided that I should RTFM, and sure enough, I wasn't doing real logging. D'oh!

I came home after driving for about 30 minutes, and I've been analyzing my logged data. I have a lot of things to learn, but the basic tune seems to be mostly good now. My learn values are low, and the car is driving well! I'm still tweaking AFR's and the Spark table, as I have a 'heavy load at low RPM' knock to fix. I'm also getting some knock retard that I don't believe is 'real', so I need to tune that some also.

I really like the ability to setup my own datalog configurations to display the data. I'm finding that very helpful. I discovered tonight (and posted in another thread) that I was losing fuel pressure simply because I was logging and noticed an anomaly in my ignition timing. It's great that all of my inputs were captured and I could look through them to find the actual problem!

Thanx for a great product!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

Awesome product

X2 on such a great product. This is my first time experience with an aftermarket fuel injection and programming one. I completely rewired my whole car, put a fuel system in it, bent all the stainless lines, installed the HP and wrote a base tune, upgraded the firmware, dumped the tune and the motor fired the first time! Simply amazing. So many people are scared of the "complexity" of fuel injection, well that simple is not true anymore with a product like Holley's.
      I really want to get tuning mine but have a few things to deal with first, so I may jump in here too with a few questions soon. But so far, so good. Next up, I want to play with the pwm output for the fuel pump and fan, right now I'm using the standard +12v out for the fuel pump (green loose wire) and the fan is on all the time to make sure it doesn't over heat sitting still. This is fun stuff.
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com