Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
      You only need to unseat the white lock on the connector. Small white bar...push with a paperclip or small flat screwdriver. Remove pin by giving a mild tug...insert in new location and relock.

Dennis
      Moore Racecraft

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      Derek,

I looked at this over the weekend. Before I go digging with various tools, is there any particular trick to removing the pin from the A1 location? Any special tool required, or something simple which I can do?

Thanx!
      On the tyco connector (ecu connector), push the white locking pin down (long white single detent). When you pull the pin out, and relocate, simply push the locking pins (two short detents) back down, and the pins are secured.
      No longer working at Holley

Thanx guys! I'll give it a shot when I'm at the car tomorrow or Wednesday...
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Quote Originally Posted by 64duece View Post
      You only need to unseat the white lock on the connector. Small white bar...push with a paperclip or small flat screwdriver. Remove pin by giving a mild tug...insert in new location and relock.
      Quote Originally Posted by Derek@Holley View Post
      On the tyco connector (ecu connector), push the white locking pin down (long white single detent). When you pull the pin out, and relocate, simply push the locking pins (two short detents) back down, and the pins are secured.
      Guys,

Thanx for the tips. I was able to move the A1 pin/wire to the A28 location. The wire didn't want to push all the way in at first, but I was able to get it in there and locked. One more step down!

Back to the fans for a minute. I was looking at wiring up my fan relays last night. I read through the Wiring Diagram document again, but I'm still a bit confused. Can I use any of the 4 outputs to drive a negative trigger to my relays? Or are only certain ones capable of controlling a negative-active relay? The Wiring Diagram manual section on the Outputs describes the possible pin features, but what isn't completely clear is whether I can set each I/O to be in a specific mode?

I downloaded the HP EFI 2.0 software and was trying to experiment inside of that, but I cannot figure out how the 'pin map' function works. It says to Drag and Drop I/O to available pins, but I cannot click on anything to drag anything when I have the Pin Map open. :\ I'm missing something obvious I'm sure...

Outputs 1 and 2 have (H, P+) beside their names in the wiring diagram. Does that mean that those 2 can only drive +12v outputs, and not control the negative side of a relay?

Similarly, outputs 3 and 4 have (G, P-) beside their names. Does that mean they can only drive the ground side of a relay?

I want to make sure before I start hard wiring anything. I had the impression that all 4 outputs could be used for either polarity, but it seems that may not be true... If the above is true, then I'll be using outputs 3 and 4 for my fan controls, to ground the negative side of my relays. And then I need to know how to tell the software to use those 2 particular outputs for fan control...
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

D'oh! I played with it some more, and may have found the trick.

The fans were not enabled in the Basic I/O window. Once I enabled them, they appear in the Available Outputs window of the Pin Map. And it does appear that I can only assign them to the outputs 3 and 4 since I have them specified as grounds...

Related question is whether I can use one of the inputs from the AC pressure switch to enable the fans. I see an AC functionality, called AC Kick, and I've enabled that. But that's just for IAC. The A/C Shutdown feature appears to allow me to disable the AC for various reasons. But I don't see a connection between the AC input and the Fan control?

Thanx again...
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

Yep, Pinmapping is made to be pretty easy once you understand the letters for I/O.

I typically would trigger the fan control relay with the compressor clutch 12v feed. Using an adjacent relay that triggers to ground which will invert your signal. Pair this with the ECU ground trigger and your done. If you choose 12v trigger you wouldn't need this extra relay.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      D'oh! I played with it some more, and may have found the trick.

The fans were not enabled in the Basic I/O window. Once I enabled them, they appear in the Available Outputs window of the Pin Map. And it does appear that I can only assign them to the outputs 3 and 4 since I have them specified as grounds...

Related question is whether I can use one of the inputs from the AC pressure switch to enable the fans. I see an AC functionality, called AC Kick, and I've enabled that. But that's just for IAC. The A/C Shutdown feature appears to allow me to disable the AC for various reasons. But I don't see a connection between the AC input and the Fan control?

Thanx again...
      Dennis
      Moore Racecraft

Hi anyone out there plug in a full windows tablet like the Dell XPS 10 to their Holley efi?
      It has a full size USB and seems it would work.
      Buy a nice car tablet mount and you got a cool set up.......

Quote Originally Posted by 64duece View Post
      Yep, Pinmapping is made to be pretty easy once you understand the letters for I/O.

I typically would trigger the fan control relay with the compressor clutch 12v feed. Using an adjacent relay that triggers to ground which will invert your signal. Pair this with the ECU ground trigger and your done. If you choose 12v trigger you wouldn't need this extra relay.
      If I'm following you correctly, you are saying that the HP EFI CANNOT directly enable the fans by taking the AC inputs and using them as part of the Fan Control equation?

I had the impression that the system was configurable to allow this sort of functionality. Sounds like I was wrong. :(

I can certainly do exactly what you described with the extra relay, and that was my original plan, but it seems like having the HP EFI there with it's general purpose inputs and outputs would have allowed me to control the fans completely within without the need for the extra external wiring. Disappointed to hear that's not the case...

Appreciate the insight!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

You can take an input and use it to trigger an output however, many people dont.wanna tie up I/O because theyre limited so I figured I'd offer a cheap solution that keeps wiring up front.
      Dennis
      Moore Racecraft

any updates on the Holley Terminator Throttle body??

Quote Originally Posted by shane38 View Post
      any updates on the Holley Terminator Throttle body??
      Still on Schedule for the end of this month from what I've been told. When it's available, you will see a price appear on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@Holley View Post
      Still on Schedule for the end of this month from what I've been told. When it's available, you will see a price appear on the website.
      thanks so much!
      ready to order one!!

Well, we got her started yesterday! I have a lot to learn about using the Holley SW, I was struggling through it trying to monitor and set features while watching gauges and the engine itself. But after sitting for over 2 years, it fired right up (once we had oil pressure).

I definitely need to work on the IAC settings, it's keeping the engine speed up too high when you let off the gas.

Quick video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRb3...e_gdata_player
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

Awesome. Glad you have it running.

Where is the optimal place to install the IAT sensor?
      The two places I'm thinking of installing is..

Into the back side of the elbow plenum.
      Or
      In the up pipe between the filter and the throttle body

Thanks for your input
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by alky View Post
      Where is the optimal place to install the IAT sensor?
      The two places I'm thinking of installing is..

Into the back side of the elbow plenum.
      Or
      In the up pipe between the filter and the throttle body

Thanks for your input
      Either one of those places will work. I personally try to keep it pre-throttle body, so it measures the air temp as it enters the throttle body.

I apologize if this has already been covered. I am definitely sold on the Dominator EFI for my build. And I have had great support getting all my questions answered as well as users sending me pics of screens along with the 'how to details'. It really made the education on the fuel injection/gauges quick and clear.

But there is one more thing I am thinking about using this box for. I am getting ready to have a 4L80E built, and I know there is a trans controller feature in this box. While I am considering a full manual 4L80E, I haven't as yet decided to go that way, and would like to get some info on the features of the trans controller portion. Ideally I would be able to flip between full auto and full manual, but I don't really know if that is possible.

Derek,
      I was wondering if any of the EFI kits are compatible with blown through yet? I had talked to a Holley tech a year or so ago and he told me "it was in the works" did that ever come around? I would love to try to put a turbo on one of the efi kits.

SDMAN - There is a parameter than can be enabled in the transmission control ICF. When this is enabled, the auto function is disabled, leaving you full manual control. When enabled, it creates an input. Connect the wire to a switch that can turn on/off. Pretty easy to set up.

SShep71 - At this time, we have not released a TBI assembly that has been blow thru tested. Terminator EFI was developed to offer the end user a great way to convert from carburetion. The injectors that are included can support 600HP in naturally aspirated form. If someone is making 500HP or less, I feel you can make the Terminator work. Anything over that, and the end user should be looking at a MPFI system. In conclusion, we do not offer a TBI blow thru injection to support big power at this time. I will also state, that support for the late model HEMI, and Ford Modular Engines are at the top of priorities.

Derek,

I thought I understood how to make this work, but apparently I was wrong. I could use some help!

I'm trying to generate my own fan control signals. I'm doing this because I want to force the fans on when the AC is on. I use 1 input for the AC Kick function, and I'm using that signal, combined with some others, to generate an AC Compressor Enable output. That works great.

What I cannot do is combine the AC Kick input with the CTS levels to generate a fan enable. In the Configuration screen for the Outputs, I want to select the AC Kick as a switched input trigger, then use the CTS as a Sensor Input Trigger. As best I can tell, it seems to require BOTH of those to be active to generate an active output. What I want is EITHER of them to be active to generate the active output.

Is there a different way to do this which I'm missing? I cannot use the built in Basic I/O Fan controls, as those would be Linked Outputs, which also require all conditions to be met for the fans to be running. When I start my car, and it's hot outside, I want the fans running immediately to pull air across the condensor, even if the CTS isn't at the fan enable temps.

Suggestions? Preferrably one that doesn't require wiring changes? :-)

Thanx!
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com