Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      Let me know if you manage to get it to work on your 4.6; all of my information points to mod motors being out in the cold on this one.
      That is not 100% correct. We have a couple of people that have mod motors running with our electronics. Mike Dez @ Dez Racing just finished a Mercury Marauder with a blower, and used our Universal Kit. As I posted above, we are working diligently to release plug n play harness's for the mod motors. They simply aren't available at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Red67Mustang View Post
      One thing that I'd like to see is a list of Dealer (Holley) certified tuning shops. Lots of mfr's offer dealer certification of local installers, etc... and I would assume tuning could be similiar. The HP EFI system is great, but my EFI knowledge (while fairly informed) is not at expert level, and I have not found a tuner in the Northern Virginia area that is reputable and qualified to tune the Holley HP EFI system. There may be one, I just can't find it because I don't know where to look...ergo; a certification program from Holley would take much of the guesswork out of it.

Just an idea. Thanks
      We do have a dealer map on our homepage. The map consists of dealers are buy, sell, install, and tune kits on a regular basis. Not just a once a year mom/pop shop. We have been offering dealer training in the Bowling Green facility, and @ Westech in California. Dealers are given the opportunity to become "certified" installers/tuners, but the choice has been up to them. Take a look at the map to locate a dealer to assist you. Thank you.
      http://www.holley.com/DealerMap.asp?brand=Holley EFI

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelLeeHearn View Post
      Do you know if there will be a in interface for the Dominator EFI system for RacePak dashes and data-logging systems in the near future?

I would like to go with the Dominator system, but I am planning on using RacePak IQ3 dash and G2X data logger. The only interface they have right now is for the old commander style system.

I know this is not just a Holley question, I hope you know if there is something in the works in the near future.
      We have provided Racepak all the information required by them to build an interface for the Holley EFI/Racepak dash. The ball is in their court now. Call Racepak, and request a date lol. Thank you - Derek

I'll try to do better. I had subscriptions turned off, but now they are on. I should get notifications when someone replies. Thanks again for all showing interest in this thread.
      Last edited by Derekk; 01-11-2013 at 11:38 AM.
      No longer working at Holley

I will post a message on there forum and see what they say.
      Life is full of problems.
      It depends on how you deal with them and move forward.
      This will show others the type of person you are.

Make the best of things that are put in front of you and enjoy life.

Country Flag: Canada

Happy Holley Customer

It's really nice to see a company that is so interested in what their customers are doing with their products and open to our input. In my dealings with Holley the guys have been great in helping me get to where I want to be as this is the first EFI car I've built having been a drag racer long ago and just now trying to get back into the hobby.

My question is around what to proceed with for ignition? I picked up a brand new Holley Stealth Ram for my car from a very mad wife of a guy who was trying to sell some stuff. It was to good a deal to pass up but when I got it home I realized it still had the Commander 950 electronics. I am just going to buy the HP set up for my SR set, I think it is part#550-604 so I will be more than happy to give you feedback on how it goes for a first time user. But, what should I proceed with for ignition as I really like the idea of having it controlled by the computer for my SR and being able to adjust and control it.

Here is what I currently have from another project I sold so I am wondering if the HP can control it?
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  231.5 KB

With the matching distributor, no vacuume advance,
      Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 2003
Size:  127.4 KB

This was also in the bottom of the box with my Stealth Ram so will the Holley box work?
      Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  19.7 KB

In the end it all needs to make this run with reliability so I can drive this thing anywhere anytime.
Views: 2106
Size:  132.5 KB

I'm hoping to get the engine to the local Dyno shop soon to get it broken in first then I will start on the Stealth Ram conversion with the engine in the car.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

Derek any if your custoners using the Holly kit on an LSA?
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
      It's really nice to see a company that is so interested in what their customers are doing with their products and open to our input. In my dealings with Holley the guys have been great in helping me get to where I want to be as this is the first EFI car I've built having been a drag racer long ago and just now trying to get back into the hobby.

My question is around what to proceed with for ignition? I picked up a brand new Holley Stealth Ram for my car from a very mad wife of a guy who was trying to sell some stuff. It was to good a deal to pass up but when I got it home I realized it still had the Commander 950 electronics. I am just going to buy the HP set up for my SR set, I think it is part#550-604 so I will be more than happy to give you feedback on how it goes for a first time user. But, what should I proceed with for ignition as I really like the idea of having it controlled by the computer for my SR and being able to adjust and control it.

Here is what I currently have from another project I sold so I am wondering if the HP can control it?
Views: 1763
Size:  231.5 KB

With the matching distributor, no vacuume advance,
      Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 2003
Size:  127.4 KB

This was also in the bottom of the box with my Stealth Ram so will the Holley box work?
      Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 1719
Size:  19.7 KB

In the end it all needs to make this run with reliability so I can drive this thing anywhere anytime.
Views: 2106
Size:  132.5 KB

I'm hoping to get the engine to the local Dyno shop soon to get it broken in first then I will start on the Stealth Ram conversion with the engine in the car.
      In using the stealthram manifold, I suggest kit 550-601. The TPS connection, and the IAC connection should be correct for the manifold/throttle body. As far as timing control with the system, you have a few options. You could reuse the CDI box/distributor. However the distributor rotor needs to be locked, and must have an 8 tooth reluctor wheel. In wiring up the distributor to mimic a crank trigger, you can have timing control - Non Sequential fuel control. Another option is to use a small cap HEI distributor (no cdi box) out of a 87-95 Chevy truck. Again this will be paired injection. If you want sequential fuel control, I suggest a MSD or FAST Dual Sync distributor. The CDI box will need to be used for this as well. I hope this gives a little clarity on your combination.

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      Derek any of your customers using the Holley kit on an LSA?
      I've not assisted anyone with the LSA, however I have assisted with the use on a couple of LS9 engines.

Derek, any update on the Terminator release date?
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

FYI, this is (Derek) my personal account. Engineering is very tight lipped on the Terminator ETA, but speculation is 6-8 weeks.

Any idea on what Dez Racing had to do to make the dominator system work? I just sent them an email but was wondering of you had an idea.

And I know you said that now Holley could start working out n efi for mod motors and hemi's, but is there any sort of time line on those? There are other options out there, and while Dominator seems like the best solution for me, I have to be realistic and say that is it is going to be a year or more before it is ready I should probably look elsewhere. Anything that takes that long to be produced has too much potential of becoming vaporware!

Nothing major, however I don't have all the information at hand so I'll provide a formal response when I get back in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by dj94gt View Post
      Nothing major, however I don't have all the information at hand so I'll provide a formal response when I get back in the office.
      Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it.

Ok, we have two customers that run the Holley EFI on mod motors. Both of those are running untimed sequential fuel strategies (no cam sync). On one engine the stock coils were used with Bosch 0-227-100-211 ignitors. This worked up to 25 psi of boost on a 4.6 32V engine. Over 25 psi, the spark would blow out. The car Dez Racing built used the Holley DIS coils. On each engine the GM stepper IAC valves were used at the onset, however after reving the engine, the IAC would not "catch" the engine. So the Ford IAC valves were reinstalled, and performed flawlessly. As a side note, the Ford IAC requires 1 pwm output. Hope this helps - Derek

Derek, I've heard Holley has new EFI throttle bodies coming out? Will this be for the Avenger and HP self tuning units?

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@Holley View Post
      Ok, we have two customers that run the Holley EFI on mod motors. Both of those are running untimed sequential fuel strategies (no cam sync). On one engine the stock coils were used with Bosch 0-227-100-211 ignitors. This worked up to 25 psi of boost on a 4.6 32V engine. Over 25 psi, the spark would blow out. The car Dez Racing built used the Holley DIS coils. On each engine the GM stepper IAC valves were used at the onset, however after reving the engine, the IAC would not "catch" the engine. So the Ford IAC valves were reinstalled, and performed flawlessly. As a side note, the Ford IAC requires 1 pwm output. Hope this helps - Derek

Thanks! Very helpful. Hopefully Dez racing gets back to me on the specifics of what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      Derek, I've heard Holley has new EFI throttle bodies coming out? Will this be for the Avenger and HP self tuning units?
      This is the only new throttle body being built at this time.

http://www.holley.com/550-406.asp

Holley EFI Users, Step Inside Please

Derek,
      Any idea why my V2 software ( HP EFI ) will only communicate with my ECU when I run the software as an "administrator"?

Much thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Red67Mustang View Post
      Derek,
      Any idea why my V2 software ( HP EFI ) will only communicate with my ECU when I run the software as an "administrator"?

Much thanks.
      In order to read/write to the Holley folder one must have full control. The only to have this access is to run as an administrator.

The V2 Software and associated Firmware have been officially released. Please visit http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp for instructions and download.
      Dennis
      Moore Racecraft

I have nothing but good things to say about the Holley HP EFI system. It turned my blow through engine into a friendly street car again with excellent throttle response. The only piece of advice I could give Holley is a beginners guide to selecting injectors as I selected my 83 lb ones too small with E85. So I maxed the injector out and had to stop tuning....The only way to get capacity back now is to either switch to Race fuel or buy bigger injectors.....Apparently the max hp rating on injectors are not really the max rating once you factor in duty cycle, supercharger and then E85 and some other derating factor I feel like I am forgetting. These small but easy calculations should in my opinion be much more visible on the site. There tech line is Super friendly and always helpful. I could get on the line when I needed too and they were patient with me too. The only other thing I ran into that was different that Hi Tech Motorsports helped me out with when we were dyno tuning the car was adding the Digital 6 box back into the system with the HEI setup. There was some unclear instructions there from my perspective. I'm usually pretty good at reading diagrams but maybe I missed the boat on that one. Something to look into I guess.
      Holley HP EFI, Procharged D1SC, 383 Dart Little M block and forged internals. 15.5 psi on E85! Chromoly Fab 9 rear end with Strange Pro Iron center diff, 3.89's and a Chomoly 4 point roll bar. Yes, its still a 4 speed car!

Thank you for the feedback. Our injectors are rated at 43.5 psi using a .5 BSFC. While this is a guide, things change...Nitrous engines typically run in the .4-.45 BSFC, and boosted engines as high as .65-.7 BSCF. Then you have the rail pressure which can enlarge an injector. So I feel that we could probably do an injector calculator on our website to assist. When in doubt, call us. We are here 8AM-6PM Monday through Friday, and 9AM-3PM on Saturdays.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com