Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Planit Oahu, Hawaii if you don't belive me check shipping prices
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Derek@Holley View Post
      It has been talked about, however it is NOT compatible at this time. I'll know more about this at the beginning of next year.
      so will or is it compatible with Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyDoc View Post
      so will or is it compatible with Mac?
      It has been talked about, however it is NOT compatible at this time. I'll know more about this at the beginning of next year.
      No longer working at Holley

We have Holley HP EFI on the Twist Machine Camaro. The only feedback I have is to your instructions. I suggest adding a photo of a battery with both top and side posts to emphasize the necessity of dedicated battery leads for the ECM. The instructions try to be emphatic, but they still seem like suggestions.

-Start selling your own hardware for increased spark resolution and timing control. We're happily motoring down the road using our pre-existing CD /mag pickup ignition. I'm guessing a lot of folks have followed that same path. After learning the benefits of computer controlled timing, we intend to upgrade the ignition system for greater resolution and control. Since the software is capable, Holley might as well capture that sale.

-We converted our fuel system to returnless in conjunction with a late Camaro in tank pump. Works awesome, but we weren't 100% sure it would work until we turned the key. You might want to add support for returnless plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@Holley View Post
      Something to think about. Apple is looking to move away from Intel chips in there computers. It could possibly affect future software compatibility. They need to stick with a format instead of jumping around.

I haven't heard anything on the Stealth units. I have a 69 camaro that I want to convert to EFI and I'm trying to figure out witch model to use. I do have 2 Mallory Unilte distributors, one with vacumn advance and one without, could those be used? Which model would be the best choice? Should I go with TBI or multiport? I'm planning on using this car as a daily driver so I want the drive ability of a good running EFI.

Quote Originally Posted by elwaupo View Post
      I haven't heard anything on the Stealth units. I have a 69 camaro that I want to convert to EFI and I'm trying to figure out witch model to use. I do have 2 Mallory Unilte distributors, one with vacumn advance and one without, could those be used? Which model would be the best choice? Should I go with TBI or multiport? I'm planning on using this car as a daily driver so I want the drive ability of a good running EFI.
      How much power does your engine produce?

I'd like to suggest the cells in the fuel table that have been modified from the base calibration by way of "apply learning to base"...should change to a different color in the cell. This will easily allow tuners to know, when smoothing the graph, if the cell being adjusted manually has been calibrated by "learning" or not. This may seem trivial but should also be fairly easy to include in the program.

Btw; I'm using the HP EFI with TBI on a 302 Ford w/ TFI dist.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Red67Mustang View Post

Thanks!
      How do you like it?

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Derek,

Got the V2 update. I imported my old file, but was unable to add the boost config. I made a new file, in the new software, and was able to import the boost config and now have the tab. I cannot, however, get the traction control. It's in the add config library, but no files are available. Is this another update?
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

And since you are THE tech.... I read the the boost control manual 3 times. Very good stuff!! I'm running twins, with two dual port waste gates. I'm confused as to what's recommended. I don't want to run a separate pressure source, just use the compressor. If I read right, you recommend using the "Holley single 3 port" with dome pressure control when using the compressor as the pressure source? How do you recommend running both waste gates and solenoids? Should I tie both gate tops together with a line and run a single pressure sensor? I didn't see the ability to control two separate gates, but I may have missed it.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Overall I do like the HP EFI setup - though I find the tuning manual fairly limited and therefore not extremely valuable in addressing the miriad issues that have come up in tuning the car. I rely on third party resources (books) to better explain the cause/effect relationship of the changes I need to make. Granted, I'm not a professional tuner so I am learning as I go. One thing I can't seem to resolve so far though, is that the car takes between 4 to 10 seconds of cranking to start. That's a long time... (I've adjusted the IAC Park Position and Cranking Fuel several times but just don't see and impreovement on the cranking time.)

I have a question about the Terminator setup. I currently have a blow thru Holley 750 carb. Right now I'm using it on a Chevy 350 Twin turbo setup pushing around 400. Very low psi. I'm building a new motor that will end up un the 850-900hp range. The carb I have will support what I need when I'm ready. I was looking at the Terminator sutup, but was told MAX hp would be around 600 because of the orifice in the TB where the fuel comes out. Even if the injectors were larger the restriction would be the littles holes. Now this was all hear say that I was told. I went ahead and called Holley around almost 2 months ago and never heard back (I'm in no rush anyway) I asked what the MAX HP on a BLO THRU setup ould be. I was tol'd he didn't think it was ever tested. Would you be able to tell us? If that kind of HP could be made I'm sold. Thanks
      1968 Camaro Convertible. 9" rear, Caltracks, 350 , PTC 3000 stall, Custom Twin turbo built by ME.

One thing I can't seem to resolve so far though, is that the car takes between 4 to 10 seconds of cranking to start. That's a long time... (I've adjusted the IAC Park Position and Cranking Fuel several times but just don't see and impreovement on the cranking time.)
      Check post #8 on the first page of this thread. Seems there is a software update to address this. Have you tried these?

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      Check post #8 on the first page of this thread. Seems there is a software update to address this. Have you tried these?
      I've not yet tried it, mainly because: Derek makes reference to a "V2" issue of the Firmware, but the Holley website http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp says the most recent version of the firmware is "V1.5.0.1" - which is not obviously the same as V2....

Also, I don't know what ID number my ECU has (and it's installed up under the dash / not easy to get to). All this in concert with Holley's dire warning "It is recommended to not update an older ECU, unless USB connectivity issues occur", has me hesitant to try a firmware update... I bought my HP EFI in April of 2010 so I am thinking this is an "Older" ECU...

I've downloaded the file "HEFI_0397.eep" from the Holley website, but still to 'skeered' to update...

I'd love it if someone from Holley could weigh in and clear this up.

Thanks!

"Moderator approval" was needed because you have very few posts and this one has a link - a spam-reduction measure.
      Last edited by derekf; 01-06-2013 at 09:19 PM.

I replied to this, but it said the post would appear after the "modorator approves it"...not sure why though.

Long story short; I've not updated the firmware because Holley's website warns against updating the firmware on "older" EFI setups and I bought my HP EFI in April of 2010, which in the lifespan of these EFI setups, I assume makes it an "older" one. I'd love for Holley to explain just what I'm supposed to do if I can't update the firmware.

Thanks!

I have the HP system running a 70 Nova with a 501 CI LS engine and also have it on my 71 camaro with a 680 HP LS7. I really like the nitrous options and that you can safely run a dry system with the fuel compensation. I plan on keeping it when I install the 850 HP blower motor this spring.

I would say the documentation on the features could be expanded to give more detail to the common person.

I am actually in the middle of installing the HP system on a 69 Camaro with an LS2 and love the ease of installation. I do plan on using the HP to replace the factory ECM on my 4.6 cobra engine in my 67 so will let you know how the wiring harness mods go.
      Brian Finch
      Pro-touring Hero

The Proof is on the Pavement

Sponsored by Baer Brakes, JRI Shocks, Pennzoil, Tremec, Magnaflow, Centerforce, AFCO Racing, Kurt Urban Performance, Amercian Powertrain, Forgeline, Holley, and of course BFG.

For the best engine money can buy please visit http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Authorized dealer for Baer, Ridetech, Detroit Speed, Vintage Air, Motorstate Distributing, Wilwood Engineering, American Autowire, Forgeline, Holley, Afco,

Contact brian@finchperformance for special Pro-Touring.com member pricing

www.hotrodtransformations.com

Let me know if you manage to get it to work on your 4.6; all of my information points to mod motors being out in the cold on this one.

One thing that I'd like to see is a list of Dealer (Holley) certified tuning shops. Lots of mfr's offer dealer certification of local installers, etc... and I would assume tuning could be similiar. The HP EFI system is great, but my EFI knowledge (while fairly informed) is not at expert level, and I have not found a tuner in the Northern Virginia area that is reputable and qualified to tune the Holley HP EFI system. There may be one, I just can't find it because I don't know where to look...ergo; a certification program from Holley would take much of the guesswork out of it.

Just an idea. Thanks

Do you know if there will be a in interface for the Dominator EFI system for RacePak dashes and data-logging systems in the near future?

I would like to go with the Dominator system, but I am planning on using RacePak IQ3 dash and G2X data logger. The only interface they have right now is for the old commander style system.

I know this is not just a Holley question, I hope you know if there is something in the works in the near future.
      Life is full of problems.
      It depends on how you deal with them and move forward.
      This will show others the type of person you are.

Make the best of things that are put in front of you and enjoy life.

I'd like to suggest the cells in the fuel table that have been modified from the base calibration by way of "apply learning to base"...should change to a different color in the cell. This will easily allow tuners to know, when smoothing the graph, if the cell being adjusted manually has been calibrated by "learning" or not. This may seem trivial but should also be fairly easy to include in the program.

Thanks!
      Sorry I've been out working on projects in R&D...I have noted the request. Thank you for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      Derek,

Got the V2 update. I imported my old file, but was unable to add the boost config. I made a new file, in the new software, and was able to import the boost config and now have the tab. I cannot, however, get the traction control. It's in the add config library, but no files are available. Is this another update?
      Was the Boost ICF just not available, or where you looking in the wrong library? In the V2 software, ICF's are listed under the Holley EFI folder in "MY DOCUMENTS". Traction control firmware (yes another update) will not be available until we release a newer firmware. We are finishing some details that are required for NHRA Techs to quickly detect if the TC ICF has been loaded into the ecu. We are almost ready to release this new firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      And since you are THE tech.... I read the the boost control manual 3 times. Very good stuff!! I'm running twins, with two dual port waste gates. I'm confused as to what's recommended. I don't want to run a separate pressure source, just use the compressor. If I read right, you recommend using the "Holley single 3 port" with dome pressure control when using the compressor as the pressure source? How do you recommend running both waste gates and solenoids? Should I tie both gate tops together with a line and run a single pressure sensor? I didn't see the ability to control two separate gates, but I may have missed it.
      Even though you are using the compressor as a dome pressure source, I still suggest the use of 2 - 3 port solenoids (557-200). You will have better control using one solenoid to increase the pressure, and one to decrease the pressure. You will just tee the gates together, and run a single sensor.

Overall I do like the HP EFI setup - though I find the tuning manual fairly limited and therefore not extremely valuable in addressing the miriad issues that have come up in tuning the car. I rely on third party resources (books) to better explain the cause/effect relationship of the changes I need to make. Granted, I'm not a professional tuner so I am learning as I go. One thing I can't seem to resolve so far though, is that the car takes between 4 to 10 seconds of cranking to start. That's a long time... (I've adjusted the IAC Park Position and Cranking Fuel several times but just don't see and impreovement on the cranking time.)
      Changing those settings will not speed up the starting process. You will need the V2 software to improve a slow start condition. There is a prime feature that aids, and cuts the cranking time down to a normal, acceptable time. 1-4 seconds. I've never seen a car (properly tuned) take 10 seconds. That may have something to do with the startup enrichment for cold/hot values. If you do not have the V2 software, send a request to [email protected] Please include your name, phone number, application, and current software version.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm99 View Post
      I have a question about the Terminator setup. I currently have a blow thru Holley 750 carb. Right now I'm using it on a Chevy 350 Twin turbo setup pushing around 400. Very low psi. I'm building a new motor that will end up un the 850-900hp range. The carb I have will support what I need when I'm ready. I was looking at the Terminator sutup, but was told MAX hp would be around 600 because of the orifice in the TB where the fuel comes out. Even if the injectors were larger the restriction would be the littles holes. Now this was all hear say that I was told. I went ahead and called Holley around almost 2 months ago and never heard back (I'm in no rush anyway) I asked what the MAX HP on a BLO THRU setup ould be. I was tol'd he didn't think it was ever tested. Would you be able to tell us? If that kind of HP could be made I'm sold. Thanks
      At this time the Terminator has not been released. Many factors contribute to this. It has been brought up to engineering, and management on developing the Terminator TBI so that Blow Thru carb customers have an easier option to convert to EFI. At this time I know 600HP N/A is all that can be supported. However we have larger injectors to test for boosted applications. I would like to give you more information, however at this time I simply do not have enough information to accurately give you a definative answer on how much HP can safely be supported, etc. Thank you, and don't give up. It's best to keep these ideas fresh, so call from time to time and give us a nudge lol.

I've not yet tried it, mainly because: Derek makes reference to a "V2" issue of the Firmware, but the Holley website http://www.holley.com/TechService/Library.asp says the most recent version of the firmware is "V1.5.0.1" - which is not obviously the same as V2....
      Also, I don't know what ID number my ECU has (and it's installed up under the dash / not easy to get to). All this in concert with Holley's dire warning "It is recommended to not update an older ECU, unless USB connectivity issues occur", has me hesitant to try a firmware update... I bought my HP EFI in April of 2010 so I am thinking this is an "Older" ECU...
      I've downloaded the file "HEFI_0397.eep" from the Holley website, but still to 'skeered' to update...
      I'd love it if someone from Holley could weigh in and clear this up.
      Thanks!
      "Moderator approval" was needed because you have very few posts and this one has a link - a spam-reduction measure.
      Ok, long story short, go into your software, and click on the drop down menu next to help. Select "about holley efi." Lower RH corner it will give you the software version, and build. To get your firmware version, you must be connected to the ecu. The drop down menu next to the broken circle "SYNC" icon has the option to "Get ECU Info" If you have SW 1.5, and Firmware 3.97 the update for V2 software is easy. Please call the tech line if you need assistance 270-781-9741

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
      I have the HP system running a 70 Nova with a 501 CI LS engine and also have it on my 71 camaro with a 680 HP LS7. I really like the nitrous options and that you can safely run a dry system with the fuel compensation. I plan on keeping it when I install the 850 HP blower motor this spring.

I would say the documentation on the features could be expanded to give more detail to the common person.

I am actually in the middle of installing the HP system on a 69 Camaro with an LS2 and love the ease of installation. I do plan on using the HP to replace the factory ECM on my 4.6 cobra engine in my 67 so will let you know how the wiring harness mods go.
      I'm glad you are an avid user. When you start the mod motor install, let me know. There has been some blanking issues with the cam sensor. We are working daily to work towards a plug n play ecu/harness kit like we currently offer for the LS engines. If you are using the V2 software, be sure to use the 36-1 crank trigger in the "ignition type."
      Last edited by Derekk; 01-11-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com