Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I know the HP EFI system which I have does generate an output for the tach. If the computer is actually the same for the Terminator system, it should be there for you.

Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      I know the HP EFI system which I have does generate an output for the tach. If the computer is actually the same for the Terminator system, it should be there for you.
      At this time, it's the same ECU.

Which terminal is it? I don't see a "tach out" in the pin map.

Quote Originally Posted by another69 View Post
      Which terminal is it? I don't see a "tach out" in the pin map.
      http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7583#post47583 (Tachometer Signal Information)
      May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, 4" lift, 35" tires

Do the HP and dominator use the same harness? I think it's been answered elsewhere E but looking for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      Do the HP & Dominator use the same harness? I think it's been answered elsewhere, but looking for confirmation.
      Yes, the HP & Dominator ECU use the same main harness (Link).
      http://documents.holley.com/efi_sele...chart62914.pdf (HP & Dominator EFI Component Selection Guide)
      May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, 4" lift, 35" tires

I had a new harness for my terminator installed that allows the terminator computer to control the spark and everything. Got rid of my MSD6010 and it runs better and cleaned up the wiring clutter to boot. I would highly recomend to anyone who is using a terminator.
      69 Camaro
      03 z06
      90 mustang coupe

Last night I was able to use my Holley Dominator to control the cooling fan using pwm.

This is a great way to do it, because now the fan is no longer ON or OFF. I have the ability to run the fan at variable speed based on engine coolant temperature and vehicle speed.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thats really cool. Do you have a part number for that fan controller you used by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      Thats really cool. Do you have a part number for that fan controller you used by chance?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Can anyone share some input on how to get a good baseline tune for my set up? It's an Ls1 with trex cam(24x range duration), Ls2 intake, Ls1 injectors and tb, everything else is stock. I tried the global folder tune Ls1 4l60 dbc and it did fire up, idle sucked for the most part until it hit learn mode. I let it idle for a few minutes and afr looked to be on point, but when I gave it gas it would stumble a little bit and the rev and then it would die unless I kept giving it gas. I would try firing up again and would not start unless I kept the throttle open. After I got it running again it and idles good, gave it gas and died. Next time it fired it sounded like it was only running only one bank, which I think it was, passenger side was considerably hotter than driver side, any pointers as to what might be causing the issue? Maybe point me to a better base tune based on the mpfi files?
      2000 Pontiac Trans Am, Ls1/t56, SLP lid, LT's, cut-out, Borla cat-back.

1980 Pontiac Trans Am, soon to get Ls1/t56 transplant.

First, if you haven't already found it, I highly recommend you look at:

http://forums.holley.com

LOTS of great and fast support there. Many threads on this topic as well under the HP EFI subforum.

That said, I cannot remember, but do you have an IAC when you use DBC? If sounds like you are having issues with it.

Also, when you said it idles poorly until closed loop is activating (that's what I think you meant when you said learn mode), what is it doing? Running too rich? Too lean? There are tables which control the post-start enrichment, but those should phase out pretty quickly. Then there is a coolant temp enrichment table which is in play until you warm up.

There is a global folder for a 480HP LS2 as I recall which is a good starting point for many cars. Have you tried that?

When you blipped the throttle and it stumbled, was that a lean or a rich stumble? I had to work on that a good bit on my setup with the AE tables. Mine was a lean stumble. Also, have you adjusted the ignition table?
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

Quote Originally Posted by zamora7 View Post
      Can anyone share some input on how to get a good baseline tune for my set up? It's an Ls1 with trex cam(24x range duration), Ls2 intake, Ls1 injectors and tb, everything else is stock. I tried the global folder tune Ls1 4l60 dbc and it did fire up, idle sucked for the most part until it hit learn mode. I let it idle for a few minutes and afr looked to be on point, but when I gave it gas it would stumble a little bit and the rev and then it would die unless I kept giving it gas. I would try firing up again and would not start unless I kept the throttle open. After I got it running again it and idles good, gave it gas and died. Next time it fired it sounded like it was only running only one bank, which I think it was, passenger side was considerably hotter than driver side, any pointers as to what might be causing the issue? Maybe point me to a better base tune based on the mpfi files?
      At this point you need to start learning and actually doing your own tuning. You have at your fingertips a very powerful and user-friendly EFI system, so learn to use it...

Tuning idle is critical for drivability and with that big cam you will have to spend a lot of time tweaking the tune.

You may have to crack the throttle blades open a little, do another TPS auto set, then start fiddling with the IAC parameters. Go to the Holley forum and you will find a lot of information there.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I have been looking to converse/read/view info from anyone that has installed the Holley HP EFI system on a Ford 4.6l SOHC engine. So far I have not found, by searching the web, anyone that has posted anything about using the HP system on Ford mod motors. I have the engine from a 1996 Mustang GT (original 8,500 miles), that I have installed in a 1940 Ford Tudor (2 door sedan) street rod (Ford in a Ford). I really don't want to use the factory computer. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
      I have been looking to converse/read/view info from anyone that has installed the Holley HP EFI system on a Ford 4.6l SOHC engine. So far I have not found, by searching the web, anyone that has posted anything about using the HP system on Ford mod motors. I have the engine from a 1996 Mustang GT (original 8,500 miles), that I have installed in a 1940 Ford Tudor (2 door sedan) street rod (Ford in a Ford). I really don't want to use the factory computer. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks
      We have setup several Holley Efi systems on modular engines. Let me know if I can help. 2706193472 or [email protected]. Thanks-Derek

I have an issue and would like some help - please..

I have the EFI-HP..

I can hook up via USB
      i upload to the ECU the fuel pump comes on constant..
      I do the TPS
      then cycle the switch off
      When i turn the switch on - No fuel pump / no start
      The USB will connect but will not sync
      i can disconnect the battery for a 1/2 hour or longer and be able to link via USB...

Brand new 1st owner

I have verfied good grounds and power
      i have the large wires ran directly to the battery..

Any suggestions will be appreciated.. i have had the unit in the box as i have built the car so I'm concerned Holley will support the warranty
      Eric

67-GTO project in process
      Charlotte, NC

Eric,

I would first go through and verify all of the wiring. Then I would post on the Holley support forum. I would also give Holley a call and see what they suggest.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Can you confirm which version of the EFI Firmware is installed in your HP EFI box? And then which version of the software you have installed on your laptop?

Just a total guess, but perhaps you don't have the correct matching versions?
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

i upgraded the firmware to v2 and have the matching software... my box had 1.5 build 1

that didn't work so i was hoping my firmware would fix the issue but it didn't...

Thanks - EL
      Eric

Charlotte, NC

thanks Andrew - i will ..
      Was going to call Holley -but didn't think about the support forum
      Eric

Charlotte, NC

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com