Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Police Tribute Update

Name:  mistrettafinalB.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  211.8 KB
      So I figured I would come back with some updates on my progress. As many of you know I dedicated my off duty time, energy and vehicle to charity. For those who don't know the charity name is L.E.O.-F.A.S.T. The Law Enforcement Officers Family Assistance Search Team Foundation. http://leofast.com/
      Please check it out. We have been slow to take off but consistency has been paying off and we are growing recognition.

I first want to thank our First automotive Major Sponsor Paul Falcon of LS1 Excitement without his help and donation of shop time. LS1 Excitement has been helping this project come to life in so many ways and we are blessed to have thoughtful professionals helping us out.

I wanted to post a little history of the car first. I bought this car from an Air Force F16 Fighter Pilot, I guess he had a real hot rod that came stock with missiles and a after burner. Maybe that's why it was neglected. I went to look at the car and it took some convincing the wife that this car had potential. She couldn't see the muscle in this muscle car. It was full of potential a 400cui worn out motor, cruise control, white vinyl top, massive 14" steel wheels and A/C.

Name:  SCAN0045-1.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  140.5 KB
      He laughs, I didn't find it too funny! Name:  SCAN0048.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  53.1 KBName:  SCAN0046.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  98.7 KB
      After a couple of cans of black primer and some neat wheels she started to change her mind and see some of the potential.
      Name:  049.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  88.8 KBName:  042.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  63.2 KB
      Once I gathered enough supplies and some funds I hired some local buddies to help get her painted and looking good.

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  258.6 KBName:  user8827_pic698_1240161558.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  23.6 KBName:  user8827_pic697_1240161558.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  31.9 KB
      With her tail high, I wanted to get the ultimate stance so we installed ridetech's air suspension and strong arms. The stance and dramatic change from stock was astronomical. I couldn't believe the difference in the ride and performance. Everything else on the car was bone stock, minus mufflers. Our first road trip was to RTTH that summer and had a ball on the Tail Of The Dragon. If you haven't been to RTTH's your really missing out!!!!!
      Name:  gto2.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  73.0 KB

Kyle

Continued

After the paint job,the project sat idle for awhile as I continued to buy parts for the new motor. I decided to build a Pontiac motor 468cui N/A. (I didn't realize how easy and convenient a LS motor would be until it was too late. I had the engine built for 645hp and 650tq. The real numbers came out to 602hp and 605tq on the dyno. Name:  MOTOR2-1.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  49.4 KBName:  MOTOR-1.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  42.8 KB

Once LS1 Excitement helped pull the motor we decided we would smooth the firewall a little and make the engine bay stand out a bit. Name:  Zi6_6053.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  129.6 KBName:  IMG_0772.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  183.4 KB
      I think it came out great. Paul isn't a body man but he was able to help me learn how to weld a little and give me confidence to start new projects in the future.

The car at Pauls shop getting her new transplant.
      Name:  IMG_0771.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  205.0 KB
      The firebird in the back ground is his 275 radial car, running some 5.40's in the 1/8mi.

Name:  IMG_0785.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  237.7 KB
      Paul bending his donated stainless brake lines.
      Name:  IMG_0789.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  204.8 KB

Yes that's a 200R4 however since this picture was taken we have acquired a t56 6 speed. We still need a clutch, AFW and Tick performance adjustable master.Name:  IMG_0800.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  200.7 KB

Stay tuned for our install of black 04 GTO seats. I will try and take more pictures for the next few build updates. The seats do sit high if you just weld a bracket on the bottom. I'm cutting off as much as I can to weld a flat steel bar across the front and L brackets in the rear to keep the height down. Name:  IMG_0795.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  240.7 KBName:  IMG_0798.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  233.5 KB
      The backs definitely need to be altered but since PT has so many people doing builds and providing information, I have figured out it's easy to customize them down.
      Kyle

Any progress on the build?

I will try and post some pics this weekend but spoiler alert out with the old in with the new + twins .
      Kyle

Name:  MN.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  42.2 KBName:  photo%20(3).JPG
Views: 393
Size:  42.8 KBName:  photo (9).jpg
Views: 387
Size:  43.0 KBName:  photo 2 (1).jpg
Views: 384
Size:  35.4 KBName:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  39.0 KB

Sorry I haven't updated this forum in some time, after feeling like I was wasting my time asking q's and sending PM's to obtain info from people with no return mesgs. I wrote the PT forum off as far as build interest and support. but thank you for entertaining me with any updates.

I sold my 468 stroker to a guy in Canada that turned into an ordeal because the motor was supposedly dropped during transport but that's a whole different story. B/C if a motor was dropped the box would be damaged agree?

I found a blown 2010 LS3 and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger knowing it was going to take me some time to finish it. I quickly rebuilt it with CP forged internals minus the crank and used the stock heads with Brian Tooley custom cam and springs.
      I bought twin 61mm turbos to help make some power, and because the intake looked so damn cool and ou don't see many I bought the high rise intake. I'm not sure if it will fit under the hood yet it is very close but If I have to cut a small hole then so be it.

My buddy predicts this will be a mid 700hp build on pump gas and we want to be able to smoke the tires and beat on it without destroying it so he will tune it with a show off setting lol, cruising and power tune.

I don't have any good pics at the moment maybe I will try to get her into the sun and take some more.

I have been concentrating on my new assignment as a full time SWAT Operator and haven't been able to really keep the website updated. I also haven't had and funds coming in to my project (family first) so I have to be patient. Trust me I wish I could just get the car back together. It feels like Im going to become one of those old men with a hot rod and won't sell it bc Im going to fix it but its rusting in the backyard guys.

Anyways man TTYL thanks again. Kyle

I haven't lost too much motivation though I have been in the Special Operations shooting and tactical community for years and finally after 12 years I work doing something I truly love so sometimes it takes time.

The Man Who Thinks He Can (aka Thinking)
      by Walter D. Wintle

If you think you are beaten, you are,
      If you think you dare not, you don't,
      If you'd like to win, but think you can't,
      It's almost a "cinch" you won't.
      If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
      For out in the world you find
      Success begins with a fellow's will;
      It's all in the state of mind.

Full many a race is lost
      Ere ever a step is run;
      And many a coward fails