Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Spectators for RTTH

I'm too late getting the car ready and get registered for this year but Joe (from Bulldawg Musclecars) and I are considering heading up in the wagon on Saturday just to watch and mingle. I skimmed over the website but didn't see anything about spectator pricing. Can someone tell us how much and what time we should get there? We're about 4 hours away and don't want to miss much...

-Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

come on, and ask for me, I may know the right person to get you in the gate.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

I hope you guys can make it! I want to show Joe some things on my car, idea-wise.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Ben , we can get you up-close-and-personal ( right on the track ) .
      You just may have to be a cone worker . LOL !
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Ben,

I will be at BullDawgMusclecars this Friday morning to pick up my 69 camaro and hopefully drive it up to RTTH. This will be my first PT event. I will also be a spectator until you guys finish my next project.

Jeff,

I know you provided some parts for my red 69 camaro at Joes and I appreciate it. Just a little sad I am losing my GM parts hookup but Congrats on the new job.

Cannot wait to actually meet everyone in person and seeing all the rides.

Jarrod

Thanks Bill! And being a cone boy sounds good! Live action! The smell of burning rubber and race gas, mmmmmmmm!
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 09-11-2012 at 07:28 AM.

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Thanks Bill! And being a cone boy sounds good! Live action! The smell of burning rubber and race gas, mmmmmmmm!
      Sometimes you gotta move quick and jump out of the way !
      I'll see you guys up there .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      At previous RTTH's spectators were welcome and no fee was charged. Has this changed?
      '69 Camaro - 427 SBC 526hp, 593 ft-lbs, Tremec TKO, Ridetech Coilover Suspension w/TruTurn, Billet-Specialties Draft 18x9, 18x12, BFG KDW 275/335

Hmmm....Lol!

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Hmmm....Lol!

lol! that's pretty good! are you going to bring my rendering with you?

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

Can do, pm sent...

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac69 View Post
      At previous RTTH's spectators were welcome and no fee was charged. Has this changed?
      No , nothing has changed , spectators are still free ,
      Bill is just being funny .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      Tehehehehehehe !!
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Last year I came to rtth & I was hooked. I wasn't quite ready to run this year, but today I drive up here to be turned away at the gate. I am very diss appointed. I have looked forward to this event all year. I had a great time last year. I read on here that's it's still open to spectators. So what is it? Can I watch or not?

So today I tried going to the autocross and was told they were not allowing spectators. I've been to atleast 3 as a spectator no problem, was told today insurance reasons would not allow it. Was it the fact I was not in my corvette and instead riding in my buddy's Camry hybrid? Or are spectators not allowed?

Spectators for RTTH

Apparently you have to know the right people. I would have gladly signed a waiver to watch. The funny thing is earlier this week it was confirmed that spectators would be free. The guy at the gate said the information was on another forum?

Guys , I'm really sorry .
      I did not know that this was not a spectator event .
      I did not check the details before I posted and I thought Bill was kidding in the previous post .

It had to do with insurance to cover spectators , and safety barriers .

That being said , once again I'm sorry if anyone was disappointed or inconvenienced ..
      Next year , the insurance and safety barriers should be in place .
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 09-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

I agree this was a bunch of crap drove 3 hours Friday night and spent 150 for room just to watch it Saturday morning just to find out I couldn't get in so turned around and drove 3 more hours back home

I got the same "no spectators" at the gate, but after driving for 4 hours and sitting in downtown traffic for another hour to move just 4 miles I didn't wanna turn back! So I said "Bill said it was ok, Bill Howell." (see above post) He looked at the other guy and said "Bill's letting people in?!?" Then he was real pleasant to chat with and made me sign the waiver form and let me in. That was about 2:30 in the afternoon, so maybe that had something to do with it. Maybe it was because I have my "Street Rod Designs" stickers on the car, which he mentioned, and he thought I had business connections or something. Either way I feel bad you other guys didn't make it in...

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Any pro-touring members that showed up could get in by saying they were there to work . Just sign the waiver ..
      The event just wasn't open to the general public , like people who just happened to drive-by and want to stop .

Like I said , I'm sorry about this guys , I didn't now before hand .
      Next year it will open to spectators ..
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 09-17-2012 at 05:30 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com