Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Project Juggernaut

I thought I would start a thread about my projectan ex-cop car 1990 Crown Vic; Project Juggernaut.
      Originally I got the car for the drivetrain to put in into a ’89 notchback 4cylinder Mustang. But when I got it home I realized it was in better shape thanthe mustang. So I sent the mustang away, thinking I will grab a cheap 8cylinder mustang roller, and save me the trouble of converting the 4 cylindersuspension and etc. But I just never got around to it. In short, it hard to dosomething new with a mustang or camaro, but with a Crown Vic, everything almostis uncharted. I am not sure if that’s a good or bad thing. With it being basicallya four-door mustang, and having a full frame, I figured why not. So it’s an ex-cop car with the cop or heavy duty package. Which means it has posi,heavy duty springs, shocks, sway bars and 140 mph speedo. The car has a 351wand an AOD, part of the police package is the heavy duty oil and power steeringcooler, not the two row kind that you see on many cars but actual coolersmounted on the radiator support. It used to have A/C but I removed it, so thecurb weight is now in the low 3700lbs range, about the same as a modernmustang. Since getting the car I have added; 600cfm Holley, Edelbrock Performerintake, MSD coil, Ford Racing valve covers, BBK Chrome coated shorties for a351w swap into a mustang, these run into a 2.5” h-pipe again for a mustang,ending with Thrush turbo mufflers. Instead of the stock 2.73 gears, the 8.8 nowhas 3.73 gears, and the posi is still tight. My wheels are MB Wheels Oldschool’s 17x9.5 running Falken Ziex ZE-512 275/40/R17 all four corners. Thedoor chrome, LTD badges, and trim for a vinyl roof that the cop cars never camewith, and various holes for the light bar and spotlight have been filled. SoonI plan on painting it stain black for the time being.

At present I am working to tuckthe bumpers in until they are even with the plastic covers, and blend to makelook one piece and paint them satin black along with the trim and rest of car.Also I do not like the wheel gap, so I will clamp/cut the springs to lower, andthen once it’s worked out, buy the actual correct springs. There also aTrans-go shift kit that’s gathering dust in the garage that needs putting in.But cop vic’s have no manual 1st, they are valved that way, so I amgoing to install the right balls and valves, so I am working with the sameset-up as the kit was originally designed for.

Some near future plans are maybepull the engine this winter, and then since I removed A/C, get the “suitcase”off the firewall, and smooth. Clean up the engine bay, and while the engine isout heads and cam. Depending on money, I may just run a small cam and clean up,port and polish some E7TE’s I have laying around, and cut for larger valves. OrI might money up and grab a pair of Performer RPM’s with a roller cam. Kind ofdepends on how motivated I am to do other things on the car. I will look atdropping the engine lower and maybe back while its out. While it’s out, I willput a new oil pump, seals, and timing chain on just for cheap security. Alongthe same time I would like to grab late model Vic front and rear disc brakes.

Future and ultimate plans includea big-inch small block ford, with forced induction, six speed manual, revisingthe suspension and IRS out back. Also I would like to upgrade to 13”+ disc allfour corners. Then I would like to redo the interior. Basically the same as isnow, but better materials and some tweaks. My theme for this car is a true GTor Grand Touring car. So that means comfortable enough to drive across country,but a real beast at the track. Or AKA; Pro-Touring.
      Actually the above ideas are justa few of the multitudes of ideas I have, and inevitably include.
      I will post some pics of thehighlights of progress thus far.
      Combustion of all types are a mechanical symphony, but it is the primeordial roar of an v8 the stirs a mans savage soul.

Heres a couple pics of bring it home and cleaning it up
      Name:  The begining.JPG
Views: 1553
Size:  299.9 KB
      Name:  Cleaned.JPG
Views: 1390
Size:  251.3 KB

One of the engine and the BBK's after the have been on awhile
      Name:  Engine.JPG
Views: 1388
Size:  213.8 KB
      Name:  BBk's.JPG
Views: 1361
Size:  241.5 KB

Couple of the only real rust on it and its repair.
      Name:  Repair.JPG
Views: 1347
Size:  149.5 KB
      Name:  repair1.JPG
Views: 1342
Size:  188.5 KB

Quick photos of the new wheels and tires, seeing the light of day for the first time
      Name:  Wheels.JPG
Views: 1730
Size:  252.9 KB
      Name:  Wheels2.JPG
Views: 1349
Size:  184.0 KB

And a progression of the door chrome shave
      Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  121.1 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  125.9 KBName:  3.JPG
Views: 1320
Size:  130.2 KBName:  4.JPG
Views: 1323
Size:  130.8 KBName:  5.JPG
Views: 1315
Size:  128.2 KBName:  6.JPG
Views: 1295
Size:  130.4 KBName:  7.JPG
Views: 1370
Size:  132.4 KBName:  8.JPG
Views: 1321
Size:  138.1 KBName:  9.JPG
Views: 1316
Size:  135.6 KBName:  10.JPG
Views: 1309
Size:  139.6 KBName:  11.JPG
Views: 1305
Size:  116.3 KBName:  12.JPG
Views: 1322
Size:  121.3 KBName:  13.JPG
Views: 1314
Size:  115.2 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Combustion of all types are a mechanical symphony, but it is the primeordial roar of an v8 the stirs a mans savage soul.

No idea why the attachments, no harm I suppose

pretty interesting vehicle! does this mean ill be seeing you around at the Wichita region SCCA events?
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

WILWOOD, FORGELINE, RIDETECH

Thanks. I never thought of SCCA events, and didn’t know there was much activity in Wichita along those lines. But with the HD equipment and the 275’s, the old girl might do ok. I am game, if you like PM me some info.

Go back with the black and white theme and put a door shield on there "To Swerve and Protect" There was a member here several years back that was building a 70's Dodge sedan that had previously been a cop car and he was going to do a door shield that said that.
      Stephen

I am trying to get away from the whole cop identity. The redneck in me would have a fit. The first time I ever rode in the front of a cop car is when I drove this one home. And actually I think it never was painted black and white; it was a supervisors car from a small town here Kansas. It never had a cage, but did have the brackets for the computers and whatnot up front. So the interior is basically like you would get in a regular Vic.

You know your a car guy when you consider it a good day in the gargae, if you only catch fire once. LOL

More!!!!

Note to self—
      If cutting urethane with cut-off wheel, and it begins to splatter and melt, then gets stuck to fingertip, do not stick finger in mouth or it will then get stuck to tongue.

Been busy working on body mods, and normal maintenance. I don’t have any pics yet, but I have crunched the numbers and I am getting a 408 stroker for it this spring. So with that in mind and the satin black paint it will have soon, I am going to re-name the project “Hitman”. I will look into doing it “officially”, I assume I can contact a mod and get them to help me rename it, and post pictures of work soon.

Been awhile since I have been on here and updated this thread so here goes. The 408 didn’t work out this year, so…. I have been putting a couple hours here and there in on the car, but between, school, family and life, it’s been awhile since I accomplished anything. I did finish tucking the front bumper, and while at it shaving the antenna, and hood ornament. I cut the impact absorbers and moved the bumper in about 3”. Then I filled the trim holes and filled were the tag goes. After that I molded the plastic cover into it with fiberglass. I intend this winter pull fiberglass molds, and build the assembly out of fiberglass and save +-50lbs off of each end of the car. Now on to the rear bumper.
      Name:  0.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  129.3 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  131.7 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  115.7 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  155.4 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  157.4 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  139.0 KBName:  6.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  201.1 KBName:  7.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  84.6 KBName:  9.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  25.9 KBName:  10.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  42.7 KBName:  11.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  87.8 KBName:  12.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  62.7 KBNo more antennaName:  13.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  27.3 KB Hood ornament gone

That really makes the car look a lot cooler. Splitter next?
      Stephen

After I lower it, I planned on putting a functional splitter on it. I think it will look tough as nails, with a simple splitter on it.

Thanks man. I have read up on your falcon, and it’s an impressive build, and one of my favorites. I was settled on painting it satin black. But after seeing it in white primer, the contrast against the black grill and headlights, has me seriously reconsidering. I am actually kinda shocked how cool it looks white.

Love it bro.

very nice build!

1969 Mustang Coupe 392w Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by shockrod View Post
      Thanks man. I have read up on your falcon, and it’s an impressive build, and one of my favorites. I was settled on painting it satin black. But after seeing it in white primer, the contrast against the black grill and headlights, has me seriously reconsidering. I am actually kinda shocked how cool it looks white.
      Thanks bud! the white looks good. I have a white mustang with black wheels and I really like that look.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com