Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

SAN DIEGO AUTOCROSS Sept30 Oct20 Nov18

Next EVENTS for 2014 JULY 5,6,19,20 August 9,10,Sept 7th For Classing info go to TEXT 7(((((Dates listed in title of thread are from 2012....2013 schedule can be found at SDR-SCCA.com/solo2.Skip to 2013 text on this thread to see what is up to date
      Late 2013 I erased most all on this text.It was so old and out dated info.I just didn't want to waste peoples time reading it.

UPDATE! UPDATE! WE are going to have a Pro-Touring Class just for Sept 30 2012("PTX"is the class title) 200 Treadwear Tires street legal car .CAM is the Class now!

UPDATE 11/27/2012 most PT cars now run in SM a SCCA 4 seater class with lots of mods allowed class Now!, stock frame .UPDATE : middle of 2013 PT now run in class Street Unlimited(SU) Now "CAM" for Vintage Muscle cars 1978 and older

TEXT #7 is a quick break down of Official SCCA autocross classes,suiting muscle cars.

UPDATE:11/29/2013 DTM started SCCA SDR Street Modified Vintage rules Thread for discussion.

UPDATE 2014 :The SCCA has noticed the growing popularity of autocrossing street legal Vintage Muscle cars.So San Diego now has a local regional class "Classic American Muscle"1978 and OLDER no less then 3000LB no less then 200 tread ware tires can be used.

We hold our events at Qualcomm stadium ,San Diego.Things start happening at 7:30 am.Registration,Pick a work duty,which will be 30mins to more the a hour , Car Safety inspection,Course walk a must! Can all be done before 8:45am.Registration closes at 11:30.Cars start their runs at 9am.3 groups before lunch break then you can walk the course again.3 more groups after that.We also have a Novice class for your first three events if you choose too.If the class you choose to run in is running in the afternoon then 10:30am is the lastest you want to show up at the Q.

For more info check out our website SDR-SCCA.com/SOLO2 check out this video VIMEO.com/12067348 and others at SOLO2.com our site is (SDRSCCA.com the new one)

Any Questions?, I'm ready to answer them.. To Add.. At most of our events this year we had a saturday practice.That would be 45.00 and 9 plus laps.The track on sunday is run in the reverse direction with some turns changed.No Saturday practice for next three events.You can buy laps at 4 lap groups.And do laps at the end of the day for 2 dollars if we don't have a full day of enteries.

George, thanks for all the info on this, so all I do is show up with the Barracuda and some $$, correct? Don't sign up in advance?

So I have a question. I'm assuming both my Mustang and Trans Am would end up in CP. But what class would my stock '91 Miata end up in? It has 300 treadwear Yokohama s-drive tires. It does have a throttle body spacer, so it's not perfectly stock.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

TOMWHEELS That is correct.you show up with 20.00 to be a weekend member, Then you pay 30.00 to race 4 laps.And sign up for a work duty.You can buy 4 more laps also.sometime at a reduced price.When the Flyer is posted on our site,second 4 lap prices will be showen They are called "Xruns" .At San Diego Region SCCA we are made up of 5 different clubs .Each Club takes turns putting events on.Sometimes the club putting the event on for SCCA will reduce the price of the second set of 4 "Xruns".If all the runs that are paided for are done and it is before 3:30 pm.The club may offer laps for 2 dollars or 3laps for 5.00..For those that have been running 4 laps earlier.. "FUN RUNs"

Also important to walk the course.Many drivers walk it three times before their runs.You can walk it before 8:45 and at lunch break before 4th group.At sign up you will have to pic a Work assignment.That work assignment could last more then an hour. Fun Stuff.Picking up cones cars hit ,talking on Radio.etc.It's a club event every one puts in a CLUB effort .You don't have to be a member of one of the 5 clubs.

I haven't seen the Flyer for the event myself it should be posted soon at SDR-SCCA.com/solo2.

The only time you preregister with us at SAN DIEGO SCCA Qualcomm is for our Saturday practices..THERE ARE NO MORE OF THOSE THIS YEAR>2013 SCHEDULE WILL BE AT SDR-SCCA.COM/SOLO2

Name:  ESP page 001.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  144.0 KB
      In 2015 the AWD cars like Subaru moving from ESP class to ASP. Joining ZL-1 Camaro and GXP Pontiac,Z28,Maybe Hellcat Challenger there. Is still up for debate..There is no planned move yet.

Here's a quick break down of classes that relate to Mustangs, Camaros and CUDa and Falcon.& Nova,Corvair..

Muscle car SCCA classes in limited detail in the following
      F-STOCK FS or FSR (R=DOT race tire) you can change one Sway-bar for stock thats it" It's stock".any shock or Brake pad can be used.Stock seat, STREET TIRE 200 treadwear .Also a improved suspension Street Tire class. "STU" and suspension rules are very close to ESP rules ,but with wheel size restrictions.

E-Street Prepared(ESP is a popular class for muscle cars,I even posted the page for it) ESP=Bolt on for engine and suspension.also backdate update rules within bodystyle.example you can change and lower the springs ,,add or enlarge sway-bars.You can change 2 front control A arms only ,Not all 4.you can change rear uppers not lower, plus add Watts Link or Pan-Hard bar and Camber,Caster plates .LEAFSPRING CARS MUST STAY LEAFSPRING ,Some brake upgrades are allowed.But there are limits on Calipers.The motor can be any that was available in that Brand body gen production in most cases.Intake and exhaust manifolds&complete exhaust can be changed no turbos can be added.no head or cam changes. You can only have a cage that mounts to the interior floor in 6 places plus two forward bonus bars that attach to firewall not threw .Cage Not Requiered!Subframe connecters allowed but not cross braced ones,Those put you in CP.ESP must have full interior!

We have a Dodge Magnum wagon running regularly in ESP you can add to that class

C-Prepared CP-this is combined Class in San Diego to run against BP FP and XP cars And are equalized by a PAX INDEX ..CP has 2 seconds plus taken off it's time if laps are in mid 60 seconds.CP can be the slowest car in the P-1=XP,BP,FP,CP and win first place

Okay this is the class.CP Example any GM motor in any GM put a Chevy in a Pontiac,Buick You can build the motor but not add a turbo.You can build your own suspension or bolt on a 4-link when you had leafs before.Large brake rotors front and rear ,Fiberglass fenders&hood and trunk plus allowed.You can have a full cage through firewall.You can build your own front suspension even change the subframe but get 270lb or 300lb added to it's Minimum weight for aftermarket subframe .Minimum weight of a CP 5.1L V8 is 2700lb over 5.1L and your 3000lb plus. Interior like four seats is optional In CP.In ESP you must have interior including 4 seats .Tires in P1-XP,BP,CP,FP classes are anything goes Race Slicks, Dot 40 Treadwear or 200 or 140 treadwear..No CP cars currently running in San Diego So it's up to you guys to be our CP cars.XP,BP,FP we have( UPDATE 1/18/2014 if your into our New Vintage CAM class you can also do CP on any tire you want.)5/2014 we have a CP(SU) car now .Plus if you add Forced induction to a Tubeframed CP car your put in XP class I think.And live axle cars stay live axle.It Can Be A Serious Builders class.Very Much Like our Vintage CAM class.

Street Mod SM Any 4 seater that may have Turbos added.Engine swaping within brand. Factory lights and interior.Rear seat can be removed..Hood,Fenders and Trunk can be replaced with other material.Same cage spec rules as ESP and not required.(In 2013 this is where most of the PT cars were running) Engine can be built like in CP plus allows forced induction.Which you can't do in CP.You can replace the complete suspension.Stock frame mounts for suspension must be used .In CP you can strip mounts off the frame and build your own suspension.

For the Tuner Late Model cars like Shelby 500& BOSS,ZL-1 Camaro.They run in A-Stock on street tires.Next they can run in ESP more Mods to SM .For the Saleen S281E BSP or SM..for the Pontiac Firehawk 383 is BSP none 383 is ESP or SM,CP..Mustang Laguna Seca ESP or SM,CP...Camaro 2012+ZL-1 is AS,ASP,SM maybe CP.GXP Pontiac also but not CP

So "most" any street driven 4 seater Muscle car can run in ESP or SM.Including Stock cars, it's your choice IT's THAT SIMPLE

Our SCCA SOLO2 rule book is some 300 pages These are examples of the classes.(pages 80 to 115+ covers these classes.SCCA has been classing cars for 60 yrs.With time ,comes lots of details)Just pick a class that is most like your car.It is really up to the folks that run in your class whether your car is legal in class.They won't care if your car has 1 thing that isn't allowed in class.You might get advice to what might be best choice of class for you.The folks at registration can help you but they don't always know all the details of all the classes.Get a class most fitting for your car and ask question there.OR JUST RUN "X" WHICH is NO CLASS but you still need your class on the door.Or our San Diego No Rules Street Unlimited "SU" DOT Tire class.

JUST HAVE FUN! Socializing& racing with San Diego driving Enthusiasts

For online rule book :SCCA.com/Solo click: Car rules and classification

To truly build a car to meet one of these classes That's National Competitive.You really need to read the SCCA SOLO rule & Class book.Information here will give you a start in that.But there is enough info here to get you in a class without further waiting.No NEED TO WAIT!.. Go to your nearest SCCA autocross and run this weekend!

Any questions I can probably answer also you can contact Doug Gill SCCA SOLO Competition management.He is expecting your calls.
      I hope this cheat sheet to the rule book helps some..

Sometimes The class that allows more mods doesn't have faster times then cars that are close to stock.So moving up a class isn't such a bad thing.

Some say I might chip my paint...:(Answer: BLUE TAPE..on your fenders add a little cardboard under it if you want.We have had Lamborghini and Audi Super cars R8 that look good in Blue Tape.

If my car is back together I will be there on the 30th

ill be there to watch as my car won't be ready by then looks like ill end up in the CP class when she's all done up
      -Blake
      yellow 72 nova in San Diego

Thank You for repling Blake.It would be nice to see that Nova run with us.There is a Nova down the street from me that has flared fenders no motor just waitingfor a Pro-Touring make over.

Blake you show up our event and I'll get you a ride in one of the cars running.

Bryce's Falcon could be in CP to.who will be faster the Falcon or Nova?

Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post
      Thank You for repling Blake.It would be nice to see that Nova run with us.There is a Nova down the street from me that has flared fenders no motor just waitingfor a Pro-Touring make over.

Blake you show up our event and I'll get you a ride in one of the cars running.

Bryce's Falcon could be in CP to.who will be faster the Falcon or Nova?
      thanks appreciate it

prolly the falcon right now lol my car is my daily driver atm but i got a mountain of parts in the garage waiting for her

main thing thats putting me in CP is the 4 link and the brakes

you mentioned no turbo in CP what about a supercharger? or is it just no power adders?

any rules for aftermarket seats? like FIA aproved or w/e?

another question say i ditch the 4link and keep leafs could i run front coilvers and tubular a-arms in ESP? also what if my brakes are aftermarket but aren't larger than the factory discs? still got drums in back
      -Blake

Only turbos or superchargers allowed in CP would be on a v6 or 4. example Thunderbird V6 SC or 4 cyl turbo mustang..you might be able to use these in a 67 mustang. with a 2550 minimum weight a 302 and it's 2700 to3000Lbs Supercharged V8 with a Leafspring swap to 4-Link or IRS would put you in XP better to be in BP that might be possible to.

Seats.Good question.Stock class has to use stock seats.After that you can use racing seats for cars Not Go-Kart racing seats.Yes it has been done ,they are light.It took two years to band them

If you are running your 72 Nova in just our local events I think you can get away with changing the front control arms.It my not be legal in ESP though.Also in ESP I think you have to use stock brake calipers/Stock size brake rotors but they can be drilled and grooved.Add rear disc when it wasn't a factory option is also a no...( Update I've read that drums can be changed to disc if rotor fits in drum,Also you have a choice of changing the front upper control arm or the the bottom but not both,Goodtime to read the current rule book).

I almost forgot I talked to the San Diego SCCA Chairman to day.He wants a Pro-Touring Class for Sept 30 we will probably call it Pro-Touring X" PTX" 200 treadwear tire" street cars" any suspension.brakes,engine. You will have to register by phone for this PTX class only.I will show the phone # as soon as our Flyer is out.THIS IS FOR EVERY PT autocrosser

That sounds great, love the idea of a pro-touring class!

I'm glade you like it Tom.. I wrote the rules in the beginning of the tread.I also added that if a "PTX" car shows up on stickier the 200 treadwear tires they will be bumped to SM or CP in P1 combined.We plan to have the P1-XP,BP,CP,FP run the same time as PTX.So if we bump a guy he still will run at time of PTX.Some of you PTX guys might want to run sticky tires.This way you still run together and it is as fare as we can make it.It's the SCCA way..LOL I know Greg has Hoosier 40 treadwear tires for his camaro.

Once my car is on the road, you will see me. It's exciting to see the interest in Pro-touring grow.

If your car isn't ready by Sept 30 Come down anyway Speak to me George P or Scott Lewis.BTW Scott might be at the El Cajon car show tonight.He use to show a orange Impala there. He sold recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomswheels View Post
      That sounds great, love the idea of a pro-touring class!
      yea that does sound nice
      -Blake

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com