Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Name:  brett.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  41.2 KB Someone bring a challenger for Brett. This Mustang has ran in SM class, CP class .Now our local Street Unlimited Class . Has 1st placed in all..CP full time next year.This is our fastest Muscle car in San Diego Probably a top 4 out of our 200 entries per event. SCCA Autocross has Racing Classes for Muscle cars and has for many many years.From stock and several classes up to this one.ESP class is like a middle class between Stock and what you see in the picture here,Yes stock cars can run in ESP.

Name:  TART Course for weekend.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  27.5 KBHere's a photo of Todays practice course.On Sunday it will be done in the opposite direction.With a few changes added .83 of a MILE with 40ft of elevation change
      Go to FACEBOOK "San Diego SCCA AUTOCROSS" for more info or ask here

Name:  sunday.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  28.0 KB

Sundays course in opposite direction from Saturday.Notice the other changes.

LOOKS FUN!

Name:  Breett with 315s.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  47.2 KB9458[/ATTACH]Name:  P1010565.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  236.1 KBName:  P1010563.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  239.1 KBName:  P1010568.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  330.6 KBWE had a great turnout for our first SDR SCCA event of the year.186 enteries!Several first timers.The ones that get noticed drive what you don't see on the road much anymore.Like 1st and 2nd gen Camaros or a 1970 GTO Pontiac.At 1st events of the year you get to see what your fellow racers have been working on during the off season.Some of our Vintage Muscle car drivers using CAM for the first time .Also Brett's 1999 Mustang after it's upgrades.It's run as a SM,then a SU so is it CP next?It was the Fastest V8 at the Q. So Is there anyone else with room for 315 Hoosiers and V8 powered that could challenge him? Hmmm..

Next event 15th and 16th 45.00 for Saturday practice "Mail in signup filling fast 80 driver limit",,You can divide that in half and share the laps with a co driver.Add 15.00 for insurance for Co Driver. Sunday 30.00.. add 20.00 for the weekend membership if not a member of SCCA.

Looks like Mark GRA is signed up for Saturdays practice group B.ANYONE ELSE?

CAM and SM run in the morning.7:30am is a goodtime to be there Sunday, ESP and CP run afternoon so 10:30am is a goodtime to show up
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  001.jpg
Size:  151.7 KBResults are out So here they are.I moved Brett to his Dream spot.. The classes that allow a lot of mods had a big turn out this event.CAM wasn't the largest SMF was.A guy in ESP had you beat Brett.You know there is a few seconds more out of the Stang.

I don't think friends I bring to the event will ask me ,"Is this a Import event" anymore.We had a good mix of all kinds of fun cars to drive at the event.

Brett I'm wondering if Brian's XP was scuffing in new Hoosiers.Peter was close to his lap time.

I had a 95dB DQ, oops. I was the loudest car tho.... Good job everyone, we almost had the largest group there.

Just 2 DBs try some insulated or baffled tail pipes.Rick Perry ran Super Trapps on his 66 Vett.I've been using a cheap 24.00 Baffled tail pipe from PEP BOYs.After putting in the 13B. Same exhaust and Dellorto Carb that was on my 12A.I went from 88DBs to 93.5 at 3 events.The tail pipe knocks it back to 87db.It's a quick fix when I need it.A insulated tail pipe might be all I need to keep it under 93db.But when I have the Holley 600 Tuned for the Rotary I know it will be 3 db louder maybe more.The 750 was real loud but to much CARB for my stock porting.

(93 db limit at 50 ft is San Diego SCCA agreement for use of the stadium.)
      Next event is next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      I had a 95dB DQ, oops. I was the loudest car tho.... Good job everyone, we almost had the largest group there.

Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post
      Name:  001.jpg
Size:  151.7 KBResults are out So here they are.I moved Brett to his Dream spot.. The classes that allow a lot of mods had a big turn out this event.CAM wasn't the largest SMF was.A guy in ESP had you beat Brett.You know there is a few seconds more out of the Stang.

I don't think friends I bring to the event will ask me ,"Is this a Import event" anymore.We had a good mix of all kinds of fun cars to drive at the event.

Brett I'm wondering if Brian's XP was scuffing in new Hoosiers.Peter was close to his lap time.
      I still pax'd 39th overall with SU's terrible PAX index. Don't worry George I'm only going to get faster and faster and by next year when i do plan on jumping into the P1 battle, it's going to be a good fight, lots to do in the mean time though ;).

As far as Peter and Brian go, Peter was on r-comps this event not street tires. So it makes sense that he was so close to beating Brian, that car was faster than everyone in SM by 2 seconds on street tire, let alone now he's on r-comps haha.
      BTM AutoSport
      #99 '99 Roush Stage II - CP

Brett,
      I'm just curious why your still in SU after we all left. BTW congrats on your first there, but you would have gotten first in SM too. Is there a reason why your not in SM or XP? I figured your wing keeps you out of CP but like George said take the wing off and your in the fight for top pax if that matters to you. I think if I had your car I would try to fit it into SM. Lots of competition and its fast enough to win. Maybe you have another angle I'm not seeing or you don't care where the car lands as long as you can mod it to your hearts content.
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

Quote Originally Posted by alcino View Post
      Brett,
      I'm just curious why your still in SU after we all left. BTW congrats on your first there, but you would have gotten first in SM too. Is there a reason why your not in SM or XP? I figured your wing keeps you out of CP but like George said take the wing off and your in the fight for top pax if that matters to you. I think if I had your car I would try to fit it into SM. Lots of competition and its fast enough to win. Maybe you have another angle I'm not seeing or you don't care where the car lands as long as you can mod it to your hearts content.
      The interior is gutted. I ran SM last year since it still had all of the interior weight still. Not to mention I was taking a lot of flak last year for mods on the car that were not legal in that class. SU, I have free range and CP I only have a couple of easy modifications to do and that's it.
      BTM AutoSport

See you all in the morning!

BTM AutoSport

Watching the optima battery Street Car invitational on MAV TV today .I saw our local Matt A. driving his 69 Camaro several times.That was cool.

Results of our last SCCA San Diego event are now posted at sdr-scca.com

we had 206 entries

next event March 15,16

A DB limit of 93DB 50ft from course will be inforced with DQs.

Oh BTW the IROUSH BTM Mustang is having it's wings clipped to run CP for the San Diego SCCA SOLO2 National Tour.

Big race weekend,F1 starts ,Then 12 hours of Sebring,,And we race Autocross at Qualcomm Stadium.. San Diego.. So bring out the race cars.Prepare for coming events!

The Good Guys April event is coming and so is Our Big Event.The SOLO2 Tour.Both these events are the same weekend.We have some that might do the double.BOTH! in one weekend.

Result from last event are now posted.209 entries that event.And there was time for FUN RUNS!Thanks to the efforts of the SCAT club.Next event is next weekend March 29,30

I know we have some GG racers doing Saturday practice.GG Del Mar and our SCCA SOLO2 National Tour is the following weekend.

Saturday pre-signup most likely is full.Sunday March 30 is open to anyone who shows up early.7:30 am for morning runs.no later then 10:00am for afternoon runs.

For more info and classing schedule go to SDR-SCCA.com/SOLO2

WOW! 16 CP class cars are signed up for the Texas College Station,SCCA SOLO2 National Tour.Half of that would be amazing for our event.Our 93 DB limit is a no deal for some.

Our Regional Class "CAM" is 78 and older.WE have had a78 and older CAM group of cars for last 24 months 8 plus cars.almost every event.

June 1st will be our next event. more info at THread "SCCA EVENTs in San Diego"

Plenty of classing info at TEXT 7 this thread.Your not required to be in a competition class.Just know your Class and run "X" with it .X means not running in class..But being in a COMPETITION CLASS is a lot more fun.Just knowing what your matched up too is fun.. TEXT 1 for first event info.

30.00 to run on sunday ,45.00 for a Saturday practice..20.00 for trial weekend membership that can be part of full membership payment your next event .

Up coming events

July 5th.6th,19th,20th 19,20 dates cancelled replaced with the 27th of july

Aug 9th 10th

sdrscca.com

Saturdays are pre-signup a week plus in advance Practice events.What you get is 45.00$ 8 plus laps in 1.5 hrs time.Sunday is at event day signup.4-60sec. laps .. then 3 laps for 5.00 if competition laps end by 4pm. for practice signup go to sdrscca.com autocross schedule,,," You do work at these events every one does"!.

Name:  STU Camaro.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  32.4 KBName:  P1010624.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  280.0 KBName:  10373607_480414535429144_239140815389646205_n.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  40.7 KBName:  Tom K Mustang.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  29.0 KBName:  P1010474.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  283.8 KBName:  Ben EDD ESP.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  59.9 KB
      June 1st will be our next event. more info at THread "SCCA in San Diego"

Plenty of classing info at TEXT 7 this thread.Your not required to be in a competition class , No Class "X" is all you need to run.But being in a COMPETITION CLASS is a lot more fun.Just knowing what your matched up too is fun.. TEXT 1 for first event info.

30.00 to run on sunday 20.00 for trial weekend membership that can be part of full membership payment your next event .
      4 days of events this July and 2 in August... sdrscca.com for info also Facebook San Diego SCCA Autocross...I'm suggesting if you have a 1979 or newer Mustang ,Camaro ,Cuda ETC Muscle Car.Run in E-Street Prepared class(ESP) even if your stock.It's a class little used in SD.It really favors Muscle cars the best that aren't extreme builds. That's when SM or CP classes come in.Read the classing info on TEXT 7 this thread..You can think of ESP as 4 seater Late Model CAM Limited with more tire options.SM,CP could be Late Model CAM unlimited with some midsize plus imports mixed in ESP,.All 3 National Classes//even STU class.

I'll answer questions here or take phone calls to help out.Private message also...Our Vintage CAM is 1978 and older class.It's unlimited in it's rules pretty much.So Vintage cars can run CAM or choose not to. It's up to you .Vintage CAM in San Diego has stayed pretty competitive and entertaining. So who's next for monthly even twice a month autocross.?

The Orange ESP Classed BOSS,The L stands for ladies class.Ladies don't have to run against the men if they don't want to. THe Blue BOSS is A-Stock..We Give you Classing choices so you can find your Competitive edge ,Standard stock GT would be FS..in ESP,, FS and AS classed Mustangs are joined together..AH! Wheres the Camaros.Challengers and Impalas

Another San Diego SCCA autocross is just a week away.Our last one was June 1st.It's hard to go a full month without autocross.I'm so glade I was able to take part in the Hotchkis /RACING BYRDs autocross in Fontana last weekend.It was goodtimes and I was able to avoid the Autocross dry spell.It was the first time I've seen more then one 5th Gen Camaro at a Autocross.Nice to see so many!

july 5,6 on south east side of stadium.BMW Club has the west side for their event

For July 5th and 6th we will be on the South East side of Qualcomm Stadium..The San Diego BMW club will have the West side

Name:  flyer july27 pro-touring 001.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  152.9 KB
      Name:  brett.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  41.2 KB Someone bring a challenger for Brett. This Mustang has ran in SM class, CP class .Now our local Street Unlimited Class . Has 1st placed in all..CP full time next year.This is our fastest Muscle car in San Diego Probably a top 4 out of our 200 entries per event. SCCA Autocross has Racing Classes for Muscle cars and has for many many years.From stock and several classes up to this one.ESP class is like a middle class between Stock and what you see in the picture here,Yes stock cars can run in ESP.
      Our July 19,20 event has been cancelled do to Q stadium over scheduling.Replacement date set for July 27th...sdrscca.com "Autocross" For days schedule. First timer info TEXT 1 and classing info TEXT 7 this thread.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com