Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Some pics From our Facebook and some that I took.. The Roadrunner,Scion, Civic picture Reminds me of the Cartoon "Cars"..The Silver Maroon Rice Burner ah thats me.Only pics of Meat and Potatoe Cars For now on I promise....LOL I've added pics to past text 109,130 so look back. It took this long to figure how to post pics here...I'm no expert at this stuff More pics at Facebook "San Diego SCCA Autocross" and Lateapexphoto.com

Lets start hearing from those who are coming.Dec 9th
      Attached Images Attached Images          

George next time crop the fat guy out the car pictures!

My engine trans and car are still seperated. UGGH.

Isn't that Goldburg.with a wig

George, isnt that you in the background. You look kinda small.

I always suck it in when cameras are around...LOL

If putting your engine in is all you need to do to run it..Then do it..We can pull and put it in again for the January event with the New parts.Your not waiting for some crazy clear acrylic bell housing with LED lights in it are you.?...LOL

3 days till next Autocross..Anyone new running Dec 9th? FREE TO WATCH! Qualcomm Stadium San Diego 9 to 5

George, I have been frantically working on the car, but hit a snag Wednesday with the Wilwood brakes in the rear. They are shipping me the parts to fix it, but won't be here until Monday. Looks like I'll be a day late for this one. Planning for Feb 3rd now!

Charles

Ooooh Charles she's looking good!

George - I should be there tomorrow. Still dealing with a couple issues but the car is together at least so I'll come have some fun!

G.

Good to see someone post a pic here Charles.. It will be nice to see the 70 Camaro run in Febuarary. And it isn't just a FEB 3rd it's Febuary 2nd and 3rd.A 45.00 practice day.(9ish laps in 1.5 hour groups.)on Saturday 4 groups total.. On sunday competition day 6 groups ,The track is run in the opposite direction.With both ends of the track changed.

( you preregister for saturday practice,You print app. and mail in)

Glade you'll make it Gregg.You make it 6 that I know are coming from Pro-Touring.com..Could be more from the GG event For our dec 9th event.

I'll be there at 7:30, I need my morning exersize of walking the track 3 times.adding up to maybe 2.5 miles.or less

I will stop by on my way home from work. what time are you running?

Another Fun day at Qualcomm Stadium. SDR TART SCCA had a great fun track waiting for everyone to race on.Starting from the high point in the lot .First turn was a off camber right 180. Then up and then down the hill.Then a short up hill and down. Then back up the hill to finish.More turns then I can go into detail with...

Gregg B tried it with us for the first time . I think he's hooked now....LOL

The pic with lime green cones is the starting line ...In one of the pics he has come up and out of the 180 off camber turn and is now on his way down the hill.

I would say Tylor was most improved driver of the day.No longer 5 to 10 seconds behind.Rich taking fastest time with the PT group running SM with a 58.??? Tom also 58.??? Mark 59.??Tylor 61.?? So Times are alot closer then last time.

Gregg B Running SU-X put in 16 laps.First lap a 58 I think near the end he was 55s then 54s best run 53.3 I think.

Sorry For some of you that didn't get all your runs.Alcino broke in gride .and in 6th group a oil cooler was torn loose from a formula car and oiled down the track.Probably the 2nd time I know of the event ending before 6th group finished.To much mess and to late.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

FYI, I got the car running and was able to drive to work this morning with no issues. It took a few hours of tearing apart the interior and engine bay but I eventually found my electrical gremlin late last night. Ended up being the main power pin in the big connector going into the fusebox was all corroded. Once I cleaned it up and added dielectric grease all the electronic came to life and the car is once again operational. Funny how my little pin decided to quit just when I was about to take my first run. I had been waiting all month to autox and telling everyone about it and how I couldn't wait to test my new panhard bar. Oh well, next time. Thanks for all the help everyone lent me, especially Tom. I'm signing up for AAA today, LOL.
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

No worries Alcino, glad the wife forcing me to sign up for AAA helped out. I actually did use it 4 times this year with my old car addiction so I guess it makes sense. Glad you found the problem fairly easily. Great job to Mark, Greg, Rich, and Tyler, you guys all drove really well, you should be proud of how you are changing the old American cars autocross reputation!

Sorry I missed it guys, but I'm glad you all had a good time.

I got stuck at work all day. Sorry I didnt get to watch. looked like fun.

So Tom did you learn your lessen? "Not to put sticky tires in the front and rocks in the rear"When I watch you come up the course .All I saw was smoke...LOL I thought you had blown your motor and was tring to get off the track.That was the perfect tire choice for donuts not autocross...

Curious about the Cuda. I don't think you plan on changing spring and torsion bars.Any way of doing mini air bags in the front.To firm it up.Some people event take those half leaf booster springs and mount them on the front half of the leafs.It firms them up and reduces wheel hop.Better then using bolt on control arms.They bind during yaw.I'm no engineer just what I've seen and heard.Oh a good set of shocks.The ones I use where 125.00 each 20 years ago.Yes I'm do for some new ones.

What a great day! After months of prompting, I finally managed to make it out to the local SCCA meet. Under George's watchful eye, I got there early Sunday morning. As I pulled through the gate there was George waving frantically from the pit area to come park. Never was there a bigger advocate for the PT community who doesn't actually own a PT vehicle! George guided me through the signup process where I purchased my runs for the day, helped me sticker up the car with numbers and then we walked the track together a couple of times.

I worked the first run group which gave me the opportunity to see how things ran and watch how the seasoned folks attack the track (and dust it off too). From there I ran 4 runs in each of the next 4 run groups through mid afternoon. The track layout was a blast with a little of everything including some elevation change which was cool. Some gates, small slalom, narrowing turn-in. Challenging but fast - a solid 2nd gear track for me. Data recorded says 0.6mile track with 40ft elevation change, 77mph peak and 37mph average! Fun!

I had made some changes to the throttle and also the brake bias the previous day, combined with the unknown track, I had to keep myself in check the first few runs. Wow! The car felt great! Little loose in the back but a couple quick adjustments to the ridetech triple shocks dialed that out very quick and the car stuck like glue all day. I had decided ahead of time that I was going to concentrate my efforts on driver improvement throughout the day and not fuss with the car so I left the adjustments at that.

George pretty much summed it up - 58sec out of the box and 16runs to sneak up on 53sec and with only 2 cones all day. I didn't set any records but I like to think I showed a few little rice-cars a thing or two AND I was on 200tw tires unlike many. Next time I'm putting the RA1's down! I was truly stoked with the car and the day.

I met some great, very welcoming people. The event was very professional, organised & safely run. Many people were extremely enthusiastic of the "old car" and wanted to know more. I gave rides to those who asked. Even George jumped in - he got very quiet toward the bottom of the coarse - I think he might have been praying, I'm not sure lol.

So all-in-all, I had a great day and feel I definitely got my money's worth ($20/4-runs). Met a lot of great people. I'm going to point out George (soloracerSD) one more time. George was constantly vigilent and if anything pre 1980 even looked like it was coming through the front gate, he was on it like white on rice! If anyone was heard to ask a question about the car, George was usually in earshot and made sure they got to see the ProTour sticker in the rear window and that they knew there was a community of people resurrecting these old cars to participate in these types of events. Thanks for being part of the community George and making sure our folks are taken care of and made aware of the SCCA opportunities in SoCal.

I WILL be helping to rally the SoCal usual suspects in to one or more of these events early 2013.

A great day - BIG thanks to George & everyone involved.
      G.

^ That's fantastic Gregg! Really happy the car (& driver combo, lol) was working well. George sounds like a great guy too. I'll head down w you one of these days...
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Hey guys, sorry no posts on here for awhile. I told Pro-Touring to notify me of new posts in this thread, but it hasn't, so I've missed out in a lot of conversation it seems. In any case, great to see you guys coming out each month, if not the same cars.

With this 2 month hiatus, I hope you guys can get your cars in order and also think about what the future of your involvement in the SCCA San Diego Region will look like. I know Tom has posted in the SCCA SDR forum about getting your own class and I want to do what I can help that happen, so let me know where you guys are at in that respects. Our next Board Meeting is on January 7th!
      -Hank

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com