Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Seems like we've got it pretty fleshed out, I like the 7:30 meeting on Saturday morning. We can use my truck and the Road Runner as the rally point again so we can all find each other easily, I'll get there about 7ish.

Okay a little update or reminder of this saturday.Oct 20

We are running on the South East Lot. so enter Stadium and turn left.The West Lot where we raced Sept 30 is having the San Diego Porsche Club autocross.On sunday in the lot we are using.The San Diego Karting Club will be using.So Qualcomm is a race track to a lot of us.

In competition classes there are rules different then Xs which is what we used before AM-X.We used it as competition though.Anyway there is no riding or driving in a run group before 3rd group PT's run group.There are no passengers allowed.These are competition rules.The only passengers allowed in Trophy run classes are instructors.If you have one they will put a BRIGHT YELLOW "INSTRUCTOR" magnetic sign on your car.This is so no one will tell you to remove your passenger.There is also no changing of driver in PT.5 cars running as PT are needed to qualify for trophy.

Walk the track as many times as you can.Saturday morning early is the only chance you get before PT runs. Doing a Novice walk is still a good idea.7:30 is a good time to be there.There will be a drivers meeting that will take up some time too..

To add: Photographer Larry H. from lateapexphoto.com will be taking pics of the autocrossing events

Hey guys, sorry to say I won't make it. One of my connecting rods decided it didn't want to be in the motor anymore while I was testing at Buttonwillow yesterday. Pretty cool. I'll link some pictures later! Have fun tomorrow and speed safe!

To add to class discussion.The more that we can relate to what is used in SCCA rule book the better.The Formula used now for engines vs weight in SM is.A RWD car starts at 1800lbs+(200 x liters)=weight of car
      turboed cars add1.4 to Liters.Cars using 275 or less in tire width drop 200lbs.A 5 liter car would be
      2800-200=2600 if on 275s

WE twick 200 to 260
      1800lbs+(260 x liters)=weight of car

2800+(260 x 5)=3100-200=2900 5liter on 275s Bryce and Alcinos Mustangs

2800+(260 x6.2)=3412lbs Dan's Roadrunner

2800+(260X(5+1.4)=3464lbs this is with 5 liter turbo , 52mm restrictor maybe SCCA requiered
      I heard turbos aren't restricted in SM

This closely matches what I predicted earlier, but in SM no car has to weigh over 3100.We don't have a cut off,well maybe 3500.It will help keep the Chevelles and Roadrunners ,El Caminos.and pickups in the game.

In SCCA classes "CP" 5.Liters are 2700lbs in SM 2800lbs to 2600lbs in PT 3100lbs to 2900lbs.
      In CP over 5.1 is 3000lbs minimum no less

SCCA SM AWD 1800lbs +(300lb x (liters +1.4 for turbo)=car weight, A 2006 Mitsu EVO is 2820lbs........ On 275s you drop 200lbs=2620lb Go to our FACEBOOK and see the ORANGE One that races with us.
      How about a BMW M3?..Ouch!

Good event! But I found out bad news about future events on the WEST LOT.The big lot on the sloping hill everyone likes.The Stadium has least it out for every weekend next year.It will be "OPEN AIR MARKET".I got the word when we were doing FUN RUNS.Are we going to get to use that lot at all next year? I don't know..I saw a map that showed lower half for Market parking.
      We have 2 more events this year.On the WEST LOT..So Enjoy it now. I was stunned!

Check SDR-SCCA.com/solo2 for scheduling.Nov 18,Dec 9th look for SM class

If your looking for more Active Car Events in San Diego? Try

sdclubracing.com They run 2 SDR- SCCA autocross events as a group, then 2 drag racing events,then 2 gymkhona.You pay in and get cash in your hand at end of year.They are taking signups now.They have a hard tire rule.Justin is the MC

Oh man, that's no good.

Had a great time getting back to the cones. Nice meeting everyone and the course was really cool for an east lot. Will try to make the last events of the year so I can experience the west lot too before it maybe gone. Lol.
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

Are the weights given above with or without the driver?

Just for reference, here's how my Trans Am and Mustang would fit into your formula. (Make sure you use 1800, not 2800lbs!)

1800+(6.6*260)-200=3316

With half a tank of gas and no driver, the Trans Am weighs 3470

1800+(5*260)-200=2900

With half a tank of gas, no driver and no tire kit, the Mustang weighs 3150
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Yes thats correct Brett 3470 -3316=154 thats the weight you can drop.Weights are without driver,in F1 it is with driver.Fuel can be Ballast.Cars can be weight after last lap before parked.Not something we need to do every event.It's more of a issue with less then and 5 liter cars.This formula will keep people from stripping down their cars for weight.Cars like Fairlanes, El Caminos,Chevelles,Roadrunners will have to if they want to take advantage of it.Taking weight out is a option you don't have to.It's the best compromize I can think of to keep bigger cars competitive.Half the cars that have run with us have been the big cars.

Also I was thinking of having PT cars run in SM(STREET MODIFIED) for rest of year.Rules are similer to our PT.(Whats Different? SM Cars are RWD&AWD and 4 seater any year,Big wings and splitters and lighter on 40 treadwear DOT race tires) So I can see who is interested in doing PT.Only 2 cars showed that planned to run PT last event.And 2 others having cars to run PT but didn't meet spec so they all ran SM.We can put PT on the shelf until I see a regular turnout that agree on BUILD RULES.I've been picking the run group that SM runs for a reason.Some PT cars can stay in SM some in PT even CP and run at sametime.But separate trophy.There is even SU if you dare..

It was a saturday and it looked like rain was coming.It was a low turn out overall for SDR SCCA. It made for Plenty of "Fun Runs!".Richard probably did more then 13 laps for the 45.00(30+5+5+5) he spent as a SCCA member.

LAPS were 3 for 5.00 at end of day"FUN RUNS". Richard worked that Mustang over! WOW!The smell of brake pads..And he bettered Alcino's winning laptime,BTW go to FACEBOOK San Diego SCCA AUTOCROSS to see some pics

Congrats to Alcino for winning SM class!.I think by 1.5 of a second

He will be getting a Trophy.If you run in a Official SCCA class you get a trophy if 3 cars run in a class but it takes I think 6 to get a 2nd place trophy.Group/Club Class like PT, because it isn't an official class ,you get a trophy only if there are 5 in class.And that is if the event host club wants to.Incentive to get more cars involved to make it worth the effort.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Check out this video "SPEEDWAY Motors 2012 SCCA SOLO2 National Championship Music Video" on youtube.com if you pause it you will see SM,XP many CP class cars and some familiar faces from Good Guy events.

.Soon picks of Oct 20 event will be posted at lateapexphoto.com

UPDATE Results are now up at sdr-scca.com/solo2 It shows the low turn out of 119 entries.Thats why there was alot of "Fun Run" time it's your choice X Runs early or "Fun Runs " later

OKAY! It's little more then 2 weeks from next SDR SCCA SOLO2 autocross.NOV.18
      The Pro-Touring,SM, P1=(XP,BP,CP,FP) and SU cars will be running in 4th group working 6th.YES! just like the Sept30 event and on same lot.

If I get enough PT cars responding to this text.that have a 74 or older or 74 and newer using same platform as 74 .That are 4 seat V8 Americam made cars.That have working glass windows and all working traffic lights, plus interior ,rear seat optional.Any Engine and turbo And brakes are unrestricted.Frame MODs OPEN but resembling a stock frame.Only a six point mounted interior cage allowed and a bolt in support frame in engine compartment allowed both optional. (NOT TUBE FRAME Bumper to Bumper and passing through fire wall etc...That would put you in SU, CP or XP).ALL on 200 TREADWEAR. I'll then orginize a class for that sunday

I know we have a few planning to run in SM so if you have tires softer then 200TW run SM , I know some want PT which could be labeled as AM-X.It's still early and I'll bring up PT to the hosting SCCA SCNAX club chairmen Warren, When I get enough response.Your other class choices are SM,XP,BP,CP and SU all running at same time as PT.Then FS ESP and STU run 6th and work 5th.So a lot of classes to pick from. Any Questions?

There will be 150 plus entries running other classes then these I listed.

BTW Good Guys Autocross event is a week after this one.Running your car hard for 4 laps plus would be a good test for it.Also next year we won't have full use of this large lot with it's sloping hill.Autocrossers have travelled hundreds of miles just to do 6 laps here.FACTED! the SCCA Solo 2 National Tour

Time to let me know your interested Muscle Car Autocrossers!. So that there is a PT class, or you have 7 other classes to choose from

MARK G with the 66 Chevelle that ran with us Oct 20! you out there?
      We also have a Class for that C-10 Hell Boy or it's brother.SU "Street Unlimited" for a No Limits Machine... ON DOT tires

Any make and year of car are invited to run in the SCCA Solo 2 autocross events

George, the Barracuda will be there, as should Rich's 69 Mustang.

I will be there without my car. I am still waiting on parts. I will bring my daughter with me get her trained early.

Good Guys Scottsdale that weekend. If I do anything, it'll be that.

Bryce Glade your coming..Is the white Mustang yours to drive?..What about John and his Nova.

It would be nice to see if Mark comes out with his 66 Chevelle.I told him to join us here but haven't heard from him.

Oh DAN what about Dec 9th? thats our last event of the year.

I'll have to see how the budget looks.

Pictures of the Oct 20 event are now up at Lateapexphoto.com Some close ups of Tom and the Cuda. a couple of the 66 Chevelle,66 Vett BP,,F5Cobra.Alcinos Mustang Cobra..And Richard's Mustang is killing a cone in one pic...Plus 100 other cars.You can spot the race class of cars by looking for it on the door. Like I wrote earlier it was a low turn out 119 total.

.You can order coffee cups with photos to.

Well, even with the thrashing to finish my car it is not quite done. I will be planning on the December 9th event. It was a pleasure getting to meet Tom, Rich, and Mark at the last event.

I should be out there with the fairlane this weekend. What time do we need to be out there?

The pics were cool George. Thanks for the link. Its funny to see all the body roll my car has. I think I need to reduce that. I can't make the November date since I got plans for the afternoon. probably could had done it if it was a morning deal like October. December looks good so far.
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com