Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Im trying to make the 17th, but that window is diminishing.

It will be good to see you at the track again Bryce..We may have a new regular in ADAM. Already a SCCA member (If I remember correctly).A great looking 71 Charger.

The event will be put on by SDAD SCCA on the west lot Qualcomm.Sounds like a fun maybe fast track already.

Dan W has started another thread,It pretty much is SCCA SM class word for word.It's made it easy for many PT racers to read the SCCA class that fits most pro-touring cars.Not for everyone that is never easy.THe SCCA offers many classes for the same car.You just pick the mod package you like best.Or create a bigger group by FS,STX,ESP classes all running in SM at your local SCCA event.For SCCA classes from stock to super heavily modified would be(allowing muscle cars)

FS STX ESP SM CP XP most would say just FS ESP SM CP

For there to be a PT class in San Diego.A good number of cars need to appear regularly from now to june.Then talks about it.Agree on class build rules.No need to ask for it if there isn't.Keep the cars coming for a SDR Board meeting vote no later then September.

For further chat on this.Respond at Dan's DTM RACING SM-V thread ..

We like seeing the cars you bring to our events. Look forward to seeing more!

A shout out to MATT A ...One of our members invited to optima battery Ultimate street car Challenge So best to your efforts.TOM and Rich are there too.

It's been really quite around here...Who could we be seeing at our next event.

Lately around town I've seen some shiny vintage muscle cars,a 55 chevy a red 68 cougar some others.I think people are prepping their cars for GOOD GUYS Del Mar,,Maybe even our event this weekend and GG Del Mar is next weekend

The Cougar looked ready to track

Thanks for the updates George! Received great news from Hotchkis yesterday. My Mustang will be ready for Good-Guys Del Mar next weekend! Yahoo! I don't want to divulge which new parts will be on the car but suffice to say I was surprised to learn about a specific part that was installed. Want to know? Go to Del Mar next weekend!
      Tom and I will be at Qualcomm tomorrow. Who else is going? Last practice before Good Guys!
      Richard

SAN DIEGO AUTOCROSS Sept30 Oct20 Nov18

thank you tom and rich for saving the day today for me, you guys are awesome! Was a fun day and great course. despite chording the tires. Hope everyone did well out there!
      BTM AutoSport
      #99 '99 Roush Stage II - CP

Next event is Dec 7th.On the west lot.Our favorite large lot! The Last event results are now posted at SDR-SCCA.com/solo2.WE had 172 entries and we have reached that several times this year..

Last weekend was Good Guys Del Mar.Some of the guys also racing with us did well.Rich got his Mustang back from HOTCHKIS R&D.He finished 6th in Street Machine.Tom won on sunday in All American Sunday for all years.With that event being all muscle cars.We are expecting 4 maybe 5 more cars to join us at SCCA SDR Qualcomm.Keep a look out at our next event for a shiny light blue second gen Camaro.a shiny grey GTO,a 68 Chevelle.65or66 Mustang ragtop.

I counted 13 guys there that have already raced with us.2 didn't have their cars there, that would be Bryce and Tyler.If all these guys showed up with their cars plus a few more.That would be pretty cool.I knew there's 15 plus PT cars out there that want to autocross in San Diego.IF YOUR NEW TO THIS THREAD,YOU WANT TO AUTOCROSS WITH US SAY HELLO.

Also 172 enteries doesn't mean it takes you all day to get in your laps.It will take roughly 1 hour to get 4 laps(Plan for 7:30 to 11am if in SU class).You can buy more or wait till after 3pm.Then they are offered for 3laps for 5.00 time permitting FUN RUNS.Dec7 is 30.00 for 4 laps.20.00 for weekend membership.You have 60 days to deside if that 20.00 goes towards full membership.65.00 to be a member.We can get you more then 15.00 off that.If you ask... (15 events a year, half are 2 day).

If you want to run with the Vintage Pro-Touring(SU class).They are running in the morning this event.So be there at 7:30am.Tempt membership,Register for event,Tech inspection," Novice walking a 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile course required for yours and our safety".All has to happen before 8:45.At 9am you will be working the course with the PT guys.Running your cars after.You will finish the event around11am.Or stay for more laps. Class ESP and SM could be your other choices..You can also show up at 11:30am and still enter. WE do have a required Helmet .WE have loaners.ANY QUESTIONS? We want to get them here to help you out.

Also next event is a SCNAX Club hosted event.I'm in SCNAX club and so are a few of you.That means be there at 6:30am to help out.or contact Warren and ask how you can help.There is also a tear down at end of day.Then Italian restaurant AND BEER.Free to SCNAX Members

should be a good event, warren and peter are excellent course designers so I forsee it being a very well flowing technical course. see you all there!
      BTM AutoSport

One red Stock FS class next Orange ESP class.FS and ESP can run in SM all together if they choose.
      Name:  P1010474.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  283.8 KBName:  F Stock.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  39.2 KBPictures of 3 pro-touring SU class and one CP class. Haven't seen a CP in last few years at the Q. A picture of SM class in iROUSH text 647 above
      Name:  DSC_0158.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  35.5 KBName:  Rich Stang.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  117.8 KBName:  DSC_0342.JPG
Views: 273
Size:  49.2 KBName:  National%20Tour%20144.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  42.4 KB
      So plenty of Places for Muscle cars..

So who plans to join us? I know there will be around 10 plus of the Modern Mustangs,Challenger and Camaros.I know of 3 vintage Mustangs.66 Chevelle and 71 Charger that Plan to be there.I heard from 4 plus that they will make it for their first time with vintage muscle.Count on 165 cars, Please don't RAIN. We do race in the rain if it isn't heavy

You can run at any time of the day.If you want to run between 9am and noon,be there 7:30ish.. If afternoon then 10:30 is good.Registration is open 7:30 to 11:30

You can choose to run in a competitive class or not.If no class you can run any time of day,Race classes are scheduled.More details at text 646 and SDR-SCCA.com/solo2

So who's coming this Saturday Dec 7th?

Weather might be a issue,If cancelled because of "heavy rain", Miramar indoor go-karts could be the next plan.

Oh! I have some ideas for Rich's ragtop Fox Mustang...

I know Rich will be there in his Qualcomm debut with his new Hotchkis stuff!

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Hi, new to the forum. Do these events run rain or shine? Did not see any info on this at sdr-scca.com/solo2. Forecast is calling for the wet stuff tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndlawman View Post
      Hi, new to the forum. Do these events run rain or shine? Did not see any info on this at sdr-scca.com/solo2. Forecast is calling for the wet stuff tomorrow!
      Yes, rain or shine, if you goto http://sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedule/2...2013-12-07.pdf you'll see the flyer. Find myself (Black 2013 Mustang Tom) or Rich (Black 1969 Mustang) or George (Red/Silver 82 RX7) and we can guide you through sign up.

1967 Plymouth Valiant

Name:  1468593_227875460724266_219971713_n.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  31.3 KB
      Quote Originally Posted by 2ndlawman View Post
      Yes we do race in the rain. And some drivers and cars like it. Like PETER Bee in this pic..Sometimes it delays the start,If it just pours down then it gets questionable.I've been out there working the course with water flowing around my shoes.It didn't stop us that time..lol..You will be out in the rain so dress for it.

I heard some forecast for mostly cloudy scattered light rain.Heavy late afternoon.30% chance of rain.AOL.com. the others didn't sound so good...

Any chance I gave you a flyer 2 weeks ago.?

I'm George

Be safe and have fun tomorrow. See everyone next season.

Nabbed first last weekend in SM! 58.199 lap time. Really got the car cooking, even when it was pouring out the R1's stuck good. Rich, the car looked good out there! glad to see it back out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bkgPJF9OLA

Tom how did you end up doing?
      BTM AutoSport

Quote Originally Posted by iRoush View Post
      Nabbed first last weekend in SM! 58.199 lap time. Really got the car cooking, even when it was pouring out the R1's stuck good. Rich, the car looked good out there! glad to see it back out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bkgPJF9OLA

Tom how did you end up doing?
      Uh, crappy, 60.1 on the lame factory Pirellis. Was hoping for a downpour. You looked better in the wet than the dry Brett! How do slicks+rain=less cones?

1967 Plymouth Valiant

Quote Originally Posted by Tomswheels View Post
      Uh, crappy, 60.1 on the lame factory Pirellis. Was hoping for a downpour. You looked better in the wet than the dry Brett! How do slicks+rain=less cones?
      not too bad considering the conditions! haha, not sure, but man was the car fast even in the rain. Definitely plenty of oversteer and four wheel drifts haha. Hopefully I see you guys at the banquet!
      BTM AutoSport

Next years schedule will be posted at SDR-SCCA.com/solo2 soon. Heads up is the year starts off with a 2 day event. January 25 is a pre signup practice.January 26 is a walk up Championship or practice.ANY QUESTIONS?

There is talk of a GG type class that SCCA is looking into.Maybe it's already official, I don't know.

The Holidays are almost over,In 4 weeks our San Diego SCCA Events will start up at Qualcomm stadium..

Before autocross season starts one of my favorite races will take place ."The DAKAR RALLY RAID" It's no longer in Africa but South America for last few years.5000 plus miles of offroad racing.It includes many days in the sand dunes ,bigger then any you would find in Glamis,or Dumond etc.A 30 minute update will be on NBCsports every day for 2 weeks.So if you like building your own car like many of you do.You will get hooked on this real reality program.NO FAKES! to run in what the call they car class reall its Trucks,SUVs and Buggies.(Their Truck class are truly big trucks)You can choose to build a limited wheel travel 4x4 with limited tire size or a 2 wheel drive with larger tires and more wheel travel with tire inflation adjustments on board.The American drivers that build and race their own cars choose 2wd ,,Factory and Europe teams choose 4x4..So who will you be routing for Robby Gordon ,BJ Baldwin in their 2wd or the foreign teams in their 4x4s Good USA Motorcycle riders in that class to.

Check out Dakar.com you can GPS track your favorite driver and his rivals. planetrobby.com youtube anything on it

starts January 5th

Flyer for first practice of year is posted at SDR-SCCA.com. You guys know what to do.

So who's signing up first and mailing it in? A lot just follow Tom's lead... So what run group are you PT/CAM guys going for? You can even do morning and afternoon paying for 2 sessions and work groups.Then run Championship/XRUN Practice on Sunday for more laps.If some was to do all that and theres time for fun runs.34 laps are possible for the weekend.around 10 for practice session.4 for champ or XRUN maybe 6 plus more for funruns.

Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post
      Flyer for first practice of year is posted at SDR-SCCA.com. You guys know what to do.

So who's signing up first and mailing it in? A lot just follow Tom's lead... So what run group are you PT/CAM guys going for? You can even do morning and afternoon paying for 2 sessions and work groups.Then run Championship/XRUN Practice on Sunday for more laps.If some was to do all that and theres time for fun runs.34 laps are possible for the weekend.around 10 for practice session.4 for champ or XRUN maybe 6 plus more for funruns.
      I'm going to be running the miata on saturdays and saving the roush for sunday. good way to learn how to drive a momentum based car on saturday then an out of control monster on sunday lol.

Happy new year by the way everybody!
      BTM AutoSport

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com