Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thats what I was thinking Hank, longer Work groups.Not a problem if you truely enjoy the autocross events.For some new comers it might be a issue..Then its not the sport for them.

For other entries into practice.Taylor plans to, I haven't heard from anyone else.I bet we'll see Mark,.......Gregg and Matt showed interest but haven't heard from them

Hank,Maybe you can back up this for me..You don't have to be a SCCA member when you mail in your practice entry.You do that at the event.20.00 for trail weekend membership

Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post
      Thats what I was thinking Hank, longer Work groups.Not a problem if you truely enjoy the autocross events.For some new comers it might be a issue..Then its not the sport for them.

For other entries into practice.Taylor plans to, I haven't heard from anyone else.I bet we'll see Mark,.......Gregg and Matt showed interest but haven't heard from them

Hank,Maybe you can back up this for me..You don't have to be a SCCA member when you mail in your practice entry.You do that at the event.20.00 for trail weekend membership
      George, I am trying to get some practice in this weekend, which most likely involves using up old tires, and then I need to add an oil cooler to the new engine. I am looking at Sunday still, and hope to make it. Going both days would be too much car stuff in one weekend.

Matt

I won't be making the practice either.. I'll be there to check it out..I hope to run sunday..Car and Smog & registration issues.

The Saturday practice event is 8 plus laps for 45.00..Sunday championship is 4 laps for 30.00.If you run IN CLASS and your class runs in Last group like SM,P1and SU is that sunday.That will be your only 4 laps..Unless there are FUN RUNS.The other option is to run Xruns in morning and afternoon to get 8 laps and Work 2 run groups and pay 60.00 for the laps.

The last event of year where TART CLUB sold 4 laps for 20.00 and you didn't have to work.That Isn't the Norm.That happens maybe twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomswheels View Post
      I put run group B as my first choice, D as my second, C as third, A as fourth. I like to work before I run. Alcino bring that kid, I have a car seat you can borrow...
      I did the same

Where do we find out who made the cut for Saturday? I sent out my money the day after the letter came out. I checked the scca sd forum and I didn't see anything. I might have missed the list though.

Yeah, George is right. You can do all that membership stuff the day of the event. Just speak to Warren. That guy is somehow there at every single event...

Meanwhile, I just spoke to DCCSD. They say they're about half-full but checks just really started coming in and that's why they haven't posted a list. I'm not sure why people are so against making a list on the forums sometimes, but it does take time. Everyone should have gotten in but if you're really paranoid about USPS failure, you can give Kyle (the contact on the flyer) a call. He's the one handling registration for DCCSD.

See you guys out there!
      -Hank

Thanks Hank.

Quater D25 got a new pair of shoes!

I passed smog today with the Ca Smog Reffery.Now thats out of the way.Just a new master brake cylinder and some other changes..And I'm good for feb 3. the 2nd is possible but I'm just going to wait till the next practice.

So we know Charles, Bryce, Tyler, Rich and I will be there, anyone else? Mark? Who's planning on coming Sunday also?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomswheels View Post
      So we know Charles, Bryce, Tyler, Rich and I will be there, anyone else? Mark? Who's planning on coming Sunday also?
      Unless something comes up, I will be there on Sunday. I might drop in on Saturday for an hour just to say hi, and see what is going on.

I will be there Sunday. Working Saturday(bummer)

I'm going to pretend and say I was influential in this, so you're welcome!

http://www.sdsolo.com/forum/showthre...ebruary-2-2013
      -Hank

Looks like run group 'B' is where it is at!

Now I just have to finish the car!

Awesome Hank, Thanks!

I have been out sick for a week, I still have some work to do to get the car ready, it should be ready to drive this weekend, depends on rain.

Im excited.

The 24 hours of Daytona sports car race is now on.A BIG SPORTS CAR RACE!

So does the SCCA offer points for Autocross like the pros?Yes,To collect points you have to join one of the hosting San Diego Regional -SCCA SOLO Clubs.Then run IN Class. So to join a club. First thing, socialize with your fellow autocrossers and deside who to join.Points are given per class.So if you enter different classes during the year.The points of the different classes you entered can't be added together.Class points are just for that class.

Now the Clubs Collect all points of it's members for a year end Club trophy.So there is a Driver/Class year end trophies and Club trophy.

sdr-scca.com/solo2/results Club Points Class Points Event results

The first SCCA SOLO event of the year is always interesting. You will notice that drivers have changed classes.Some have gone more modified some less.In a couple months we will have our biggest annual event "The SCCA SOLO NATIONAL TOUR".This is why the practice events can fill up quickly.We will have out of state drivers doing the saturday and sunday events.They want to test their cars on the Slopping parking lot with it's cambered and off cambered turns.They want to reduce the home course advantage...

So I look forward to next weekend. See YOU THERE!

the falcon is ready see you guys on saturday.

The Autocross season begins.! Super Autocross Bowl Weekend!..

So a little info for the first practice of the year.If your running in A or B group be there at 8 am or earlier.You will have to sign in..It's been so long sense I've done a practice. I don't even know if you have to fill out a Registration Championship Card for it.You still have to tech.50 plus cars have to tech first thing in the morning so 8am or earlier should be fine.You should walk the course so that you can make the most out of your laps.At 10 minutes till 9am there could be a drivers meeting and sign in for works.

There is 4 run groups for practice .1.5 hr each.If there is a break down on course.That could stop the clock and time will be added to that group.So after 4 groups and lunch thats 6.5 hours.If there isn't any problems..There is a change of Fun Runs at the end of the day.
      So make sure your car is ready.If you have a dirty radiator or old hose you could have problems.Check your wheels that they are torqued correctly.Check that your belts are tight and good.I've seen when guys have put new hoses on and didn't tighten them..A Mess! Resently we had a guy not tighten his fuel line.. A fire on course happened!I've seen when someone didn't tighten their lug nuts.Broked studs and a loose wheel on course.So do your checks.

Sunday is a Championship day.So the course that is used Saturday will be run in the other direction Sunday.A few of turn will be changed to.Most of you guys will be running in the afternoon sunday if your coming.So be there at 9:30 after 10 am and you will be rushed.You could run in the morning but that wouldn't be In Class..SM,CP,XP,ESP all run in the afternoon.

This event and the next one will be held in the South East lot.It's a little smaller then the West lot.I guarantee there will be a couple Hair Pin Turns.A couple of you guys got plenty of practice at those at the GG event. So !You could be the best Hair Pin guys there...

Matt!Hope to see you Visit Saturday and run Sunday..Bring your buds Gregg and Ron.YES Racers Can Give Rides In Every Lap! on saturday

Well, I fimally got to drive mine on Sunday. Unfortunately the starter broke and damaged the flexplate. Looks like I'm out until next time.

Quote Originally Posted by V8240Z View Post
      Well, I fimally got to drive mine on Sunday. Unfortunately the starter broke and damaged the flexplate. Looks like I'm out until next time.
      Bummer.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com