Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Brett are you still planning on Bringing down the Miata?You can run it in CSP 1st run group work 4th..I also race in CSP..

Where That HELL BOY orange C-10 Chevy Pickup..Love to see that show up at our event.

Hey, sorry for the lack of response. I did read your pm's.

The return to the coast event is a week after the autocross, so I'm trying to see how much prep either my Mustang or Trans Am will take to get ready and whether or not I can afford to give up that Sunday afternoon.

I'll know a bit more tomorrow based on what I end up getting done.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Hey all,
      I went by and talked to Scott Lewis, the current San Diego SCCA president at the Coronado Speed Festival yesterday and have to say I was very impressed. He expressed a true desire to work with the Pro-touring community to find a place for us to run against each other during these events. I am certainly fired up as it seems like an affordable place to get some seat time. I am out of town for this first time, but hope we as a community can field 5-10 cars and make this happen. Scott did explain that having cars for the group (PT-X) is required to make this happen. Please make sure to contact Scott or George so they know we are interested.

Charles
      1973 Camaro - project REFORGED

I talked with the guys at teh SCCA booth today as well. We in the SD area will be well served if we have the 5 car minimum show up on a regular basis. 5 cars would help us run together so we wouldn't get spread out throught the different classes. For instance if 3 P-T cars showed then one may get put in one class due to it's mods but another P-T car could be put in another class entirely due to another mod (Aftermarket front subframe for instance).

The PTX class sounds like it will allow any kind of car that could run in a Goodguys Auto-X and doesn't make a muscle car with P-T type modifications run in a class in which virtual racecars run.

I will show up for the first PTX (Sep 30) to help out with duties but I'm not going to run. The next weekend I should have the cuda ready to roll.

Thanks Scott and George.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

well john howed it go picking up the fish i will be at the stadium 10-1030 sun. call me
      john
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

How else would it have gone? It's pushed to Monday!
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      How else would it have gone? It's pushed to Monday!
      What!? Where does it say that?
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Quote Originally Posted by 79-TA View Post
      What!? Where does it say that?

Sorry, that exchange about Monday was not in reference to Qualcomm. Monday is when I get my car out of prison.
      Johnny C.

I'll be there. At a minimum the Road Runner, may bring the 62 as well for the wife to drive.

DTM are you Dan with the with the 68 road runner?Is there 2 68 roadrunners.There is a profile
      68rroadrunner right?

Now here are some of the changes..PT-X is OUT! Bet that got your attention..lol But Really we have to make things easier for registration,Timing &Score data entry folks working the event and Larry C.Larry C is our timing and scoring records keeper.All people working these events before and after are Volunteers.So to make things simpler.We need to change PT-X to AM-X.There isn't a PT in the Timing&Scoring software or a Pax Index for it.AM is A-Modified winged formula cars.None of them running with us and Add the X so that it isn't a official class but sense Scott lewis is offering a trophy to Pro-touring cars it is for you PT guys this weekend.To race for a trophy you must sign up as AM-X run in 4thgroup work6th.5 AM-X Pro-Touring cars will have to be running in 4th run group.No one is to drive the course before that or ride as a passenger.Those are competition rules.It's up to you.I have a Nova waiting for challengers.

To get the Pro Touring name out there the announce will know .Also if you are feeling creative.You can print Bump sticker size Pro touring on photo paper.Stick that on 5"x8" sheet magnets from Micheals craft store.just a idea.

George, Dan is 68roadrunner, DTM, sometimes Dan@Hotchkiss and some others I'm sure I'm missing. But, that is him; quick blue Road Runner.

I talked with you at Coronado. I will drive my Cuda up there to the Murph but I will only be helping with duties, watch, learn, laugh at Johnny68, ...... I'll have to get some things straight before I'll run.

I'll be calling tonight.
      Johnny C.

I remember you Johnny C.So is your friend going to run his

I don't know. I just met him when talking to him about his Camaro at the car show. I told him about this event. He just got his car done at Best of Show Coachworks and said he definitely won't be doing and auto x in it. Idon't know anything about his vette'.
      Johnny C.

There is a Black Camaro that might make it to our event from Best of Show Coachworks.You saw the picture

I say if you build it to run Then Run IT!.We have Euro Exotics that wrap Blue tape around the lower 15" of their car and run them.Cones very rarely leave a mark.With a good coat of wax no marks.Alot of the cones have been hit.So there are black marks on the cones.Wax on the car, black marks don't transfer.

Thats TIP OF THE DAY!

Pro-touring cars we have so Far:
      66 Fairlane Tyler
      72 Nova John
      69Cuda Tom
      68 Road runner Dan
      72 El Camino Jake
      69 camaro ? Roy
      another Camaro? G.
      a 62? V.

P1 cars- 66 Vett ,Factory 5 Cobra.Lotus Elan

And Possible 150 other enteries.

Remember if you are running your car..You need to read what we have at SDR-SCCA.com/solo2/Faqs.It's a very good read,It prepares you for one of our events.

Also a must watch is Vimeo.com/12067348 It is documetary video made about autocross from our event.It was one of our racers film school projects.WE hope he got a "A".. because we love it.

Make sure your battery is secure.If it is inside the interior of the car. It must be in a Marine Battery container and bolted to the floor.Check fuel lines check that radiator hoses are secure.If the day goes smoothly and 6th run group finishes by 4pm.We might do laps for 2 dollars"Fun Runs"

Qualcomm Stadium requires us to keep sound under 93BDs 50ft from track.A DB meter is on the track at all times.DQed if your over and no more runs.Ask someone to listen to your car at our event. We may have a second meter to test.If your close sometimes all you need is a bent pipe pointed to opposit side of track then DB.Or a SUPERTRAP etc..

I'm running 1st group working 3rd So I'm busy in the morning.Pro-Touring AM-X are running 4th working6.Dan W with the 68 Blue Roadrunner.He will be available in the morning to help.He has raced at Qualcomm with us many times. So Look for his car in the morning.Scott Lewis is Event Chairmen of the event so he'll be busy here and there.

Some asked "Whats it like running 150 enteries.We can do 150 entries and finish 6 group by 3:30pm.Thats if we start on time 9am.No cars break or track.People show up to work their work groupETC.WE need close to 150 to just cover expenses.180 is the happy limit.When we have the SCCA SOLO2 National Tour our limit is 315.Also to get all the cars through we have 3 cars on the track at the same time 20 seconds apart.65 second laps 3 cars.If you catch a slower car you will be RED FLAGED.Slow then follow car to finish.You get to start that lap over.

See You at the track!

For those that have heard my falcon it was louder than 93 dB.

Also I will be out there around noon on sunday. I will support the PT crowd anyway I can.

Bryce your car was Louder then 93DBs? Did you have to make changes to get your runs in?We give one chance to make it quiet after exceeding 93dbs.

Dan in the 68 Roadrunner was fine in the last event.under 93DBs..If your close to limit a cloudy day can put you over..Sunny at 90 degrees expected

I will be there in my el camino tomorrow, sounds like it should be a good time!
      My dad will be there driving as well, hopefully in his Camaro if all goes right today.
      hope to see you all there.
      Jake Rozelle
      @jakerozelle
      jakerozelle12.wix.com/jakerozelleracing

SCCA SDAD event.Flyer and schedule is already posted at SDR-SCCA.com/solo2 \

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com