Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Very interested. I won't be able to make the Sept one but the Nov one is looking really promising.
      My car is designated CP however I have full interior, stereo, A/C and the normal creature comforts found in a car, and I drive it on a regular basis. It got it's rear kicked by real CP cars in Lincoln this week. I would love to get to compete against something similar.

Valerie Pichette

1988 GTA LS3 (418 stroker)/ T56 - "DragonLady GTA"

See you then in Nov. then .. Just check in here to be up to date of whats happening in Nov..With the PTX class we're putting together.Cars willl run on 200 treadwear.This follows what Good Guys and Ultimate Street Car Challenge and ASCS are doing..more places to run and more cars will be built. Add stickier tires and we put you in CP.I'm tring to plan things so that PTX always runs at sametime as CP.So if you choose to run on sticky tires we still run together.

Hello all!

soloracerSD has been hyping our San Diego Region SCCA events lately. I am here to say hello and invite your group to attend our autocross events. As the event chairman for the upcoming September 30th date, I will do all I can to get your group recognized in a provisional type of classing for this event.

As George mentioned, we have "time only(no trophy)" entries as 'X' runs and we may be able to get your class of PTX under this X category for separate timing of your group. Again this would be provisional were it to happen. The CP class may also be a good fit if needed for proper scoring should the PTX not work out.

Although we don't have monetary awards, I will provide a trophy to the class of at least 5 entrants. The trophies are usually at future events within 4-6 weeks.

Please take a moment to view our results page http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/results/
      After clicking the link, choose a date and click FINAL
      Once you have done this, click on the P1
      This will take you directly to the P1 class where the CP cars would normally run if entered. It will also show you the finishers and their vehicles this year. It is an indexed(handicap) class based on P1 = XP, BP, CP, FP vehicles. It will make more sense once you attend for yourself.

Clear as mud, right??? Come visit us and we will accommodate.

Thanks

Scott Lewis
      San Diego SOLO Chairman

Can we get a clarification on cost and the number of runs we could expect to get? The SCCA membership is $70.00? What is the cost of the event itself (with and without membership)?
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

I'll try to explain fee options.
      To run your car it's first 4 laps on Sundays will cost you 30.00.saturday practice is around 10 laps for 45.00.You must be a member of the SCCA to run.We offer a weekend trial membership for 15.00 there is also San Diego Regional membership card, weekend membership 5.00..

Now that is a total of 50.00.if you just do sunday.
      The 15.00 you paid to be a weekend member of the SCCA can be put to good use.If you choose to have a membership for the SCCA with in 30 days past event.You can call the SCCA tell them your reciept #.Your membership will be 15.00 less.Membership is 65.00 you pay 50.00.If you are active military you will get a 35.00 rebate.With a membership to the SCCA you get a Bi-Monthly magazine, also discount offers for motels.rental cars even some performance stuff.

This is all I can tell you about membership..Our Membership Director is Warren L. Look him up at SDR-SCCA.com/solo2 To add but not sure 1yr SDR card is 25.00 renewals are 10,00

Sometimes you can buy your second group of 4 laps for less then 30.It depends on the event.Also to add we have 42 classes listed per event add ladies classes and we have 84 per event divided over 6 run groups.We have 150 plus entries per event.We have also done 300 plus entries before.So we have a place for any car.If you didn't know.The SCCA has been around a long time ,James Dean and Steve McQueen were members of the SCCA. SCCA establlished in 1944

SDR-SCCA.com/solo2

This sounds like an ideal venue to get some seat time and run against similar cars to compare times, bench race, and generally have a really fun time with cars and people. Being about 400 miles north, it's doubtful I'll get a chance to bring the orange sled down to play but I've run at this site before and it's a blast. Very open with elevation changes and the courses are excellent.

Thanks for offering a class for us with our Pro-Touring junk and also for following suit with the tire treadwear limits.

And if you're on the fence about joining SCCA ... do it!! There's so much positive about the club and being a member gets you a ticket to a lot of the regulated Solo events in the So. Cal. area.

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Thank you for the kind words Mary!

Scott Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Being about 400 miles north, it's doubtful I'll get a chance to bring the orange sled down to play but I've run at this site before and it's a blast. Very open with elevation changes and the courses are excellent.

Mary Pozzi
      Mary, If Val and I are willing to drive over from Phoenix for this, certainly you can make a run down from the Bay area....

I'll be helping promote this as much as I can. If we can get the cars to come, we'll be able to complete for points next season!

Quote Originally Posted by DTM Racing View Post
      I'll be helping promote this as much as I can. If we can get the cars to come, we'll be able to complete for points next season!
      Dan,

That is awesome, I hope you can make it. Call me if you are headed this way.

The Sept 30 SDR-SCCA SCAT event flyer&race schedule is now available at sdr-scca.com/solo2.com..At SCCA San Diego competition events it's best out of 4 laps.If you choose to race in a class. Those 4 laps will be your first of the day.If you do Xruns or ride as a passenger before your Race class laps you get DQed.Even riding a scooter around the track can get you DQed.You enter your car in a class fitting for your car.You run it in the Run Group that it is listed and Work the Group that is paired with it.I can't stress enough how important it is to walk the track.I walk it three times before my runs and I still go off course sometimes. lost!="DNF" halfmile plus & countless turns.

Xruns are run for time only,No chance of getting a Trophy.You can do these after your class runs if schedule permits.You can do Xruns without doing any competition runs.

If you are really thinking of doing our event, call me I will get you 15.00 off your 12 month membership to SCCA after you enter and I'll answer questions.If you just have questions just write them here.I'm asking the folks that if they have a 72 or older ,or body platform built that matches what was available in 72 that fits pro-touring listed early in thread to run in 4th run group.Ask to run in PT-X class or ask for me George Pollock or Scott Lewis if you get a WHAT?.It's just so you all can run together.Some of you might want to do Xruns earlier.Doing that would keep you from running PT-X.But it would make you a good advisor of how to drive the course for someone who is..Like a Son or friend.So will there be a trophy for PT-X? YES! If they are your first 4 laps in the 4th run group and you have not been driving or been a passenger on the track before that.5 cars are needed in class to qualify it for 1 trophy.It takes as long as 6 weeks to get your trophy.

BTW all laps of 4 are 30.00, plus 20.00 for day membership to SCCA George Pollock 619 275 4845
      After all 6 run groups are done and its before 4pm. Event Chairman may offer laps for 2 dollars"FUN RUNS" for registered racers.Keep numbers and wrist bands on.FREE TO WATCH!

Fun and Bench Racing

To add ..If you plan to do laps in one of the first three run groups try being there at 7;30am.There is a line for New SCCA Memberships and one for registration.Then a car tech line.Then you need to walk the track with Novice instructor. The track layout can be complicated.For example watch Jeff Kiesel's videos on YOUTUBE.com "San Diego autocross Turbo Sprite" the green frog.BTW ESP cars run group 2,work group 1

If you plan to run after lunch break.Then be there by 10:30am-any later and you will feel rushed.

I have 10 places available for PT-X in run group 4.I need to reserve them.9/18

Hey George and Scott - thanks again for keeping us posted on your local SD events and your efforts to include us are appreciated (despite my head hurting a little after each time I try to digest the classes and run groups etc lol).

Mary's endorsement makes a difference so thanks for that Mary.

In response to the enthusiasm shown for including our PT folks here - I will commit to the Sept30th date and invite other locals to do same. My own focus is some much needed seat time so I'll opt for as many runs as I can get in (and of coarse the obligatory working the event), in lieu of running in class.

I replied to your PM George - thanks.
      G.

Give me a call Greg ,You could be doing laps at 9am.Yes that DQ you from PT-X But you can still run with them just no trophy.You can tell them what turns were tough.

Just call me .. soon

BTW the SCCA will have a BOOTH at the Coronado Speed festival. San Diego Region Chairmen Scott Lewis will be there Both days.Ask for him and say hello.He would like to hear from Pro-Touring enthusiast.I'll be there one of the days.

hey george i will try my hardest to be at the next event(if sandy lets me take here baby) looks like its ptx class youll have to decide tube a arms torque arm rear, 4 disc brakes, stock 72 body ,200 tires ill give you a call thur.
      john
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

George,

Thanks again for setting this up. I have been busy and unable to return your calls, sorry about that.

John,

Same goes for you. However, I will be there on Sunday, what time you going?

No problem Bryce.Long hours and family will keep you busy.I'm just a single guy and no kids .Except for me!.

Where is your friend Tom?Does he have a Barracuda Mopar.

Oh if anyone missed it..The SCCA will have a Booth at the Coronado Speed festival.Scott Lewis will be there so just ask for him to say hello.I'll be there to but not both days.

George,
      Thanks for this encouragement. I will be at Coronado tommorrow and will make it a point to stop by. My car is still a bit away, but I do want to run at the stadium and hopefully the PTX class becomes a reality.
      Charles

George, I've also lagged calling you , I apologize. I am the guy who had the half sanded Green and red Saleen that talked with you on Sunday at Goodguys. Im planning on bringing the cuda below on the 30th, and I will try to call you asap.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Thats a CUDA? it looks foreign to me in that picture.Like a Alfa Spider,,lol.Tom I thought it was you with the Sanded down Saleen.Your friend had the grey primer Mustang I think a 70.

Yes call me, That black Cuda, Cuda? looks sharp! I think a real head turner for the guys and gals at the stadium.
      BTW To all of you. We have about 25% lady racers.They can put a spanking on the guys to.

it looks like a shorten 67 cuda

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com