Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      It seems like not much has been going on with the car recently, but a lot has happened just cant tell. since the last update we have been doing TONS of sanding getting the car ready to paint. We bought a new hood and it fit great. We also bought a fiberglass front and rear bumper, they didn't fit well at all. so the past few weekends we have been working on the front bumper cutting and glassing to make it fit right. Since we are using the fiberglass one we have built some supports inside them, that way we dont have to use the heavy stock supports. We have also jammed the doors. I am also changing headlights going to a 90 caprice headlight. This headlight completely fills up the bezel so no need for a filler piece like used on the year one car. The tail lights i also changed. I have modified them to fit the sequential led housings. Everything on the car is ready for paint except the front and rear bumpers. they should be ready by the end of the weekend hopefully! Then paint is next!!!

Almost forgot we took it to a carshow and got 1st in the under construction category. LOL

On to some Pictures.

Country Flag: United States
      One of my favorite cars. I also had 78 years ago. How are you going to mount the shaker? Directly to the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by I_make_oil View Post
      One of my favorite cars. I also had 78 years ago. How are you going to mount the shaker? Directly to the hood?
      We are going to make it functional. So we are going to build a base to mount it to as well as hold the air cleaner.

Hey 78trans, I think i say you driving this weekend in Joshua. was that you? I have a 1970 Firebird formula 400 barn find that my dad an I picked up as a project car. I'd love to check out your ride some time!

so its been awhile since i updated but we are still working on the car. The car is now painted! we have also changed the rear spoiler on the car to a early 70's camaro spoiler and also made it 3" taller. The spoilers did not fit at all so we have added and modified the spoilers to fit perfect on the car. We are on the down hill side just have to reassemble everything now, put in the vintage air, roll cage, and build a mount for the air cleaner. Hoping to be at good guys on Oct 3rd in Texas.

Heres some pics of the spoiler being built

Now heres the car being painted and painted.

Country Flag: Canada
      beautiful colour ....yeah thats how us canadians spell color...what is that colour from
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Looks great! I'm ready to see that spoiler.

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com