Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States
      I'm pretty new to the sport and haven't been able to attend a big event yet but REALLY look forward to attending some next season. I enjoy track time on an amateur level, autocross, road course and drag racing. I can understand the cost to rent a large facility for several race venues, but talking with several folks that seems to be a limiting factor to some for cost reasons, especially out of staters. I can only speak for myself, but I think I'd enjoy an event that was limited to one type of racing just as much as several.

Now that I'm finally moved to Georgia, I'm finding it hard to find local pro-touring friendly events outside of SCCA, where realistically my car doesn't fit in anyways. The road course track in Utah had monthly amateur nights where you could run autocross and road course in your street car, as long as it would pass a few safety items. To get on the road course was $35 and Autocross was $10. They had a huge turnout every month. I'm now missing that.

It would be great to have smaller events in all the Run To areas, sort of a "mini run-to" series that might be every couple months and simply setting up an autocross course in a parking lot. I'd imagine the cost would be much lower and there would be more opportunity for folks to attend. Smaller events get folks excited, and would be a great way to market and possibly lead to better attendance of the big annual event where attendees have access to more venues. Just a thought...

I drive my car daily, but after a disappointing search to find local race venues recently, I almost felt like dumping all the time and $ into the car wasn't worth it with only 2 or 3 events within a few hours of here a year to beat on it.
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com