Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      I'm hoping to be in for next year.

Dan
      1968 Camaro v2
      LS6 :: Viper T56 :: C5 Brakes :: Hotchkis Suspension

I was looking forward to RTTS3 but if thats not happening I'll show up anywhere in the Northeast as long as its a road course.
      Justin Snow

We could do an unofficial RTTS if need...

Country Flag: United States
      Idea to bounce off you guys-- 1 day road course and autocross at Lime Rock and another day at Lebanon Valley (drag strip) with a cruise and dinner mixed in? It would have to be a Friday/Saturday thing I would think, although it might be easier to get a Thursday/Friday. -Dan
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

In for any kind of road course action
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

BTW at Pocono You easily can run on the road course (North Course) AutoX (short east course) and acceleration/braking test on the front straight all at one time.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

Quote Originally Posted by Takid455 View Post
      We could do an unofficial RTTS if need...
      Like if a bunch of us go to a track day at New Jersey with NASA? Thats what im thinking. Im planning on running at least one track day in 2013 at NJMP weather its with AmericanStreetcar series or NASA.
      Justin Snow

I'd be in for NJ again too, how far is it from NJMP to Englishtown? Do they do Friday night street tire drags or anything like that? It would be cool to combine a few things, make it worth the trip for those coming in from 4-6 hours away vs a 1 day event. Or with NASA, SCDA etc maybe a couple as at the road course, less chance of getting totally rained out.

After Rtth, hopefully we will hear more from Bill H, I don't want to do anything to interfere with anything he may be planning, but if he isn't doing something in the NE it would be great to do even an informal event or two next year.

-Dan
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 68sixspeed View Post
      I'd be in for NJ again too, how far is it from NJMP to Englishtown? -Dan
      roughly an hour and a half. atco raceway might be closer.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Guys check out some of the photos from the Battle at the Banks event.... maybe we could do something like that at Wall Stadium in NJ... I've seen the drifting events there that use the infield as part of the course... just a thought, but i'm sure its hell of a lot cheaper than NJMP and far less booked....

something like this: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e+at+the+banks

-Sean

By the way, if any of you are down for NJMP Lightning this Oct 5, let me know.

Group of guys has rented the track for the entire day. No classroom, no instructors, just three run groups based on experience. Pricey but you will run the tires off the car with how much on-track time you will get. Not the usual three 20 minute sessions track day by any means.

$335 and must pass NJMP tech

Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      Guys check out some of the photos from the Battle at the Banks event.... maybe we could do something like that at Wall Stadium in NJ... I've seen the drifting events there that use the infield as part of the course... just a thought, but i'm sure its hell of a lot cheaper than NJMP and far less booked....

something like this: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e+at+the+banks

-Sean
      I could hear them racing at wall stadium where I grew up. Ray Evernham got his start there too. My brother drove demo derby there a few times. I have not been there in many years. I think they run a cruise night in the summer.
      Scott from NJ.

im down for anything in the area. We dont get many events in the NJ/MD/DE/PA area...not even a goodguys show.

For some reason the magic travel number is 8 hours away for an decent event.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

For what it's worth, VIR Resort provides onsite lodging with a nice resturant so participants would not need to leave the track for the weekend.

http://experiencevir.com/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I will try to find some time to make some phone calls and see what some of the regional facilities have to say. If we can't get a track day of our own I will ask about joining in on other open sessions or with some of the local clubs some time.

-Tim
      NJSPEEDER - Tim Mullaney
      New Jersey F-body Owners Association
      www.NJFBOA.org
      NJ's home for all owners, friends, and fans of Camaros and Firebirds

Sean, any contact info on the Wall Stadium?
      VIR is a cool place to play, been there with NASA a couple times now and stayed at the lodge. However, it is more expensive than NJMP and stays booked years ahead. I would love to do an event there, but the likelhood of that isn't good.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

VIR is a cool place to play, been there with NASA a couple times now and stayed at the lodge. However, it is more expensive than NJMP and stays booked years ahead. I would love to do an event there, but the likelhood of that isn't good.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

http://www.wallspeedwayracing.com/

http://www.wallspeedwayracing.com/#!...ed/sitepage_26

This might matter:

Can I bring my high performance car to the track and take some laps?
      - No. Unfortunately we do not have clearance from the NJ State Police for street cars to take the track. However, every second Friday of the month we have cruise night, and you have the opportunity to take your car on the track for pace laps and feel the intensity of the embankment!

I'll poke around and see if know any one that knows anyone. it's changed hands since I moved away.

edit: it appears they paved the parking lot. I remember it being a dirt lot when I was a kid

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=%EF%B...ed=0CAsQ_AUoAg
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Scott from NJ.

Bill, you worked with the SJSCCA last year. Maybe they have some insight?

Anyone know if they ever run auto-x at blue claws stadium in lakewood? IIRC they have a large lot, but it's been years since I was there. SLP, Manley and Jesel are a mere few miles from there

http://www.milb.com/team1/page.jsp?y...=.jsp&sid=t427
      Scott from NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      Hi Bill- I talked with my old boss, who races on that track, he says he will try to speak with the owners (he knows them personally) to see what the deal is with track rentals. I do know that they ran auto x there back in the 70's (so i'm told). Like Scott said, its changed hands a few times and shut down on and off over the past few years, so they are most likely in need of events/money. Formula drift has ran there the past few years. I do know the track is very steap and the transition from the banking to infield will be tough on low cars like ours, but I'll have to look into that.

Aside from Wall, Raceway Park in Old Bridge NJ has a nice little Road Course. It seems like the perfect place for beginners, because of its smaller size, but still offers challenging sections for more experienced people. It has some banking and looks really fun. The North NJ region SCCA hold events here.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9NR...feature=relmfu

Another option is The Meadowlands Stadium in North NJ. I know the North NJ region SCCA runs Autocross there Also and from what I hear, cars are hitting upwards of 70mph... its definitely a big AutoX.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmZf9Bp1W1g

If the roadcourse is a must than I'd also consider Summit Point (West Virginia) and Pocono Raceway.

Honestly I think Raceway Park would be best, since it not only has a roadcourse, but also an area for and autoX and a world famous drag strip... but it all depends on the price.... renting all three may be way out of budget..lol

-Sean

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com