Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Had same type issue couple years ago. Check ur push rods. Had 2 that didn't have the oil holes opened up. One more thing is 35psi is a little low for a SBC isn't it? Normal is 40-45 from my experience. Something else is check the oil pump pickup. Seen them little lose and will leak oil around pickup tube.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

O.K. so what did you find?

we still have not found anything definitive.
      Tom Hensley
      69 ss/rs clone
      98 ta ragtop

"attack life....it's going to kill you anyway."

I quickly scanned the thread, but is the converter/transmission new. When a converter is new and the transmission is low on fluid it can have a knock to it. Had that happen once. Just trying to think outside the box

I hope that you are not having the same issue I did, but my conversion motor-mounts allowed about 2 inches of play and shifting into gear caused the torque to pull the engine closer to the firewall and the distributor pushed up causing it to ride hard and click.

Tall or short valve covers. Depending on lifter pump up could the rockers be hitting the oil filler baffle?

Quote Originally Posted by jbake View Post
      Had same type issue couple years ago. Check ur push rods. Had 2 that didn't have the oil holes opened up. One more thing is 35psi is a little low for a SBC isn't it? Normal is 40-45 from my experience. Something else is check the oil pump pickup. Seen them little lose and will leak oil around pickup tube.
      Some sbc's have as little as 10 psi at idle. 35 is exceptional.

Are you sure that it is an engine noise? Can you narrow it down with a stethoscope?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com