Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1969 Camaro Convertible Roll Bar

Newbie here to the site. I was considering installing a roll bar, like the newer Mustangs(see pic below), into my 69' Camaro Convertible. I have seen quite a few done, but I don't have any info on best location to install, is there a bar that fits good in the 69', are they strictly custom, does someone make a kit? I have no idea where to start. Any advice out there greatly appreciated....
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I asked the question with Year One after I saw a picture of one of their cars and got the following response.

"Actually that is not a roll bar and offers no rollover protection. It is a ‘styling bar’ for a 1979+ Mustang which was adapted to fit. We obtained this from ABC Exclusive."

Here is a link I found for ABC Exclusive
      https://www.abcexclusive.com/stb_main.htm#stb500

I was thinking about doing thye same but with protection , so its tied into the structure but I do not want a permanant bar ruining the looks of a 69 drop top .
      so I will either make the top section above the seat removeable or get a tigercage from ridetech so its functional and can be unbolted.

I appreciate the info... Nice ride. Keep me posted on the progress of your project..

I'm putting in a low profile 4 point, not for roll over, but for strength/rigidity in body and have a bar for seat belt over the shoulder. When I get pics, I'll send you some. Have you done yours yet?

I haven't done mine yet. Still dragging my feet on how I want to do it.

Country Flag: Canada
      Any updates on a single hoop tool bar / 'styling bar' for a first gen convertible?

I have seen that year one car a few times. The bar if I remember correctly is formed into the inside of the back 1/4 glass area right behind the doo.

I have seen a thread where someone try and mimic that bar somewhat. They used two bars. The front was bigger then the back but right next to eachother. Then they used a long sheet of sheet metal between the two bars to make it look like one piece. I don't recall how they finished it off. I would think some 1/4 foam and a stitched together vinyl would look good.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn Dave View Post
      Any updates on a single hoop tool bar / 'styling bar' for a first gen convertible?
      Best to go custom. I have an 4 pt in mine, custom bent by a local chassis shop. Still has use of rear seat and no interference with top.
      Camaro Convertible Build Pics - http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq198/rob07002/

www.musclerides.com

Rob Stevens

Country Flag: Canada
      I thought I read somewhere that someone used a "rollbar" from a 95-2003 or similar years convertible mustang . I could be wrong though

Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com