Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

SCCA events in san diego

I will post the updated event flyer here every month.

Here is the 2012 schedule: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedule/

Here is the event flyer: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedu...2012.pages.pdf

For anyone thinking about going, GO! This is one of the best venues for an autocross.
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Thanks for the list! I need to get out to one of these, hopefully in the fall.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Here's the link to a video one of the organisers gave me at GG Del Mar this year:

Looks like a fun time!
      G.

I started to get bored w the vid, then Springsteen showed up. Then they interviewed Shawn. Then I enjoyed the whole thing...:D

Thx for posting Gregg!
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Hello Gandalf
      I'm the guy that gave you the SCCA Flyer.The one you got at GG Del Mar.SO! When are you guys coming down? We have three other events before the next Nov GG event. Sept30,Oct 20 Nov 18 at Qualcomm Stadium San Diego.

I posted on this forum another SCCA add as "San Diego Autocross"then I saw Bryce's
      At our last event Dan in his 68 roadrunner was on the track. doing laps at 67???seconds.our tracks are HALF MILE .Bryce in his 65 Falcon will try to make our Sept 30 event with his new parts.At this time you can run as F-Stock,E-Street Prepared ,C-Prepared B-Prepared X-Prepared or "X "which is running without class. A group of Pro-Touring cars will run in Run Group 4.

Go to "San Diego Autocross" thread for more details

George P Autocross Enthusiast

Bryce, are you going on the 30th? I'd love to get the Barracuda out there prior to GG, and hopefully we can get the T-5 in Trujillos Mustang so he would go as well. George a 200 treadware class is a great idea for us GG muscle cars!

Thanks for reply about it Tom.I went to my first GG last March at Del Mar.I saw the autocross and chatted with some drivers.I wondered why aren't they running with us.The SCCA was something they heard of but never explored.I handed out 8 flyers but no one was showing up.Last January Bryce did ,Dan in the 68 Roadrunner and a guy in a Yellow Dodge Dart has.One car would show up but no one else.
      Tom you might have a goodtime in our ESP class.at our next event.I posted info on class at the other posting San Diego Autocross.

What are the rules you use to build you cars in the GG class.Do cars that still have leafsprings still have to run against guys that have front cross member and leafspring to 4-link changes?

In ESP leafspring cars do run against 4-links but they are stock 4-links.The only car running in ESP with us now is a Dodge Magum wagon.So it wide open for some new competitors

More SCCA details and current dates at thread "San Diego Autocross"

Who's interested in the next event .April 27,and 28 big west lot of Qualcomm Stadium San Diego.

half mile plus autocross course.all and any cars welcome. 93.DB limit.. 50 ft from DB meter This is the agreement we have to use the lot.Sound warnings are given to cars louder then 91DB. That is really the only restriction to run your car.It must pass a saftey inspection.Some odd cars are listed as unsafe.But they are unlikely to be autocrossed anyway.

also june 1st 2nd 29 amd 30th Find photos at threads San Diego autocross and San Diego SCCA autocross june 1,2,29,30

Name:  Mark's Chevelle.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  120.4 KBName:  Lotus XP.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  299.4 KBName:  Rick perry.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  182.4 KBName:  Serious SM.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  138.2 KBName:  Rich Stang.jpg
Views: 2573
Size:  117.8 KBName:  Nissan GTR.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  269.7 KBName:  Challenger and Truck.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  141.3 KBAttachment 82519Name:  Gregg at SCCA.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  213.4 KBName:  RX3.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  240.1 KBName:  69 Cuda.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  206.8 KBNext event 2013 sept 22..More info at thread "San Diego Autocoss"
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  Ben EDD ESP.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  59.9 KBName:  ESP page 001.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  144.0 KBName:  3808_10151937143582849_1449496219_n.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  47.2 KBName:  National%20Tour%20144.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  42.4 KBName:  537351_214349022035698_1445374632_n.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  37.8 KBName:  DSC_0395.JPG
Views: 609
Size:  54.7 KBName:  Falcon on course.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  55.7 KBName:  Matt on Course.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  24.7 KBName:  Tyler's%20falcon,and%20Mariebeth%20031.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  339.0 KB

Large autocross courses

THis thread needed photos so here
      More at thread"San Diego Autocross" .....SCCA site is SDR-SCCA.com/solo2

Also facebook "San Diego SCCA Autocross"

last events of 2013 are Oct 19,20 ,,"27novice class"
      Nov 3,16,17
      Dec 7
      Free to watch at QUALCOMM Stadium San Diego

2014 schedule is now up at SDR-SCCA.com .

Our Regional CAM class is 1978 and older 3000lb minimum.Cars have been weighed at event .. CAM being a Regional option class.When in a locals National Tour.It would follow that regions Format.Ours being 1978 and older.Welcoming cars doing GG events to our local/region events.Nothing newer.Thats where AS,ASR,FS,FSR,STU,ESP ,SM,,CP come in use,, even SSP ,BSP,XP.That should be enough classes for Muscle cars. Not all regions will offer CAM.It isn't a NATIONAL CLASS,And isn't written or structured to be like one.So it's a catch all for these cars for local events.That's my opin.WE also have a Novice class that you can run in

march 30 local event 30.00$, (Solo2 National Tour April ,4,5,6 110.00$ plus for late sign up )

Note Tuner cars like the late model Shelby 500 & BOSS Mustang aren't found in the standard stock FS muscle car class but in A-Stock street tire(AS) or race DOT tire "ASR" then next ESP to SM. The Saleen S281E starts in BSP to SM.. Firehawk Pontiacs in ESP and 383 in BSP to SM.Mustang Laguna Seca ,ESP or SM,CP
      standard Mustang,Camaro,ETC would be FS,FSR ,ESP,SM.CP

ESP being a popular class for Muscle cars .So heres the. ESP class list of cars.You can find lists of cars for most all the classes in the SCCA SOLO Book .The ESP list will change next year as all of the ALL Wheel Drive cars move to ASP class.In 2015 AWD cars like WRX Subarus are out of ESP

So looks like if you have a 4 seater Muscle car.Stock frame, SM is open to everyone with interior.Removing rear seat is allowed in SM.CP is another wide open class.Just can't add force induction in CP but can in SM.

If you go to thread San Diego Autocross TEXT 7.It covers a lot more of the Classing Modification Details. Another class option for these cars is STU on street tires.

You don't need to hear," There is no class for your car, only if there was CAM."
      I believe in giving the facts and let the driver make their choice.
      The SCCA does what it can to have class equal competition.

Please correct me if I made any errors.

2 big autocross events this weekend in San Diego.SCCA SOLO2 National Tour and GOOD GUYS DEL MAR on same weekend. More info in previous Text

Name:  P1010597.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  217.9 KBName:  P1010571.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  277.7 KBName:  P1010575.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  273.1 KBName:  P1010594.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  221.5 KBOur next event will be april 27.Class scheduling for the day can be found at sdr-scca.com/solo2 For the 27th we will be on the south east side of Qualcomm Stadium.The San Diego BMW club will have the west side.

feel free to ask a question here

Name:  10154111_10201693091755788_680378238543563951_n.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  27.5 KBApril 27 Todays course on our smaller lot .Still .83 of a mile. That's one lap with a car leaving the start line every 20 seconds,200 plus entries in 8 hours.4laps plus competition day and FUN RUNS!.4 laps in around a hours time per driver in run groups.

South east side QUALCOMM stadium parking lot broadcast on FM 93.7 or is it 97.3

BMW Autocross Club will be on the west lot.

June 1st will be our next event. It will be on the larger west lot.With it's sloping hill

Name:  TART June 1st.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  53.0 KBName:  Ben ESP Novice.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  63.6 KBNext 6 month schedule is out. Here's our next 2 months

JULY 5,6,19,20

Aug 9,10

Saturdays are limited enter pre-signup starting 3 weeks before event they fill in a week sometimes . Different track layout on Sunday
      Come get "HOOKED" on SCCA AUTOCROSS with us.Our new racer Ben in his ESP classed Mustang did.

With a fun courses like this how can you say no.. .86 of mile one time around 4 laps plus. A lot of it 3rd gear for some.40' of elevation change.Thanks to our TART Club guys and CAM driver Alcino A.. We had a great course june 1st

For More info also check out our other thread on PT "San Diego Autocross".If you happen to be at the Hotchkis Autocross in Fontana June 2014.You may have talked to me.George P. It was a great event.Many cars with Hotchkis pieces on our racer's cars at Qualcomm Stadium.

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  138.4 KBName:  Camaros and Me.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  56.6 KBName:  SCCA Promo ESP flyer 001.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  170.6 KBBest wishes to all our San Diego autocrossers in Nebraska .The 1161 SOLO2 National Championship entries should finish their runs on Thursday.Looks like there has been a larger turn out of Pony Cars this year.FS is up with 25( 19 vs 6 imports) ESP having 37 (22 vs 7 WRXs) Good to see a mix of imports fighting with Muscle cars.Also a jump was in Ground Pounding CP Muscle. 34 last year to 42 this year. There is a contingency of CAM having 23 divided into 3 classes.Known as being big Hp lacking grip.With all the sticky tire muscle cars in ESP and CP..I'm sure some CAM guys are thinking ."I need to try those" Some of the CAM C cars in the PRO/SOLO have.The top 3 finishers were ESP cars without their stickies.

For San Diego our next event is this weekend sept 7th. BTW With Muscle cars getting a jump in numbers.It was cool to see a ESP car on a recent flyer.It's good to know your classing options.
      Our next event oct 25,26 expecting 200 entries on the sunday 26th

Boy it's been a long time sense I last posted here.Well it's a good time to congratulate 3 of our San Diego SCCA Region members. I don't know when the last time SD had Muscle Car sedans making the road trip to the SCCA SOLO2 National Championships in Lincoln Nebraska.This year we had 3.There has been great turnout of Muscle cars in Lincoln over the years.This year there might of been a jump in numbers because of CAM category. CPclass had 43 Muscle cars,ESP had 38 ,36 of them Muscle cars,FS having 54 ,40 of them Muscle cars.CAM-C 22,CAM-T 8,CAM-s 4.So Muscle Cars were there in NUMBERs.Also plenty of classing options for the Muscle car crowd.Some say Muscle car guys don't have a willingness to read Rulebook class Options.And that's why there is CAM.I wouldn't use such a broad brush on that.Complete muscle car results show that.

Congrates to Our Local Racer Brett Madsen who finish 17 out of a total of 43 CP class cars DRiving his 1999 Mustang .For CAM-T we had 2 Tom Kamman and Richard Trujillo racing the 69 Mustang against stand out drivers like Mary Pozzi and the Unsers.Just to think I mentored these guys some and they took their passion of Autocross to the biggest Championship for it. In 2016 there is a good possibility of a FS classed 1LE making the the road trip to from SD to Lincoln.Does autocrossing a Mazda for over 20 years give you Stink eye? Man I hope not... BTW lets not forget Richard with the Corvette in CAM-S

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com