Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Restomod Air

Country Flag: Norway
      Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      Is there something wrong with your website? It says your AC units well for $1,700 to $1,800. I am curious as to why your plastic box with a coil in it and a fan stuck on the side is 3 times more money than anyone elses. A complete kit from classicautoair (we will keep this within the company) for a 69 Camaro sells at $1,425, so why the big number on the vapir and haymaker?
      If the quality is better than VA, i would pay more for the RA stuff.
      A friend of mine bought the VA system for his custom 54 mercury, not impressed by it.
      It looks and feels cheap.

Arne A Hjemaas

Country Flag: United States
      You can buy a cheap BMW, too. What did your friend buy? Just guessing here, A GEN II compac or super with the universal 4 knob control in a plastic pod? Yeah, not impressive by looks and feel if that is what he has but it is a proven system and will continue to work for the forseeable future all at a cost of about $500.........

So I ask again, what magic is in the RestoMod Air box that makes it worth the kind of money they are asking for it.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Just looked at your website.

Awfully dark overall with all that black. The grey font colors for writing and specification information against all that black is hard to read.

Found myself clicking away and not reading your product information. I am sure I an not the only one who would make this observation.

Yes your graphics are "Edgy & Cool" however the reality is you want customers to READ the information on your site about the specific products that a customer is interested purchasing. That's not easy in your website's current form for your older customers.

Let's face facts. Older is your market as the "Old Guys" have "All The Money'"!

Just an observation of your website that you should consider.
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Country Flag: Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      You can buy a cheap BMW, too. What did your friend buy? Just guessing here, A GEN II compac or super with the universal 4 knob control in a plastic pod? Yeah, not impressive by looks and feel if that is what he has but it is a proven system and will continue to work for the forseeable future all at a cost of about $500.........

So I ask again, what magic is in the RestoMod Air box that makes it worth the kind of money they are asking for it.
      That is right, he bought the Gen II compact system !
      Why is the reason for blocking of the fresh air inlet on most aftermarket AC system?
      I could not find any installation manuals on the Restomod website.
      I live in a country that have some cold days in the summertime, and with that comes the need for some good defogging.
      And you must agree with me in the fact that it is good with some competition in the AC market ;-)
      A lot of nice build cars with the same ugly control nobs for the AC..
      Arne A Hjemaas

So change the knobs. We have retrofit the genIV units and used factory controls. The fresh air vents, I think they are just in the way in most cases. No problems with the VinAir Defogger/defroster. I had a daily that I drove year round, snow, rain, sleet, whatever and the windshield was always clear.

Competition is good but right now all I see from RestomodAir is slick advertising, clever marketing, and ridiculous pricing.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

i just looked at there "haymaker system" the "complete setup with 4 free vents. but is it me or i dont see that it comes with any kind of controller?

Quote Originally Posted by bpatrol View Post
      i just looked at there "haymaker system" the "complete setup with 4 free vents. but is it me or i dont see that it comes with any kind of controller?
      Hmm, i thought it was complete?
      Well i did request a cataloge and info from Restomod air, but they could not send it to Norway!
      I got the cataloge from Vintage air, sooo i guess i use my money there ;-)
      Arne A Hjemaas

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Quote Originally Posted by NorwayCharger View Post
      Well i did request a cataloge and info from Restomod air, but they could not send it to Norway!
      You can't trust anyone living outside the USA! Specially people coming from Northern Europe. I'm amazed you didn't know that Arne. ;-)

Yeah, i should know that....

Quote Originally Posted by neki67 View Post
      You can't trust anyone living outside the USA! Specially people coming from Northern Europe. I'm amazed you didn't know that Arne. ;-)
      Arne A Hjemaas

Looking for wiring interface from GM C5 corvette electronic climate control unit to run Vintage Air Gen II servo system. Anybody doing the electrical work to interface with the existing wiring harnesses provided by Vintage, Classic, or Restomod Air? The HVAC manufacturers want you to believe that only their controls will work with with their systems. Should be simple wiring to interface with other electronic controllers. Not that many functions to sort out for a qualified auto wiring tech. The HVAC companies would be ahead of the game if they would offer compatibility wiring plugs with the major auto manufacturers climate control units. They could charge the same amount for the wiring plug interface as they do for their billet dial controls and serve the restomod clientele at a higher level.

i had called them, and they pretty much sell system you build. so, even the haymaker does not come with a controller. for their complete setup in a first gen camaro, your looking at 2500 plus.
      its vintage air for me. although they have cool vents just not 1000 plus cool:

First of all NOTHING and I mean NOTHIN from a R134a system could be used for RY1234. Basic information when a system is using 28-32 psi low side 175-250 high side pressures you sure cant retrofit to system using refrigerant in the THOUSANDS of PSI.
      From what I have read normal low sides are in 1000-2000 psi range on newest stuff. and they setups seem to require so much more control over operation.
      R134a runs ok when properly controlled and you have proper condenser/fan setup. Heck you could use any of the current refrigerants in a car, but R12 and R134a are only allowed for in regular cars, yes some truck use 22 and 401 but honestly why reinvent the wheel. Only reason 12 got axed was Du Pont lost patent rights to it. R134a got tap and they make more cash on it.
      RY1234 is CO2, and yet our breath is global warming component. HMMMMM
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com