Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Forget it. It has been a long day. I looked at it wrong.

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

What size fittings are in the 18M974 master cylinder?

And what size is the bore? 15/16"?

The front port is 9/16" - 18 and the back is 1/2" - 20.
      The bore size is either 15/16" or 1". I can't remember, I will check later.

I bought my master from rock auto and all star performance has the fittings to adapt it to to 3/16 lines

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

Name:  20150125_210533_zps5xlo89ql.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  70.5 KB
      86 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by gray86hach View Post
      I bought my master from rock auto and all star performance has the fittings to adapt it to to 3/16 lines

Tim
      That works too. Nice job.

Great thanks Paul. I also was wondering how you did the ports.. Front front or front to rear? Thanks.
      PM
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

Front to rear is what dse and hydratech say.

Tim
      86 Mustang

Tim is correct, front port to rear bakes. Back port to front brakes.

Bump. Would this set up work in my 69 Camaro? Also are you running disk/disk?

I have c6 z51 on mine.

Wilwood now has a bracket that lays the valve under the master for more clearance to the wheel liner.

Tim
      86 Mustang

I cant seem to find that bracket your talking about Tim, mind posting a link?
      As far as the Prop valve goes, which one would you recommend. I was about to order until I seen 3 different ones that look identical

Quote Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
      Bump. Would this set up work in my 69 Camaro? Also are you running disk/disk?
      Not sure, check with Tobin at Kore-3. Very nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gray86hach View Post
      I have c6 z51 on mine.

Wilwood now has a bracket that lays the valve under the master for more clearance to the wheel liner.

Tim
      Kore-3 has a nice stainless steel one that does the same thing. That is where I got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
      I cant seem to find that bracket your talking about Tim, mind posting a link?
      As far as the Prop valve goes, which one would you recommend. I was about to order until I seen 3 different ones that look identical
      I believe they are all the same. The port threads are differant. Standard, Metric, Port size.

So for the front brakes, did you just run the line from the MC to a T-splitter (aps63)? I'm assuming the prop valve you have only has 1 inlet and 1 out going to the rear brakes? Any pics of this? I believe the Wilwood prop valve gray86hach is using has 2 outlets for the front brakes.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nativefx View Post
      So for the front brakes, did you just run the line from the MC to a T-splitter (aps63)? I'm assuming the prop valve you have only has 1 inlet and 1 out going to the rear brakes? Any pics of this? I believe the Wilwood prop valve gray86hach is using has 2 outlets for the front brakes.

thanks
      Even with the 2 outlets you only have to use one. The option is to run a port to each caliper or a single line to a T blocking the unused port.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I have the same Booster a Tuffstuff 2229NC, and the MC 18M974, my problem is the bolts on the booster seem a little too wide for the mc to attach correctly. Any one else have this problem? Think if I just squeeze the bolts together a bit on the booster it would work? Maybe they got spread apart some how? Any help would be great.

Also I bought the same Wilwood prop valve grey86hach has, along with the bracket. This is for a 71 Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by firecatwilson View Post
      I have the same Booster a Tuffstuff 2229NC, and the MC 18M974, my problem is the bolts on the booster seem a little too wide for the mc to attach correctly. Any one else have this problem? Think if I just squeeze the bolts together a bit on the booster it would work? Maybe they got spread apart some how? Any help would be great.

Also I bought the same Wilwood prop valve grey86hach has, along with the bracket. This is for a 71 Nova.
      Seems like they just got bent out a bit. Measure the bolts at their base and measure the holes on the m/c. If they match up, just squeeze them together and slide it on.

Clevis info please. Did you buy the brackets from dse? I know the second chance camaro used their low profile brackets for first gens.

DSE brackets

Allstar performance has a clevis kit

Tim
      86 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by anzael View Post
      Clevis info please. Did you buy the brackets from dse? I know the second chance camaro used their low profile brackets for first gens.
      Yes, I got the bracket from DSE.
      The clevis I got on EBay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com