Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Primer time 69 camaro

I have 69 camaro body work all done and car is sanded with 80 to bare metal, I am planning on using dp90 for the inside floor and outside body, I have seen the slick sand product wich is high build, and though about using it then following up with ppg k38, Is there another product I could use on the floor and interior to seal it up instead of using dp90 that would save a few bucks or just dp 90 everything? also would you guys that have used slick sand recommend it or go to k38 and go with that, any advice would be appreciated thanks

I have had great results using DP90 over bare metal. As far as the slick sand I am not familiar with it so I can't say but I would stay with products from the same paint company. My process is epoxy prime, do body work on the epoxy ( that way the metal is sealed on both sides) finish my body work out with p180 grit and filler prime.

Slick sand is a polyester product and can not be used over DP primer until the epoxy has reached full cure. I am talking more than a week. DP epoxy doesn't reach full cure for seven days. Then do a quick sand to afraid the epoxy and slick sand. No problems.

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

On bare metal I always start with epoxy, personally use Spi, and not 100% sure on the cure times of DP, it's been a long time since i've used DP. but as stated above you don't want to go right over it with a poly primer, needs some time to cure, either way, just get the epoxy down first.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com