Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 Camaro LS Mount Issue

Have a 1969 camaro and attempting to put a LS3/T56 Magnum combo in it. Currently trying to mock up motor and tranny but running into an issue with the mounts. I am running S&P LS engine adapter plates with prothane 7-504 (short style) engine mounts and stock SB frame mounts. WHen putting engine/tranny in car i cannot get engine mounts to line-up with frame mounts. It appears that the frame mounts are mount ~1/8" too low on each side.

Has anybody had to slot the frame mount holes to get the engine mounted in a 1969 camaro? Would this be okay to slot hole and tack weld frame mount to subframe? NEED HELP!!!

Will shimming the frame mounts fix the problem? I have seen that before.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Well I think if i were to shim the frame mounts it would make it worse. The problem is almost like the motor mount (prothane) does not want to go down enough for my holes to line up. I wonder if I could actually remove a little bit of the prothane material which touches the top of the frame mount to allow the engine to slide down more and holes align

I had a similar issue with my LS2 install. I enlarged the bolt holes in the frame stands and motor mounts. Then I left the frame stands loose until I got the motor bolted in.

I had the same problem. I had to grind off the .5 in L bent part of the steel plate that the urathane is bonded to on the passenger side only.
      No oblonging of holes.
      Try angling in the engine, put the bolt in the drivers side mount to the frame and then lower the passenger side.
      You will see where the L part of the urathane mount is hitting the frame pedestal.

Hope this helps

Update

Please see attached picture. I know that it may not be normal practice but I bolted the frame mount to the prothane engine mount. Once I got the transmission crossmember in and everything looking half decent...aka the tranny mount lined up with the crossmember....this is what I was left with. The frame mount were about 3/16" high on the front while the rear bolt was flat. I tightened the bolts down and then it was flush with the frame. Thoughts or concers?

Name:  IMG-20120803-00242.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  174.8 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com