Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Moser 12 bolt axle bearing

Hello everybody,

Thanks ahead of time for answering my question; It may be obvious for some!

I ordered a moser 12 bolt with c clip eliminator, bolt-in axles. I tried installing the axles tonight only to notice the bearing pressed on to each axle sticks out nearly 1/8" past the bearing end welded on the axle tubes - (The bearing itself when installed is not flush with the brake mounting surface at end of cap). Does this have any significance at all? Am i over thinking this? Should I Just bold the retainer on an call it good? Thanks for your 2 cents on this matter.

These two shots show the bearing end and bearing pressed on the axle just as they were shipped.

Name:  photo(9).JPG
Views: 440
Size:  96.8 KBName:  photo(8).JPG
Views: 701
Size:  110.1 KB
      Brian

68lovebuzz
      68 Camaro, LS6, TKO 600, Moser 12 bolt 3.73 W/Eaton LSD, hotchkis/bilstein, KORE3 C5 brakes, RUSHFORTHs and a few other tweaks ; )

Moser 12 bolt axle bearing

Yep the bearing will stick out some and retainer goes on it. Just like a new style big ford end.

I thought the same thing when I installed my axles. but they will stick out a little.
      Brandon Slater

1979 Z28
      1972 Nova
      2015 2500 silverado crew cab duramax

Quote Originally Posted by brownz View Post
      I thought the same thing when I installed my axles. but they will stick out a little.
      Thank you for the information. The **** that keeps me up at night! hahahaa. you guys are awesome.
      Brian

68lovebuzz
      68 Camaro, LS6, TKO 600, Moser 12 bolt 3.73 W/Eaton LSD, hotchkis/bilstein, KORE3 C5 brakes, RUSHFORTHs and a few other tweaks ; )