Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Mike Coletta sent me a few pictures of the progress of the 64 Roadster and reminded me that it has been 2 months since I dropped off the body to him. Obviously, he has done a ton of work in a very short amount of time. It is all about the build now: Windows are in, wiring is in progress, and various items have already been installed, including the grill and bumpers. It looks like a Corvette again – just better!

Notice the Kenwood amplifier? To the left of it will be the Bazooka Subwoofer 6” and both will be hidden behind a custom made carpeted board for a clean look.

:party::party::party:

The kids (no school), my Dad and I had the opportunity to see the Corvette today and drop off the parts that Mike will soon need to complete this RestoMod build. The color looks amazing to me but it is really hard to distinguish in the photographs under the bright sky. What has been done in 2 months is amazing but there is plenty of work left to complete in the next month and change. Given that my old 1958 Roadster took 4 years for my Dad and I to finish (with no comparison to the quality of this 64), I can wait another 30 to 45 days (Does that sound convincing enough???).

Here is my Dad:

....and my great kids...

:thumbs:

your corvette is like the rich kid all the minorities wanted to fuc up in hichschool lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Trans View Post
      your corvette is like the rich kid all the minorities wanted to fuc up in hichschool lol!
      Funny thing is - I am a Hispanic / Italian minority, grew up dirt poor and drove a 1980 Citation through college so I know exactly the feeling you mean. To me this Vette represents my revenge over those snobby rich kids who never really appreciated anything they really had or will have....

I have been very busy with the day job and have not had much time to post any updates lately. Fortunately for me however, Mike continues with the final assembly of the 64 Roadster.
      It appears that I will have the Corvette completed by Thanksgiving – which is really wonderful.
      The weather in Florida is nice and cool so driving this baby is going to be oh so much fun!!! Here are a couple of shots of the interior. There is a lot of wiring in this Vette with the A/C, cruise control unit, ECM for the LS3, the push button start electronics, and stereo. It is tight behind the dash.

The Vette is looking sweet! I hope to see it in person on the Power Tour.

Joe

Have not thought about Power Tour. Maybe if I had a 55 Nomad restomod/pro tour I could bring the family - right??
      Ah to dream about the next one..
      But realistically, got to shake her down to insure she is super reliable. We shall see!!!

Btw - your auto meter adapter kit is really great!!!

Dan

She is finally done!!!!

Can you add some photos of the power hood mounting top and bottom. We would like to include in our build. Also, how are you latching the hood to prevent rattling? Are you using the stock latch, bumpers, and release cable? Great looking build. Paint looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by buck19 View Post
      Can you add some photos of the power hood mounting top and bottom. We would like to include in our build. Also, how are you latching the hood to prevent rattling? Are you using the stock latch, bumpers, and release cable? Great looking build. Paint looks very good.
      We are using an electric linear actuator arm that has two preset positions that we set for the open and close settings. The arm is stiff enough to avoid rattling. In the closed position, we have placed two rubber stoppers on the hood only. In the event of a battery failure, I have access to the actuator via the passenger wheel well to pull a pin that releases the arm to allow manual operation.

I can post pictures after I pick up the car over the weekend.

Dan

Country Flag: Australia
      Darned nice job! Those Stinger hoods are just so damn cool!
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Sidepipes and under car exhaust? Are you running cutouts?

Quote Originally Posted by MrForce View Post
      Sidepipes and under car exhaust? Are you running cutouts?
      I was wondering when someone was going to catch that and ask...... so here it is;
      I love the look of the side pipes but for personal and family reasons, had to look for a quieter solution. The Magnaflow mufflers with the x-pipes give me the low tone I want with the quietness I need. The side pipes are fake for now. The thought of a bypass crossed my mind but my schedule was tight so I opted against it for now.

Dan

It was an anxious last couple of days to see whether or not the Roadster was coming home over the weekend. :ack:

Fortunately - the initial gremlins have been addressed and we were able to make the 200 mile journey with ZERO issues. :thumbs:

Here is a picture of my daughter and me in the Roadster preparing for the drive home:

and three hours later, here is the Roadster finally in my driveway!!
      :woohoo:

The odometer has a bit over 400 miles on it now and we will spend the next few weeks getting acquainted and making adjustments as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetterodder com View Post
      We are using an electric linear actuator arm that has two preset positions that we set for the open and close settings. The arm is stiff enough to avoid rattling. In the closed position, we have placed two rubber stoppers on the hood only. In the event of a battery failure, I have access to the actuator via the passenger wheel well to pull a pin that releases the arm to allow manual operation.

I can post pictures after I pick up the car over the weekend.

Dan
      As promised - here is a top and bottom picture of the linear actuator installed on the hood and body mount:

Great looking ride. I appreciate the power lift hood photos. Can you also include some full engine bay shots showing the rubber bump stops and release or catch mechanism if you are using any. We are attempting to get a full perspective on the fitment and remote activation. Thank you for your help. Have fun burning rubber.

I hope you can make it to Carlisle next summer with the finnished product
      Great looking car !
      Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by buck19 View Post
      Great looking ride. I appreciate the power lift hood photos. Can you also include some full engine bay shots showing the rubber bump stops and release or catch mechanism if you are using any. We are attempting to get a full perspective on the fitment and remote activation. Thank you for your help. Have fun burning rubber.
      Nothing fancy here.... just rubber stops epoxy glued - no catch mechanism because the arm extended holds the hood in place. The mechanism is both remote control activated (fob) and if you scroll up from this post, you will see an up and down switch above the parking brake from a previous picture posted.

See pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by Vetterodder com View Post
      Funny thing is - I am a Hispanic / Italian minority, grew up dirt poor and drove a 1980 Citation through college so I know exactly the feeling you mean. To me this Vette represents my revenge over those snobby rich kids who never really appreciated anything they really had or will have....
      Real sorry to read post like this. I came from nothing. Worked weekends as bouncer in clubs for 25 years and found that it's not the Rich looking down their noises at people with less, but just the other way around, that it was the poor that failed to look at the man, rather than at his money that fosters your attitude on subject. No amount of money can buy you class. Class has to be earned no matter if your rich are poor! Self respect and respect for others allows you to navigate both worlds without feeling inferior or superior to the other.

A Vette are any other thing want do it.

I'm not here to judge you, I'll let you judge yourselfs. I hope what I've read here is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorhousenext View Post
      Real sorry to read post like this. I came from nothing. Worked weekends as bouncer in clubs for 25 years and found that it's not the Rich looking down their noises at people with less, but just the other way around, that it was the poor that failed to look at the man, rather than at his money that fosters your attitude on subject. No amount of money can buy you class. Class has to be earned no matter if your rich are poor! Self respect and respect for others allows you to navigate both worlds without feeling inferior or superior to the other.

A Vette are any other thing want do it.

I'm not here to judge you, I'll let you judge yourselfs. I hope what I've read here is wrong.
      Amen brother - good post from your end.......and I am here to state that your are right, you are reading into this wrong.
      You captured the thought much better than my lame attempt.

And now, back to Corvettes !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com