Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Harbor Freight Tool Boxes WOW!

So I have outgrown my startup Craftsman 26 inch double tiered toolbox and need to get something else for my HOME GARAGE... Snap On, Husky, Matco, Cornwell, etc.. all HUGE money and then I came across the 44 inch wide multidrawered U.S. General tool box from Harbor Freight. I know it is not professional garage mechanic quality like Snap On but COME ON.. when and saw this in person and I was very impressed with it. For the two top and bottom "Middle"parts pictured below. 21 Draws and It runs $689.. That less than HALF all the big name brands charge for a similiar setup. Anyone have one they care to comment on? They also sell the add ons and I am considering buying the side drawer add on for another $200 so in total I would have 28 drawers all for 889??? Am I missing something here?

Name:  toolbox.jpg
Views: 78368
Size:  179.3 KB

Lots of people buying them because of how cheap they are... I can't remember who makes them, but for some reason, I want to say they roll off of the same assembly line as torin boxes. And as for price, its more like 1/2 of the craftsman price, 1/8 the truck brands price!
      Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

I bought several of them 6 years ago, when I first moved to Florida. They've held up nicely, and I'd buy them again.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Country Flag: Wales
      I have an EPIC Snap-On tool box and the US general toolbox, now the Snap-On box is nice, but is it $7500 nicer?? no way. If I hadn't gotten the Snap-On at a very good price, I would have bought a second US General one.

Nick
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      64 Riviera Custom - 20's, air bags
      Shell Valley Cobra
      2005 Penske Racing Dodge Charger Nextel Cup Car "Rusty's Last Round"

Ball bearing drawer slides are a MUST....if it has those, I'll be visiting my local HF on the way home.

Rick Butterfield

I believe they do have the better slides, not sure if they are ball bearing but they do slide very nice.

I have seen these pop up in a lot of the shops I go to! They seem very nice and these guys are using them every day. My first Snap On box was 5000 back in 1988 and it was big, the same size box today is like 7500 NO way would I ever spend that kind of cash today on a STORAGE box for my tool!

Mark I would buy one for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happyfunballs View Post
      Ball bearing drawer slides are a MUST....if it has those, I'll be visiting my local HF on the way home.
      Rick

Harbor Freight Tool Boxes WOW!

Check out northern tool also. They have some nice homak boxes for good prices. I have a snap on box myself but I looked at the Homaks the other day and was impressed.

Yea on my way to buy one for sure today! Cant beat the price and Harbor Freight is killer in the deals department. I also like the fact that they have just about everything put together and setup for customers to touch and feel. The drawers really do slide in and out with ease. I have a Craftsman box right now and I would say they slide in and out better than those do. I also saw a video on YOUTUBE of a guy STANDING on the top drawer of the lower cabinet with the drawer full of tools! Not crazy enough to do that but I though it made a good point even though I probably would have choosen a different way to show it! I may post a video of it put together once I get it home for anyone that is interested in seeing it up close and personal...

Yea saw the Homak ones too BUT the comparable HOMAK top and bottom set would cost you $800 with 18 drawers total while the US General from Harbor Freight would cost you $668 with 21 Drawers AND for an extra $200 I could get the add on 7 drawer which hang attaches to either side of this setup. So I could either pay less for the more drawer setup with Harbor Freight, OR pay 68 buck more than the HOMAK setup and get 7 MORE drawers for 28 in total.. Damn this is a REALLY GOOD DEAL!!!

I've got a Craftsman ball-bearing slide box .
      It's been great for years .
      I'd buy just about any of the boxes with ball bearing slides , they're all pretty good ...
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Make sure to use one of the 20% off coupons in any of the magazines we normally get.

Quote Originally Posted by ehummelman View Post
      Make sure to use one of the 20% off coupons in any of the magazines we normally get.
      Unfortunately I does not apply to TOOL BOXES or Chests.. Fine print...

Found this bad boy as well. Pic was huge so I left it off.

Rick Butterfield

My HF boxes have balls. Ball bearings that is.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Happyfunballs View Post
      Found this bad boy as well. Pic was huge so I left it off.
      Yea looked into that option as well BUT when I looked at the 44 inch one with the TOP as well and ADDED on the 7 drawer add on you actually get 40% more storage while only paying 68 bucks more.. Can you tell I researched the heck out of this already? LOL.

Mark
      TOOFUN

Country Flag: North Korea
      Don't quote me on this, but i had heard that the HF tool boxes and the craftsmen toolboxes came from the same factories just with different labels.

I just bought a costco stainless 62" long 40" tall butcher block roll away, ball bearing drawer sliders for 500. But those HF ones are nice for the price.

The big box in the center of the opening picture will be on sale in July for I "believe" $589

I bought that box about 18 months and it is worth every penny.

HF 25% off coupons being given out at stores now for 4th of July sale...! Would make one of these pretty cheap if it's applicable.
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com