Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Any "quiet" sway bar tips?

I'll be installing my front sway bar hopefully this weekend. Are there any tips besides liberally spreading the "goo" that comes with the bar on the body bushings to help keep the bar from binding and squeeking?

I believe I've read that teflon tape wrapped around the bar at the bushing mounting points helps. Is this true and does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

1965 GTO - 439ci Pontiac ,66 Tripower induction, M-20, Full GW suspension, 3:1 PS, manual Baer 13"/12" disks, 18" AR TT2 "Classics"
      2005 GTO - chrome lugs and valve caps...

Country Flag: United States
      I've had a complete set of poly bushings in my truck since I dropped it in '99. I've never had a problem with bushing squeak. I lubed everything really well when I put it together but haven't touched it since... I probably just jinxed myself...
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Teflon tape has always worked well for me

Silly question... I assume you wrap the bar in teflon then lube over the tape at the contact points for the body bushings. Does this sound correct? Thanks.
      1965 GTO - 439ci Pontiac ,66 Tripower induction, M-20, Full GW suspension, 3:1 PS, manual Baer 13"/12" disks, 18" AR TT2 "Classics"

either that or roll it up and stuff em in your ears....sorry.... if you keep em lubed you will have NO problems. The Energy suspension ones are nice with zerk fitting and lube channels.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

They make great ear plugs!!! These brackets don't accomodate fittings and there are no channels in the bushing. (That would have been 1st prize) Once you set up the "static" brackets, these doesn't appear to be any way of keeping them lubricated. If there is, I'm all "ears"...

What size bar do you have?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com