Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      As long as you are happy with your car, take the shows for what they are, an opportunity to meet people.

I found most shows are won, by showing up early, getting a good spot and knowing a lot of people, or having good friends, that show up to vote for you.
      Of course having a pure show car, that does not get driven much, helps too.

Personally I get really bored, sitting in a chair, beside my car, for more than about 15 minutes. If you really want a trophy, then I personally think it would be better to buy yourself one, and then go out and have fun with your car.

I can't imagine spending all week polishing lug nuts, and laying on your back, cleaning up grease nipples for a $5 trophy. I'd rather drive.

Do you have to pay to enter this show? If so you can't show up after the registration period and expect to be in the show. You'll wind up in the spectator parking area no matter how long you spent cleaning the car. And most shows would rather not have the cars leave early, not with spectators walking around.

Country Flag: United States
      I don't really like car shows. The fact my car isn't super nice is part of that. I built it to beat on, so I don't expect trophies at shows. Track trophies are cooler anyway.

But sometimes it's fun to go hang with your local car pals, check out the scene, and laugh at cars built with no taste, since my pals and I are the ultimate authorities on everything cool. Just ask us. We are the automotive fashion police, and it's hilarious.

There are worse ways to spend a day.
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com