• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      take it to the event in full primer and teach those cars a lesson!!
      1966 Mustang Coupe
      5.0 EFI- T5

Quote Originally Posted by rhurley View Post
      take it to the event in full primer and teach those cars a lesson!!
      Battle attire lol
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

This project is really looking great. Thanks for some inspiration!
      1988 Mazda RX7 - Forged LS/T56, 76mm turbo, ProEFI, Ford 8.8 - Sold
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.
      2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Full bolt-ons
      2016 BMW 428iX GranSport - Stock...ish.

Well, it looks like I am going to Texas as I really want to see this car complete in person.

I have set a goal to be plowing over cones in front of everyone at the fall Good Guys Texas nationals in September. Not exactly pressing for time but should give me a push to have it running and ironed out a little more by then.

No serious updates, I dropped the transmission and swapped out torque converters for a Neil Chance 3000 stall, filter/gasket, started wiring up my Quick Shift 2 trans controller and doing some general wiring tiding up. I also rerouted all of my lines and cables out of the trans tunnel. Its fun integrating 4 non original systems into a classic mustang and still retain all of the original operating systems appearance. I ditched the fender mount starter relay and am taking advantage of the one on the starter so that cleaned up a number of wires running back and forth. I also picked up a set of 80lb injectors (from 47's) so I could have shoes to grow into. Finally got my Lokar gas pedal installed, just need a bracket at the throttle body.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Well, it looks like I am going to Texas as I really want to see this car complete in person.
      Well come on! We can all laugh at my skills together
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I did a thing, just when I'm nearing completion with my car I track down a new one. This is my old 89 5.0. I bought this right after I graduated high-school back in 2004, was our get away car at our wedding, I drug it out to southern Georgia when I joined the Navy and then sold it a few years after that since I had a kid on the way. I have been looking for the car since 2010 when I moved back to Texas and have finally tracked it down a week ago. So Friday of last week I boarded a plane for Jacksonville, FL, had a buddy pick me up from the airport and drive me to the car. 30 minutes later I had keys in hand and headed west. I put just over 1,000 miles on the car in 1-1/2 days with zero knowledge of the overall condition. Short of some flat spotted, 12 year old tires, fixed back race seats and straight pipe exhaust, the car didn't miss a beat! I'm now trying to return it back to a clean, nicely modded daily, removing much of the "boy racer" doo dads I put on it when I was in my early 20's and some of the "professional" repairs done to it. But I'm in heaven with the car and my wife can finally stop hearing me talk about it all the time. She even likes it enough to have our son take our picture with it.

After I got it home, installed new headlights and removed all the excess gauges.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Congrats. Does this mean you are going to be around at the shows now?

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      Congrats. Does this mean you are going to be around at the shows now?
      Which shows exactly?
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

In tank 450lph pump conversion. I didn't get a picture but I built a bracket to hang down and support the pump.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Before picking up the fox I got the exhaust dropped, fully welded and painted. Installed the driveshaft safety loop and worked on wiring up the starter and trans controller. I spend WAY too much time on routing wiring but I'm semi OCD on stupid ****. I also wired up my sequential LED taillights and installed new lenses. Soft mounted my new Joes Racing fuel filler cap, it'll be black to better match. I had to swap out headlight buckets since the re-pop ones that came installed on my Mustangs To Fear nose piece are garbage and the rings were at minimum a 1/2" off.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I sent the family to Disney for a week and decided to take off time from work to thrash on the car, it turned out being record high temperature outside so I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I still got a ton of stuff knocked out. Completed fuel lines, tank hard mounted, E85 sensor adapted in and Megasquirt modified to accept it, new spark plugs, timing set, engine cooling fan relay module built and wired up, brackets for radiator and intercooler fabricated and installed, radiator hoses finalized, front suspension tightened up and ride height set, brake system lines bent and installed, bracket for the brake bias built and installed, 1 front caliper needed rebuilt again, brake system bled, sway bar connected, spindles drilled out for the Maximum Motorsports bumpsteer kit (thanks again Icemanard), fluid in trans, tracked down a belt for alternator, wired up alternator, and I'm sure I'm missing out on some other big steps I finished off.

This weekend I put fuel in it, primed the system (no leaks!!) and loaded a tune in the computer. There was something wrong with the tune and when I turned the key on the injectors kicked on and proceeded to fill the combustion chambers with fuel in no time flat (80lb/hr injectors and 450lph pump flow a ton of fuel). So that is something I'm investigating right now after the stink of fuel subsides from my garage.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Looking good. I agree, the Texas heat does not help with progress.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Looking good. I agree, the Texas heat does not help with progress.
      No doubt, I was going 7-3 then coming back out around 9pm-12.

Damn the car is filthy lol, I need to clean it up a little
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Progress is looking great! I'm a little behind where you're at on the engine control part of my build, not looking forward to troubleshooting the "weird" bits of that. :D
      1988 Mazda RX7 - Forged LS/T56, 76mm turbo, ProEFI, Ford 8.8 - Sold
      1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, Haltech, big brakes, updated suspension.
      2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Full bolt-ons
      2016 BMW 428iX GranSport - Stock...ish.

I did a thing, just when I'm nearing completion with my car I track down a new one. This is my old 89 5.0. I bought this right after I graduated high-school back in 2004, was our get away car at our wedding, I drug it out to southern Georgia when I joined the Navy and then sold it a few years after that since I had a kid on the way. I have been looking for the car since 2010 when I moved back to Texas and have finally tracked it down a week ago. So Friday of last week I boarded a plane for Jacksonville, FL, had a buddy pick me up from the airport and drive me to the car. 30 minutes later I had keys in hand and headed west. I put just over 1,000 miles on the car in 1-1/2 days with zero knowledge of the overall condition. Short of some flat spotted, 12 year old tires, fixed back race seats and straight pipe exhaust, the car didn't miss a beat! I'm now trying to return it back to a clean, nicely modded daily, removing much of the "boy racer" doo dads I put on it when I was in my early 20's and some of the "professional" repairs done to it. But I'm in heaven with the car and my wife can finally stop hearing me talk about it all the time. She even likes it enough to have our son take our picture with it.

After I got it home, installed new headlights and removed all the excess gauges.

That's a cool story, congrats !!

Congrats on getting the fox back! Looks awesome.
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

Holy crap I just spent the last 6 hours reading this. man what a build. so impressed with all the work you did. I see you tackling some of the same stuff I am or going to do.

what happened to the wing, the lip on the rear and the sump tank?

are there any updates?
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

[

hey,i spot a race part solutions sticker on the tool box LOL

congrats on getting the fox back. my project fox was bought new by my grandpa. when does the fox get a build thread on here?
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com