Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Help with a serpentine/blower combo fitment

I am hoping someone has run a similiar setup.
      67 camaro--Small block chevy----weiand 144 blower----with some sort of serpentine belt system.
      I would like to put the v/a front runner system on.......or even a factory GM type (out of a 90's truck) that everyone talks of.
      My concerns are that I buy a V/A system....it doesnt work...and I cannot return it.........or that the Gm style tensioner on the pass side will hit the blower snout.
      Or that the pulleys on the water pump and crank shaft will be bumped out to far for the crank pulley of the blower.
      If anyone has run both a (serp.system) and one of these blowers I would love to know what will fit before I buy.
      All these forums do similiar swaps, but I cannot find anyone with a small 144 style blower.......that snout seems to be my hang up.
      Here is a current pic so you know what I got.....
      Thanks guys

Attached Images Attached Images  
      CAN YOU BUILD PROTOUR ON A BUDGET?! NOT!
      Time isn't something you have!
      It's something you make!

Country Flag: Wales
      I don’t know if this will fit your blower but this looks to be an expensive answer

EDELBROCK E-FORCE TRU=TRAC SERPENTINE SYSTEMS
      Edelbrock/Billet Specialties E-Force Tru-Trac serpentine belt systems are engineered to work exclusively with Edelbrock E-Force RPM Superchargers for the ultimate in looks and performance. CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum and polished to a mirror finish, they bolt right on and align perfectly without the need for stabilizer brackets or adjuster bars. They also increase the efficiency of the water pump, alternator and compressor by eliminating belt slippage. Select pulleys are hardcoat anodized for increased durability, preventing wear from the backside of the serpentine belt. In addition to stainless steel ARP fasteners, a 6-rib serpentine belt, and a comprehensive installation manual, these complete systems include polished Powermaster 105 amp 1-wire alternator, polished Sanden SD-7 AC compressor, a polished Edelbrock reverse rotation water pump, polished 6061-T6 billet aluminum pulleys and brackets, and optional Maval Manufacturing power steering pump with AN fittings.
      ''Courage is being scared to death
      - But saddling up anyway''.......John Wayne...

Anthony

Uggh!!!! that is a CHUNK OF CHANGE!!!
      Thanks for the info........i will have to call and see if I can get theem to tell me if Im close in dimensions with this B&M blower. Im sure all they will say is::
      ----WE CAN ONLY TELL YOU ABOUT EDELBROCK AND THAT IT WILL ONLY FIT OURS--
      Anyone else have ay suggestions or input about this system or any other combo similiar??? Would be appreciated cause i am not dealing with a small amount of money for any of these belt systems. I just dont wanna get hung with one that wont fit.
      THANKS GUYS
      It's something you make!

Another question for you guys out there.....
      The Edelbrock e- force system is a kit produced by Billet specialties with some additional brackets made by Edelbrock to work with there blower.
      Does anyone know if there blower would have the same dimensions as my current B&M 144??
      Billet Spec. seems to think it will fit.
      Edelbrock gave me a dimension from timing cover to edge of blower snout pulley (5.50")
      Didnt know if anyone, or a Vendor had anymore input on this, or any connections with Edelbrock to try and help with with dimensions.
      I would really like to get this system to work.
      Thanks guys
      It's something you make!

Country Flag: Wales
      try this link this may help http://www.marchperf.com/pg14.html
      On the blower set up you may be able to run the belt up to the blower in between the two top idlers
      Cant find a clip to show you but on the show wrecks to riches that’s the system Barry white used on a 69 camaro with a magnacharger
      ''Courage is being scared to death
      - But saddling up anyway''.......John Wayne...

Anthony

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com