Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada

Long overdue intro 69 Firebird

Long overdue intro Firebird
      Well its has been 4 years since I started my Firebird build another "Tans Am" clone. I have always gone the pure stock direction, numbers matching concours quality,I have one a concours gold award on one of my I call tropy cars, because after finishing them you can"t drive them. you guys get the picture, I got bored at just sitting around people admiring my GTO's. Then a friend of mine who is a regular here introduced me to pro-touring and have been amazed at what you guys do with your cars and can't wait to join you all with my bird.

So on with my build, I started off with what I am somewhat familiar with, Pontiac,and am somewhat bias to 69 GTO,s because I have had 5 of them and I have never had a vintage F body before, so it was obvious it was going to be a 69 Bird. I found one at some dudes place that was an Oldsmobile guy, no motor or trans perfect for my build and was reasonable, also pretty easy to pry from this guys hands. I brought it home stripped it and on the rottisery it went. First to the blasters and then to the body shop, to asses what it needs. new trunk floors and drivers floor. I started researching here on pro-touring, and decided to go with Blake from Speed-tech, what a great bunch of guys! they shipped me a new front subframe and there upper lower control arms, rack and pinion steering, ATS spindles,

I was planning on going with a twin turbo Pontiac engine, I changed my mind after looking at another firebird with the same combo, it had a 400 Pontiac with two turbos at a car show, there was no room for anything and you see where the turbos where deforming the fiberglass hood, not good! so I finally settled with an LS build. I contacted Frank at Prodigy, we talked back and forth for quite a while, that man is full of knowledge, we settled on a 418 LS3 with a Magnuson 2300 and wagner pulleys, I hope to get this engine soon, I am very excited about how this thing would look under the hood.

so will fast forward a bit, on what is finished so far.
      DSE mini tubbed and DSE frame connectors
      6 spd viper trans with scatter shield
      Moser 9inch with 31 spline axles 3.50 gears
      air ride suspension, prodigy air bar
      I will try and post some pics latter today
      Imran

here is a link from the Newbie sectionhttps://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?80363-Long-overdue-intro-Firebird with some pics of the build,

Great to see another 69 Firebird getting reworked PT style
      Do what's right,not what's easy
      69 Firebird
      71 Cuda
      98 Supra 6speed white APU
      98 Lexus GS400tt widebody

Elite Custom Body
      Stefan B.

The bird is still in bodyshop jail, this is a good time to research and get the parts needed, got all new smoked glass yesterday, I want to use the factory Trans Am rear spoiler, but after returning two of them, both where just wrong, one of them had a bow so bad and was short on the ends, the other one had the ends turned the wrong way, can't understand why manufactures sell such junk and expect us to put up with it. well still searching for the right one. any suggestions on where to turn?

Just a quick update, got a call from Frank at Prodigy customs on my 418 LS engine he is building, needs to find and instal an 02 sensor and is having to restle with the front pulley system from Wagner, nothing I am sure he can't handle. After that its off to the dyno shop by the end of this week and get some numbers! Hope to get some pics and vids on this, and post on here soon! this is where things get excited. can't wait.
      Imran

Welcome to the board. I'll be looking forward to some pics
      Traven

Country Flag: United States
      Keep us updated and keep posting pictures!

Kevin
      Concept One Pulleys
      Made in the USA
      Aftermarket Car Parts

Sounds like a nice project you are building, here's a proper link to your other thread with pics: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?80363

Nice list of parts keep us updated we like pics over here
      1969 CAMARO RS

2002 LS1-T56 Dyno results: 452 rwhp, 425 rwtq
      Project pics of my '69
      Lateral-G Feature Page
      Camaro Performers Magazine Feature

Thanks Rybar for posting the link to my pics on the newbie section, I don't have much more for pictures since the bird is still at the bodyshop, I received an e-mail from Frank yesterday, he is waiting on the 02 sensor to come in on Friday, Frank wants to use the Holley Dominator EFI setup for the LS engines, and says the tuning is self learning, I found a link on this http://holleytv.com/video_detail.php?mId=13192. Check it out. He is sending one of his guys on Tuesday for Dominator tuning training and says its a pretty elaborate system. Frank is going to tune the LS on a thrust tester and dyno, and once it goes in the car it is self learning and tuning, also will not need any more tuning after.
      Imran

Got my new Forgline wheels from Perry at PTS, he sent me these pics before having them mounted

Perry had them mounted on a set of Nitto NTO 5, and man they look awesome, I will post some more pics later on the car, Deciding on wheels is one of the hardest decision I made, I must have changed my mind over 20 times, driving my friends crazy, I had decided on a set and ordered when I seen these ones at the Motor state challenge, and I new these where the ones! called Perry, told him what I wanted, and he made it happen. Perry is one stand up guy, you can call him at all hours, (reasonably of course) and he is there to help and take orders, answer question, go that extra to make sure your project comes together.

Great wheel choice!
      Stephen

Nice wheels!
      DMC69-69ss350

i love those wheels! Real stealth looking.

thanks for the compliments guys, here are some pics from my cell phone, will try and get some better pics latter.

Imran,

Thank you for the compliments and the business. The Bird is looking great... Talk at you soon!

Regards,

Perry
      PTS

Country Flag: Australia
      Very nice project.....will enjoy seeing some more detail as it comes together.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Looking forward to more pictures. Nice looking build so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com