Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Relay Mounting?

Country Flag: United States

Relay Mounting?

I am wiring up my radiator fan and my trans cooler fan and don't want to just mount the relays on the fender close to the battery.

What have you all done with mounting your relays?? Pics would really help!!! Thanks!!

The current state of my poor car...

Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

perfect!!!!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

2005 and down Chrysler PT Cruiser use a 4 relay box that is located behind the engine mounted junction box, but is separate. Sorry no pic. The junction box is pretty handy as well for fused outputs.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Sorry, I mean Sebring. I'm working on a PT now and have it stuck in my head.
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

not for fans (I use a DCC), but for headlights, hei, etc. I use standard relays and have them on a simple bar on the LH inside of the rad support. I keep a spare on there too. I like these because they are easy to procure no matter where I am.

all the hardware is stainless, even the star washers. the mounting studs act as ground posts.

Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Check out my build thread post #64. I am building my on fuseblock/relay panel using a Coope Bussman RTMR panel. It will hold 5 micro relays, 10 fuses and is extremely compact. Here is a direct link https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...98#post8996984

I'm using the same bussman panel in my Malibu. I have it mounted behind the driver side headlight where the evap canister was. One relay for each fan, one for low beams, one for high beams and one for the fuel pump, along with a fused source for each with five extra fuses for future use. The panels are cheap it's the "extras" that you need that hurt lol
      Matt
      1980 Malibu, off the jackstands.....let's see if a T-56 will last longer than a TH-700R4

thanks for all the responces!!!!!!

Can the relays be mounted a lil ways away from the battery? Mine are currently mounted right next to the battery.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      thanks for all the responces!!!!!!

Can the relays be mounted a lil ways away from the battery? Mine are currently mounted right next to the battery.
      Yes...most of my relays are in the engine bay with a couple under the dash. Just make sure you use the proper gauge wire and fuse your circuits properly.

I mounted a few of my relays on the core support under the fenders (fans and electric brake pump). Like Rocketrod said, you need to make sure you run the proper gauge wire, but for out of the way locations (like under a fender), I prefer to run a breaker instead of a fuse.

Most of my relays I have mounted in my kick panels. On the Camaro you can fit 4 per side:

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com