Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

wiring problems on second gen camaro

I have a serious problem with the wiring harness on my 80 camaro .
      I have burned out 3 open ( previously open ) ignition circuits on the factory fuse block . The probable causes are bad ground on the trunk mounted battery , the age of the harness and the fact that I did not add
      relay's to the electric fuel pump or the MSD ignition box . I need to replace the complete harness for this reason and also the added components such
      as the MSD , electric fuel pump and the soon to be added electric cooling fans . I have sen posts for some of the after market harness companies but I can not find info on the different harnesses as to what they are capable of powering . Like the Painless harness states it will power up all of the components I have and will be adding to my car . Anyone with some insight and experience with the different harnesses available please give me some advice . Thanks !

you can buy the painless 12-circuit harness with GM column plug and stuff, and that will basically wire up everything you need on your car from the headlights back to the tailights. Or you cqan get the 18 circuit and you have more circuits if you wanted to add power windows, locks, etc... But a complete new harness is the way to go, you dont want to repair certain parts, or have to worry about shorts or anyhting like that..

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com