Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need help with rear suspension

Ok i have a 95 Pontiac Firebird Formula that im wanting to "tub" but not entirely. I found a set of upper spring mount adapters from wolfe racecraft that changes my factory coil spring to using a coil over spring. Which would give me a little extra room to widen my wheel well slightly. I am already running a 12" wide wheel but i only have an inch between the wheel and wheel well and id like a little more. But i dont know what spring rate or length to use with the adapters. Or is there another option as far as my suspension or gaining more room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry S.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

Country Flag: United States
      You've got an inch? Geez, that's a mile! I start getting worried when I only have 3/8". LOL

Wolfe does that conversion often. Call and ask what shock length they use when they do it in house. The only other way is to hang the crossmember and brackets and then measure at your expected ride height. From there you can pick a shock.
      Shane Hill
      90 Mustang LX with 4.6 4v and 105mm turbo 7.72 at 194mph on drag radials
      65 Mustang- MTF C6 ifs, Torque Arm, Watts Link, Ridetech shocks, Boss 302 Coyote + T56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com